Question to members

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brothers and sisters I need to ask you to tell me how can I inspire you to become more serious? There are so many things we can be doing? How do I get this group of people to want to make changes? How do I get our youth to make small changes?

palestine

Servant of Allah
asalamu alaykum. you could help us become more serious by informing us of what we are really seen us by the world and how we shouldn't follow the kufars leads. you could also give us ideas to probably start in our masjids and schools. or how we should write, speak, or join the speech team at school to say what is appropriate yet true. i need that...because i'm around muslims who are full of negativity. and people don't really take seriously those who write online like you or me, unless they see you face to face. that's one of the problems, so we all need to take responsibility and speak out in public to those around us especially muslims.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom, dear sister

Salaam,

Brothers and sisters I need to ask you to tell me how can I inspire you to become more serious? There are so many things we can be doing? How do I get this group of people to want to make changes? How do I get our youth to make small changes?

First I wanna say thay I miss you.:)
Secondly,though being serious is a personal feature, it also can be acquired.
To make an effective change, there should be a deep and strong will of change inside everyone. Then there should be a plan for fffective change; an inspiring project we can all gather around.

This site is intended to spread the truth, to guide those who search for the truth. So let our inspiring project is to do our best to help them reach the truth and enjoy it. Be sure that every word you write to achieve that holy goal will be added to your good deeds record and you will be rewarded for it inshaa Allah.

Amany

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

I joined TTI because I was bored, just aimlessly browsing the net :p probably should've been doing something else but wasnt..:rolleyes: but now I recognise the potential impact what I type here can have - I think I've become more serious since then yes, made plenty of mistakes along the way. Im ready to make changes, big and small...:confused:

Theres not much muslim activity in my area, and thats one thing I want to change inshAllah, I take inspiration from posts such as yours and others like this on TTI.

Joanna-Aisha

Assalamu alykoum!

Hmmm...I would like to know what do u mean by being more serious. I'm ready for all your suggestions, as a person who wants to follow Allah's way the best I can:) I'm just new here and new in Islam:) (However I think I was Muslim all my life), so I'm waiting more for you, and I can learn from your good deeds:)
Maa el salama!

ponderer

assalam o alikum

i dont know about the world, but here on TTI:

How about choosing 1 topic each week or something....and everybody writing what they know for a fact, with evidence, about it....like, the reward you'll get for doing it.....the sin for not.....

last year i used to wear a scarf....not really a hijab cuz i'd wear those ALMOST sleeveless top....like, they'd have abt 2 inch of sleeves....but then i saw a video abt hijab from ummah films......and then read this article on sisters.islamway.......alhumdulillah now i wear an abaya

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu

Wallahi, we can work as a team, a group, a force. We need to motivate ourselves. We need to find inspiration. We are living all over the world. But the potential we have is unimaginable. Overall we need to plan in our everyday lives. We need to practice what we preach.

We need not feel shy to ask even the simplest of question or problem. Neither does it matter that if somebody is holding a high position in society (real world or virtual world), he or she feels awkward in asking something.

Start sharing something, even if it be the smallest of matters, with us. Something that made you happy. Something that you did for the sake of Allah Subhanahu wa Taala. Something that helped your Muslim brother or sister. Tell something beneficial you are doing to your non-muslim friend, your muslim brothers or sisters, your neighbours, your society, your masjid etc.

Remember that Motivation and inspiration start from righteous deeds and getting humble in front of Allah Subhanahu wa Taala.

wa/salam

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Salaam,

Salam alai kum

I think that the change needs to start from within the individual and they need to try and think of his or her own weak points and work on improving that weakness.

In addition to this every one should know their own faults and analyse the reasons behind it, and try to avoid it in the future. The problem with some of us is we don’t want to admit we make mistakes.

We need to unite the Muslim Umah and by doing this we start by looking at ourselves in the hope that we can lead a perfect example to others whether they're Muslim or non Muslim.

Verily never will Allah change a condition of a people until they change what is within their souls [Ra'd 13:11]

Peace2u

Wulf

A'salaamu 'aleikom.

A very interesting question. I am not sure of the situation in other places, but here in Brisbane Australia, islam receives wide publicity through the activities of several organisations, for their charity work and their involvement in the general commuity.

Eidfest is an annual event that is open to all the community and advertised as such. At a recent fundraising dinner, $27,000 was raised for a special School for dissabled children. The Annual fetes and fairs held by the different islamic madrassah, receive great publicity.

This city has 16 Mosques, several prayer rooms and a faculty of Islam at the local University.

If one really wishes to make a difference then maybe one could just be seen to be Muslim. I mean those sisters who are hijabi are as witnesses for islam, and when they do community work, they are seen to be who and what they are. As for male Mulims, unless they are wearing Kobe and hat, I wouldn't know whether they are bearded hippies or what. And as for those without beard? They are just like anyone else out there.

Remember those words that you use every time you do salah?

Ash hadu an la Ilahah Illallah

Ash hadu anna Mohammadan Rasul-ullah

"I bear witness that non has the right to be worshipped but Allah, Subhanna wa ta'ala."

I bear Witness that Muhammad (sullulahu allehi wa salaam) is the messenger of Allah, (Subhanna wa ta'ala).

Ask yourselves. "How can I make a difference?"

W'salaam
Ibrahim

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
ASAK,
how abt learning something new every week and doing some activity or projects and sharing our experiences with that project.

JAK