Question

Slave_ofAllah

:salam2:

I was debating with a Christian friend about how Muslims don't attribute human like qualities with God, hence we don't believe Prophet Jesus (PBUH) is God, or anything of that sort. But she pointed out that we do associate human qualities with God, we say things like God is kind, merciful, gets angry, loves, etc.. aren't all those human qualities? Are we not suppose to do that? I mean she is right, she has a point. If we can associate all those things with God, than why not associate the qualities of Prophet Jesus PBUH with God ? :astag: But I do need some sort of solid answer as in to why that is. I hope my question was clear. I do have an opinion and a response, not a solid one, but I will put it up later inshaAllah...

Abu Talib

Feeling low

I was debating with a Christian friend about how Muslims don't attribute human like qualities with God, hence we don't believe Prophet Jesus (PBUH) is God, or anything of that sort. But she pointed out that we do associate human qualities with God, we say things like God is kind, merciful, gets angry, loves, etc.. aren't all those human qualities? Are we not suppose to do that? I mean she is right, she has a point. If we can associate all those things with God, than why not associate the qualities of Prophet Jesus PBUH with God ? :astag: But I do need some sort of solid answer as in to why that is. I hope my question was clear. I do have an opinion and a response, not a solid one, but I will put it up later inshaAllah...

First of all ask her if Jesus [Peace Be Upon Him was son of God] then who is Adam? or If Jesus was God so who came first God or Adam?

Slave_ofAllah

Thanks for the response, but that's another whole topic... They have certain verses in the Bible that say Prophet Jesus PBUH was there when nothing else was there, and he(pbuh) was the word, etc. meaning he(pbuh) was there, but also came as the Messiah... It's a really confusing concept, nonetheless I don't want wanna debate about that...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

The question is backwords. He is the Creator. He is beyond what we know. We may out of His Wisdom and Mercy have qualities. He is the Quality. How can we compare the created with the Giver of Life.

When we enter a discussion with a Christian..we immediately enter into the world of comparative. Islam is superlative. For example most people strive to just do good. Christians often strive to do better. Muslims strive to do the best.
We always end up in debate about who is better. The debate ends up with comparisons of the Prophet Isa. Are the ayats of the Quran not sufficient to tell us the Truth of Isa.
The prophets of Allah were a Mercy of Allah to teach us the correct way of True Worship. Every one of them..those named and those we have no knowledge.
Allah is the Owner. He is the Possessor. He IS. To Him Belongs All.

The mistake thus becomes simple. Once again we may have the quality of anger. But Anger belongs to Him.

I pray my response makes sense. I leave argument to those who have skill and acumen. I am a simple woman who worships Allah subhana talla because I belong to Him.

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatoh..
La howla wa la quatta illa billah
Dear brother please take heed of the word Ar Rahman Ar raheem (The Most compassionate, The Most Merciful)
A human can not walk around and say, hi I am Ar Raheem, I am the most merciful, because it's a false statement.. Allah with his 99 attributes, are attritubes that we percieve from our own actions, Allah gave us his attritubes in order for us to acknowledge in some way who Allah is.
For example I am Mahyarel-prince I tell you I am a fast typer. That attribute tells you that I am a fast typer, do you know anything else about me ? No I am a person in my whole, but if I gave more details, I have white skin, you would get a better idea of what I am but you still don't know everything about me...
When Allah azza wa jal says He is The creator, The designer, This gives you an idea of what He is, and we must remember that when we say he is the Most merciful thats because there is nothing more merciful then Him, if I save a boys life, peolpe will say wow he's so merciful, does that mean I am the Most? saying the MOST is a term we can only use on something divine, ever heard of the phrase, "Theres always some one better then you" at what ever you do?
Anyways I just came from a long days work I hope I answered you, if not I will explain mroe please reply , abdallah, I mean slave of Allah, oh yeah same thing :p