Fashion Question about making a dress for Eid Al Fitr

Asalam Alaikum! I am a new muslimah and sooooooooooooooooooo excited for my first ramadan!! I want to make a nice dress for Eid Al-Fitr as I have read that it is sunnah to dress nice for the holiday. I am in the process of making a pattern out of muslin, however I am not sure if my idea is too nice. What I want to make is like a hijabi prom dress :p I want it to be lavender with pink, white, and yellow flowers embroidered on it, and a little poofy- not huge, but a little. My intention with this sort of design is to create an external representation of how I feel about being a muslimah, about Ramadan, and to show how much I love and care about the holiday (lol even though I haven't experienced it yet.. like I said, I am excited!) But I don't want to be overdressed or inadvertently inappropriate. Does this seem like too much? Or is it common to for ladies to wear really nice dresses on Eid al Fitr?

Dressing in Islam is to use a polite clothes and close the 'aurat', but the most important is Eid Al-Fitr is not about how to use the 'new' clothes, but rather how do we become a 'new' better Muslim.