Yummy! Queen's Birthday Cake

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Well, I have made rhubarb-strawberry pies before. Of my mind their tastes mix well togerher. Also I have made rhubarb-strawberry soup (precipitated with potato flour).

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
eySrIOE.jpg

A sponge cake with rhubarb-strawberry quark & strawberry jam filling, mashed bananas on the top, whipped cream and decorated with chocolate candies.

Cariad

I see.. Like stewed fruits. :) good over ice cream. I think this kind of fruit purée could be mixed with whipped cream to fill cakes.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
We usually eat that strawberry (or other berry or fruit) soup with cream or milk as dessert itself as it´s quite running. But of course if you use more potato flour, it might be good also for cake filling.

Cariad

Yes, or otherwise condense it. Then if it's thicker consistency I think it would make it as a cake filling. I maybe will have to experiment with this idea. Or it could be a way of flavouring the cream. Like cream mixed with some strawberry (for example.. But many other fruits also) purée and add some of the raw fruit chopped for texture.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Here are some cakes I have made before:

Strawberry Cake

siqf396.jpg

Coconut sponge cake, filled by raspberry cream, strawberry jam and strawberry-peppermint syrup, decorated by banana toffee sauce, whipped cream and fresh strawberries.

Another Strawberry Cake

4exi3di4a4ev.jpg

Sponge cake, filled with raspberry jam, raspberry-blueberry cream and mashed banana, decorated with whipped cream, fresh raspberries and strawberries.

Chocolate Cake

vqmtq3teikhu.jpg

Chocolate - mocha cake with fig jam, mascarpone cheese, chocolate mousse, peach slices and chocolate peppermint candies.

Chocolate - Apricot Cake

RQGsoTB.jpg

Chocolate cake filled with apricot marmalade. Decorated with chocolate candies.

Decorated Swiss Roll

Vy5EKpa.jpg

Decorated with whipped cream, satsumas, frozen strawberries and chocolate candies.