Question about shaytaan and Ramadhaan.

BintShishaan

AmatuLlaah
As salaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatu Llaahi wa barakaatuh my dear brothers and sisters. I've been thinking..
If you hear a dog barking at night , it means that he has seen the shaytaan. But what about during Ramadhan? If a dog barks at night during Ramadhan, then... can he have seen the shaytaan? Because devils are tied during Ramadhan.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
He could just be a dog barking at night. Doesn't have to necessarily equate to anything supernatural.

muslimshabs

walaikum salaam warahmatullahi wabarakatahu...

I have heard that dogs bark at night coz they see what you see not...

The Prophet :saw: said: When you hear the barking of dogs and the braying of asses at night, seek refuge in Allah, for they see which you do not see.(Abu Dawood 5084, Narrated Jabi ibn Abdullah, r.a.)

Is there anything about the dogs see the devils...???

salamu alikum...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Question: why is shytan supernatural? I have not encountered that before. He has no powers but to whisper.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
walaikum salaam warahmatullahi wabarakatahu...

I have heard that dogs bark at night coz they see what you see not...

The Prophet :saw: said: When you hear the barking of dogs and the braying of asses at night, seek refuge in Allah, for they see which you do not see.(Abu Dawood 5084, Narrated Jabi ibn Abdullah, r.a.)

Is there anything about the dogs see the devils...???

salamu alikum...

wa alaykumassalaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,
this can be anything like disease,jinns etc or maybe nothing at all.Allah knows and we know not.
Also I heard not all the shayateen are chained in Ramadan but the most evil ones,hence they are not as active as they are in other months.Is there any truth to this?
wasalam

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
As salaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatu Llaahi wa barakaatuh my dear brothers and sisters. I've been thinking..
If you hear a dog barking at night , it means that he has seen the shaytaan. But what about during Ramadhan? If a dog barks at night during Ramadhan, then... can he have seen the shaytaan? Because devils are tied during Ramadhan.

Wa'alaikumussalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh dear sister

I do not know if there is any Hadith saying about Dogs barking when they see Shatan, but there is a Hadith mentioning that the Donkeys bray when they see Shatan.

Prophet (pbuh) said, "If a donkey brays, then seek refuge in Allah from the outcast Shaitan," (Mujam al-Kabeer, at-Tabaraani, hadith is sahih).

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
I do think that animals can sense things that we cannot. They are more in tune with nature and with the earth than we are, and their senses are more finely tuned to the natural world than ours are. I have read stories about animals sensing earthquakes and volcanic eruptions days before they happened because they can sense the vibrations in the earth.

That being said, my dogs will bark at a blade of grass moving, so I take their barking lightly most of the time. I usually yell at them to shut up when it's 2 AM and I have to get up for work in a few hours...

islamdonlyway

walikumsalam, yep i read somewere or heard that dog barks when it sees shaytan.

i had one question similer to yours. if someone sees a bad dream IN RAMADAN, isnt that from the shaytaan? becouse our prophet (pbuh) said bad dreams are from shaytaan, but in ramadan they are tied up..soo can they still influence us in dreams even thow tied up? or isit just our uncouncious ?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

"The idea that the devils are not present in Ramadaan is not correct. What is proven from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is that the devils are chained up during Ramadaan.

Al-Bukhaari (1899) and Muslim (1079) narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Ramadaan comes, the gates of Paradise are opened, the gates of Hell are closed, and the devils are chained up.”

Al-Qurtubi said:

If it is said, How come we see many evil actions and sins happening in Ramadaan? If the devils are chained up that would not happen.

The answer is that evil actions are reduced on the part of those who fast meeting all the conditions of fasting and taking care to observe the proper etiquette; or that only some of the devils are chained up, namely the maarids (strong ones), and not all of them, as it says in some reports; or that evils are reduced in this month, which is something noticeable – fewer evils happen in this month than in others. If all of them were to be chained up that does not mean that evil and sin would not happen, because there are other causes of evil apart from the devils, such as evil souls, bad habits and human devils.

From Fath al-Baari.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was asked in Fataawa al-Siyaam (p. 466):

How can we reconcile between the idea that the devils are chained up in Ramadaan and the fact the people commit sin?

He replied:

The fact that sin happens in Ramadaan does not contradict the report that the devils are chained up in Ramadaan, because the fact that they are chained up does not prevent them from moving. Hence it says in the hadeeth: “And the strong devils are chained up, and they cannot achieve what they usually achieve (at other times).” Narrated by Ahmad, 7857; this hadeeth was mentioned by al-Albaani in Da’eef al-Targheeb, 586; he said: it is da’eef jiddan (very weak).

It does not mean that the devils do not move at all, rather they can move and lead people astray, but their activities during Ramadaan are not like their activities at other times."

IslamQA

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu. . .

Jazakallah khair for your post akhi mabsoot. However I have some questions:

wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh
If all of them were to be chained up that does not mean that evil and sin would not happen, because there are other causes of evil apart from the devils, such as evil souls, bad habits and human devils.

From Fath al-Baari.
What does it means evil souls?

Hence it says in the hadeeth: “And the strong devils are chained up, and they cannot achieve what they usually achieve (at other times).” Narrated by Ahmad, 7857; this hadeeth was mentioned by al-Albaani in Da’eef al-Targheeb, 586; he said: it is da’eef jiddan (very weak).

IslamQA

If it's very weak, how can we trust this hadith? i.e that strong devils are chained only?

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
اسلام عليكم ورحمةالله وبركاته

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) “and the devils are chained up,” – yet we still see people suffering from epilepsy during the day in Ramadaan, so how can the devils be chained up when some people are suffering epileptic fits?

He replied: In some versions of the hadeeth it says “and the strong devils (maarids) are chained up” – this is narrated by al-Nasaa’i. This hadeeth is speaking of matters of the unseen, so we have to accept it and not discuss it any further. This is safer for a person’s religious commitment. Hence when ‘Abd-Allaah, the son of Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal said to his father, “Some people suffer epileptics fits during the day in Ramadaan,” the Imam said: “This is what the hadeeth says and we do not discuss this.”

Moreover it seems that what is meant by their being chained up is that they are prevented from tempting people, based on the fact that there is a great deal of goodness and many people turn to Allaah during Ramadaan.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 20.

Based on this, the chaining up of the devils is something that happens in a real sense, about which Allaah knows best. This does not mean that evil things do not happen or that people do not commit sin. And Allaah knows best.

Reference

Al-Qurtubi said: If it is said, how come we see many evil actions and sins being committed in Ramadaan, for if the devils were chained up, that would not happen?

The answer is that (evil actions) are reduced on the part of those who fast meeting all the conditions of fasting and paying attention to the etiquette of fasting.

Or some of the devils – namely the most evil ones – are chained up, not all of them, as previously mentioned in some reports.

Reference

2 important things gathered were the one in bold.

But as written above, since it is a matter of the Unseen, Allaah knows best.

وعليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته