Question, Question, QUestion..........ATTENTION lol

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:salam2: brothers and siters in Islam:D
I hope this reaches you in the BESTEST of health/imaan:D:D:D:D

ok ok I have a question (duuh like alwayss);)

My friends at the Masjid and I were talking about Sunnah prayers today. I ones read here on this website (I cannot remember what the thread was exactly) but it was about the twelve sunnah prayers. It said, there is no sunnah BEFORE or AFTER asr. Now my friends, said there is four sunnah Rak'ats before Asr, but no Sunnah after........
Now, if there is four Rak'ats before Asr, that means the totall of sunnats wont be twelve instead it'll be sixteen raka'ats.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

To cut this short: IS THERE SUNNAH PRAYER WITH ASR??????

please include proof from Qur'an and sunnah, :D I would really appreciate your help:SMILY126::SMILY126::SMILY126::SMILY126:

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
:wasalam: habibtii

Sorry i hope somebody can state the proofs. but here's your answer hopefully. In dhuhur salaah the total number of rakats is 12;
4 Sunnah,
4 fardh,
2 Sunnah
2 Nafl.

In 'Asr salaah the total number of rakats is 8;
4 Sunnah
4 Fardh.

i think you're gettiing both prayers confused?

I hope this helps inshaALlah.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:wasalam: habibtii

Sorry i hope somebody can state the proofs. but here's your answer hopefully. In dhuhur salaah the total number of rakats is 12;
4 Sunnah,
4 fardh,
2 Sunnah
2 Nafl.

In 'Asr salaah the total number of rakats is 8;
4 Sunnah
4 Fardh.

i think you're gettiing both prayers confused?

I hope this helps inshaALlah.

:salam2: Habibti:D:D:D:D:D (coppied you:shymuslima1:) lol
ok the twelve sunnats I am talking about are here:
Fajr: 2 sunnah
Dhuhr:4 before and 2 after (6)
Asr:0
Maqrib:2
Isha:2
Totall: 2+6+2+2= 12
now If we add the Asr prayer that would be 16 wont it??.............So there is where my confusion comes from.
JazakaAllah khairan for answering dear sister:D
:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
As-salaamu'alaykum hun, *no worrys bout the copying- LOL*

Sorry, i misunderstood you. Your talking about sunan NOT raka'at LOl *slaps herself on the head*

In Eisha there are; 4 Sunnah+ 2 sunnah. Not only 2 :confused:

Maybe you read the Sunnah mu'akkida equals to 12? 2 Sunnah from fajr, 6 sunnah from dhuhur, 2 sunnah from Maghrib, and 2 Sunnah from Eisha.

revert2007

Love Fishing
we should always do according to what the prophet pbuh did...

for fajr prayer
2sunnah
2fard

for dhur prayer
4 sunnah
4 fard
2sunnah

for asr prayer
4 fard

for maghrib prayer
3 fard
2sunnah

for ishaa prayer
4 fard
2sunnah

total of the sunnah is 12

then u must do 2 rakaat of shafa + and1rakaat of witr( 2 separate salah) or witr with 3 rakaat but no tashahud in 2nd rakaat

if u want to do nawafil prayers which is extra,u can do during the night time(half night till subh)...this is what the prophet pbuh did and we should follow his way

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
waAlaikum waslaam :D

Oh My ALLAH!!

ravathib sunnah?? Sunnah mu'akkida? what are those?? I dont understand.....CONFUSED!CONFUSED!CONFUSED...........

revert2007

Love Fishing
there is another prayer after the sun rise called duha..and u can do 2 rakaat or 4 rakaat or any rakaat u like(even numbers)...besides that no any prayer till dhur time...

at night u can do tahajud prayer 2 rakaat or 4 rakaat..... (in even numbers)
and u can perform witr prayer 1 rakkat,3 rakaat .....(odd numbers)

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
we should always do according to what the prophet pbuh did...

for fajr prayer
2sunnah
2fard

for dhur prayer
4 sunnah
4 fard
2sunnah

for asr prayer
4 fard

for maghrib prayer
3 fard
2sunnah

for ishaa prayer
4 fard
2sunnah

total of the sunnah is 12

then u must do 2 rakaat of shafa + and1rakaat of witr( 2 separate salah) or witr with 3 rakaat but no tashahud in 2nd rakaat

if u want to do nawafil prayers which is extra,u can do during the night time(half night till subh)...this is what the prophet pbuh did and we should follow his way

MWAAAAHHSS:hearts:
JazakaAllah khairan !! this is the one I know.....but I have confused since I heard there is Sunnah before Asr.......sister do mind if you search the hadith for me:shymuslima1::shymuslima1:

revert2007

Love Fishing
MWAAAAHHSS:hearts:
JazakaAllah khairan !! this is the one I know.....but I have confused since I heard there is Sunnah before Asr.......sister do mind if you search the hadith for me:shymuslima1::shymuslima1:

sis i guess u should read this...the hadith mention only 12 sunnah

proof

i had the same confusion but then later on my quran tecaher told me the prophet pbuuh only did 12 sunnah in the day..if u wnat extra prayer,perform them in the night

revert2007

Love Fishing
if you want to do the sunnah before asr u can do so..but the prophet pbuh him only did these 12 rakaat every day..before asr is not sure and prophet pbuh did not do it every day...

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
sis i guess u should read this...the hadith mention only 12 sunnah

proof

i had the same confusion but then later on my quran tecaher told me the prophet pbuuh only did 12 sunnah in the day..if u wnat extra prayer,perform them in the night

:salam2:

:hearts::hearts::hearts:
JazakaAllah khairan my sweet sister! I truely appreciate your help......inshaAllah I will show this to my sisters at the Masjid:)
Allah bless you!:hearts:
love,love,love,love,love,loooooooooooooove you for Allah's sake!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

muslim-girl

asc

Asalamusalmaleikum sister

- Basically i heard the same as ur friend.
I dont have any proof for it, but i heard that u can pray 2 or 4 sunnah prayers before Asr, but its not include the 12 sunnah prayers, its just some extre sunnah prayers which if u pray Allah will have mercy upon u. I dont know if its corret or not i heard it long time ago, i even self pray 2 sunnah prayers before asr sometimes, i heard that its the sunnah of the prohet saw, sometimes he will pray them sometimes not, so its not like the other 12 sunnah prayers inshaAllah Allah knows best..
MaY Allah forgive me if i was wrong, its not for my intention but from my nafs and satan..
:tti_sister:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:saw:
Asalamusalmaleikum sister

- Basically i heard the same as ur friend.
I dont have any proof for it, but i heard that u can pray 2 or 4 sunnah prayers before Asr, but its not include the 12 sunnah prayers, its just some extre sunnah prayers which if u pray Allah will have mercy upon u. I dont know if its corret or not i heard it long time ago, i even self pray 2 sunnah prayers before asr sometimes, i heard that its the sunnah of the prohet saw, sometimes he will pray them sometimes not, so its not like the other 12 sunnah prayers inshaAllah Allah knows best..
MaY Allah forgive me if i was wrong, its not for my intention but from my nafs and satan..
:tti_sister:

waAlaikum salaam:)

hhmm, makes sense............so what you're saying is there is such thing but the prophet :saw: did it sometimes and not the other......hhmm which means it was not a "recommended Sunnah" as the other twelve??
:jazaak: for your input hunny, Allah bless your soul. ameen

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2: brothers and siters in Islam:D
I hope this reaches you in the BESTEST of health/imaan:D:D:D:D

ok ok I have a question (duuh like alwayss);)

My friends at the Masjid and I were talking about Sunnah prayers today. I ones read here on this website (I cannot remember what the thread was exactly) but it was about the twelve sunnah prayers. It said, there is no sunnah BEFORE or AFTER asr. Now my friends, said there is four sunnah Rak'ats before Asr, but no Sunnah after........
Now, if there is four Rak'ats before Asr, that means the totall of sunnats wont be twelve instead it'll be sixteen raka'ats.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

To cut this short: IS THERE SUNNAH PRAYER WITH ASR??????

please include proof from Qur'an and sunnah, :D I would really appreciate your help:SMILY126::SMILY126::SMILY126::SMILY126:

:salam2: sister,

I would recommend you to read 'Riyadh us saliheen'. Insha'Allah you will get to know all of the Sunnah prayers along with their classifications. You should have a copy of it in your mosque/islamic center Insha'Allah.

Here is the part that deals with Sunnah prayers

Link : http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/hadeeth/riyad/08/book08.htm

Chapter 195 onwards should help you Insha'Allah.

