queries

s 091

Hi {assalum allakum}, I was wondering if anyone could help me myself and my partner are soon to perform our nakar. The thing that worries me is that my partner is muslim and keep speak arabic and urdu. But my problem is that I can't, I am aware of the fact that the muller will speak first and I will copy what he has just said but I am worried that I might pronounce things wrong. I am currently trying to learn the 6 kulmah, which his family have told me I need to know but then other people say that it is only 4 I am required to say. I am nervous about this and I don't want to feel this way because it should be a happy day and I don't want to be constantly stressed that I am going to make a mistake. If anybody who reads this and has done their nakar could possibly give me a bit of advice about how the day will actually go I would be very greatful. Thankyou for taking the time to read my thread.

ahmed m

to ptonoune things wrong shouldnt be a problem, just ensure you try your best. if you pronounce it completely wrong, th person will correct you.sory a few queries

R u muslim???

wat is a muller???

wat do you mean by how the day will go???

summertime

sister :)
I think the sister means Mullah...maulvi...the guy who will perform the ceremony..don't worry sister if you don't get it right they will correct you...inshAllah..

s 091

thannkyou

thankyou for taking the time to repyl to my query. I am sorry for making the mistake of spelling mullah wrong and thankyou for correcting me on that. By me asking how the day will go I mean what type of things will happen once I have said my nakar? Is that it? Is gthat the end of the day? or do we then eat? or sit talking? I do not know. To reply to the question am I a muslim, no I have not yet done my shahada, I will be doing this on the day of my nakar and that is why I am still trying to learn more I do not want to go into things blindfolded, I want to know as much about islam as I possibly can. I have been with my partner for 5 years and have always been interested in learning but it is only the last year I have really done anything about it, and now moreso now that my partners family have accepted me.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Sister,

Welcome you to beautiful religion of Islam...I would request you to ensure that the information you read Islam is authentic.

An easy way to identiify authentic information is that it is always backed up by references from Quran (The book of Allah) and hadith (sayings Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon Him) rather than opinion of the author.

PLease explore the following link for introductory info. on Islam

Link ---> http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

And feel free to ask if you have a query or a comment, InshaAllah you will always find someone happy to help you!!!

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
To reply to the question am I a muslim, no I have not yet done my shahada, I will be doing this on the day of my nakar and that is why I am still trying to learn more I do not want to go into things blindfolded, I want to know as much about islam as I possibly can. I have been with my partner for 5 years and have always been interested in learning but it is only the last year I have really done anything about it, and now moreso now that my partners family have accepted me.

:salam2:
Sorry I have to ask this question and I really hope I don't offend you, but is Islam in your heart or are you just doing this for your husband?? The reason I ask is that many people think when they marry a Muslim they must be Muslim as well and therefore convert to a religion that is truly not something they believe 100% and in turn raise their kids the same way. I'm just wondering because if you believe in Islam why wait until the day you get married, we never know what tomorrow holds or when our last day will be.
:wasalam:

s 091

jabba thankyou far your comment and you have not offended me at all, to be honest I knew someone would ask that question and in my heart I truly believe in the 5 pillars of islam.As a child I was never interested in the religion I was being taught and to this day I am still not but as I heard more and more about islam I become more interested. I would ensure you that I am not doing this for partner alone, or his family I am doing this for myself. To be honest my partner is not the most religious of people, he does feel guilty for this and knows that he is sinning but in his heart he is happy that I am now taking an interest and I think that it is incouraging him to seek refuge back into his faith. I have not been pressured into any of my choices and I know that tomorrow I could get hit by a bus and would go straight to hellfire because I have not done my shahada earlier but for some reason I feel that I should do this on the day of my nakar.