Question:)

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:salam2:

I just wanted to know if putting on NAIL POLISH *AFTER* wudu nalifies the prayer and I need PROOF. I have been asked this by another sister inshaAllah I hope you guys can help me.

:wasalam:

Allah hafiz NOW and ALWAYS:)

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'alaykum as-salaam,

"Q: Is it allowed in Islam to say ones prayers with Nail-color on ?.

A: Praise be to Allaah.

It is permissible for a woman to colour her nails for the purpose of adornment, with materials that do not cause harm, and there is nothing wrong with her praying with that, unless it is a substance that prevents water from reaching what is beneath it, in which case wudoo’ and ghusl are not valid unless it is removed. If the wudoo’ is not valid then the prayer is not valid.

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/218:

“If the colour is impermeable, then wudoo’ is not valid unless it is removed before doing wudoo’. If it is not impermeable, then wudoo’ is valid, as is the case with henna.”

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A"

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
JazakaAllah khairan bro,

so does this mean we can pray with nail POLISH on if we put it AFTER wudu??? sorry I just need a little clarification.
JazakaAllah khairan again:)

Sanaa01

Muslima
:salam2:

You can put nail polisher on you nails after wudu' and you can pray with it but than you have to remove it before you make next wudu' which is a lot of work... I like to polish my nails but for this reason I don't so the only time I polish my nail is when I am menstruating and before I make ghusul I remove it

:wasalam:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu Alaikum:)
JazakaAllah khairan for all your answers, AlhamduliAllah I have passed them on to my sister in Islam and I too benefited from them.AlhamduliAllah:)

JazakaAllah khairan AGAIN:)