As for 4 rakah before Asr.. I am quoting from chapter 200

Chapter 200
Sunnah of the 'Asr Prayer

1119. `Ali bin Abu Talib (May Allah be pleased with him)reported: The Prophet (PBUH) used to perform four Rak`ah before the `Asr prayer, separating them with Taslim (i.e., offering blessings) on the favourite angels who are near Allah's proximity and the Muslims and the believers who come after them.
[At-Tirmidhi].

Commentary: The phrase "separating them with Taslim'' means that he would perform four Rak`ah in two couplets.

1120. Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "May Allah have mercy on a man who performs four Rak`ah before the `Asr prayer.''
[Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi].

Commentary: These four Rak`ah can be performed in two couplets also, as was the practice of the Prophet (PBUH), according to the preceding Hadith. It can be performed with one Taslim also. Both forms are correct and permissible. Some scholars are of the opinion that the former method is better. `Ulama' have stated that these four Sunnah of `Asr prayer are Ghair Mu'akkadah (optional prayers). Its importance is however evident from the fact that the Prophet (PBUH) prayed for mercy on those who performed these Sunnah.

1121. `Ali bin Abu Talib (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) used to perform two Rak`ah before the `Asr prayer.
[Abu Dawud].

Commentary: We learn from this Hadith that one can also perform two Sunnah before `Asr prayer. But Sheikh Al-Albani has stated that the word "two Rak`ah" occurring in this Hadith is rare. Four Rak`ah are secure and should, therefore, be preferred.

I hope this clears the matter Insha'Allah.

Wasalaamalikum waa rahmatullahi sister

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:salam2: sister,

I would recommend you to read 'Riyadh us saliheen'. Insha'Allah you will get to know all of the Sunnah prayers along with their classifications. You should have a copy of it in your mosque/islamic center Insha'Allah.

Here is the part that deals with Sunnah prayers

Link : http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/hadeeth/riyad/08/book08.htm

Chapter 195 onwards should help you Insha'Allah.

As for 4 rakah before Asr.. I am quoting from chapter 200

I hope this clears the matter Insha'Allah.

Wasalaamalikum waa rahmatullahi sister

:salam2:
JazakaAllah khairan brother:D
your answer is very beneficial......so both stands are correct, :D
if we pray it's better if we dont aint no problem:D
walhamduliallah:D
may Allah reward you for this ameen
InshaAllah, I will try to find that book, I have seen that name before, we might have it in my home:shymuslima1: lol
I dont know,but I will look for it inshaAllah,
Allah bless you and reward you,
ameeeeeeeeeen
:wasalam::SMILY139:

kubra_2002

Allahu Akubar!!!!!
as wr wb..

:salam2: brothers and sisters..I want to make only one comment..you have more knowledge than I do..but as Allah said" wama utitum minal Ilmi illa qalila" yes there 4 sunna before asir prayer. prophet(saw) said whomever pray 4 rakat of sunna before asir may Allah have His mercy on him/her. sorry I couldn't provide you wiht actual hadith..I will try to inshallah

revert2007

Love Fishing
:salam2: brothers and sisters..I want to make only one comment..you have more knowledge than I do..but as Allah said" wama utitum minal Ilmi illa qalila" yes there 4 sunna before asir prayer. prophet(saw) said whomever pray 4 rakat of sunna before asir may Allah have His mercy on him/her. sorry I couldn't provide you wiht actual hadith..I will try to inshallah

well sis i myslef used to do 4 sunnah prayer before asr but my quran teacher asked me not to do because the prophet didn't do..it is really confusing..it will be better if we have the sahih hadith...so shall i do 4 sunnah before asr or not?

revert2007

Love Fishing
thats alot lol :O
lol...i suggest that you start with the 5 obligatory prayers first..the rest you can do it once your prayer is perfect...do not worry..the prayer is very easy by the way..i start praying independtly less than 24 hours and memorised al-fatihah within 20minutes... Allah will guide you..don't worry to much

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
peace be with you brother,
thats alot lol :O
well, it's not really when you get used to it.......prayer is our way of talking to Allah (means God in Arabic)......So, when a believer has alot of love for the creator they would LOVE to talk to Him more often!! even if it means doing the voluntery prayers:)
walhamduliAllah..........I would like to share this:D
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

"Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said:

Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him."
I picked this up because when a Muslim prays those twelve+ prayers they're not looking for anything EXCEPT to be closer to Allah......and NO it's not hard for them to do so.
I hope you understand where I am coming from:D

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals

Allah reward you sister:D for sharing.....
:hearts: