Question About This Hadith!

Sakeena

:salam2: :hijabi:

I have some questions about the following Hadith:

IRAQ and SYRIA

Abu Nadhrah says: "We were sitting in the company of Jabir bin Abdullah radhiyallahu anhu when he said: 'Soon the people of IRAQ will neither receive any food (grain) nor any money.'" We asked, "Why would such a thing happen?" He replied, "Because of the non-Arabs." (i.e they will prevent food from going into Iraq, in the form of "sanctions" to this day.) He then said: "Soon the people of Shaam (SYRIA) will neither receive any money nor grain." We asked as to why this would happen. He replied: "Because of the Romans (Christians).

Is this actually referring to modern-day SYRIA?? :eek:

Perseveranze

Asalaamu Alaikum,

I'd be really careful, I did a search and can't find that hadith referenced anywhere. Maybe it's the way it's translated, but yeah, you need to first find out whether it is authentic or not.

All the websites that have that hadith, never once reference it...

I can't find it on SI either. On top of that, this isn't a saying of the Prophet(pbuh).

wantobeMumin

:salam2:

if it is authentic, it is saying to some one other than our prophet (saw) hence it is not hadith.
also iraq was mostly referred to as f Kuffa or other provinces etc. dont know where the exact origin of Iraq comes from.

strive-may-i

:wasalam:

Sister Sakeena, the narrator here is supposedly Jabir bin Abdullah, (highlighted in brown color).
:salam2: :hijabi:

I have some questions about the following Hadith:

IRAQ and SYRIA

Abu Nadhrah says: "We were sitting in the company of Jabir bin Abdullah radhiyallahu anhu when he said: 'Soon the people of IRAQ will neither receive any food (grain) nor any money.'" We asked, "Why would such a thing happen?" He replied, "Because of the non-Arabs." (i.e they will prevent food from going into Iraq, in the form of "sanctions" to this day.) He then said: "Soon the people of Shaam (SYRIA) will neither receive any money nor grain." We asked as to why this would happen. He replied: "Because of the Romans (Christians).

Is this actually referring to modern-day SYRIA?? :eek: