Quran and Ahadith ...SERIOUS QUESTIONS

zulqernan

:salam2:

My friend point out some imp questions from me and i want answers from u all my brothers and sisters...

1- my friend says that JESUS will never resurrect becoz in QURAN ...it is not written HE will come back...

2-His 2nd question= where is written in QURAN that DAJJAL will come back...

3-ahadith are not the WORD OF GOD so we dont believe...

I myself believes in QURAN and SAHIH ahadith....

if u help me then JAZAKALLAH...

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
As'salamu aaleikom

How your frend pray?How many rakat each prayer?Pls ask him?I m courious!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu
good one i don't see why Quran has to specify everything in clear terms........other wise why send a prophet to explain stuff!!!

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I'm sure I read some ayat in the Quran, that all Believers must follow the word of the prophet. And those are the Hadith, so therefore, the Quran does say to follow the Hadith.

a_stranger

قُلْ أَطِيعُواْ اللّهَ وَالرَّسُولَ فإِن تَوَلَّوْاْ فَإِنَّ اللّهَ لاَ يُحِبُّ الْكَافِرِينَ (3:32)

Quran

Translation of the meanings :
3:32 (Picktall) Say: Obey Allah and the messenger. But if they turn away, Lo! Allah loveth not the disbelievers (in His guidance). -

yasser_cbe1986

Re : Trust in hadeeth

Assalamualaikum

Dear brother i do understand your feelings .and i beliEve that the sect you are talking about is "AHLE QURAN" .
tHIS SECT SAYS believes only in quran and they deny the hadeeth and ask
I personally do not recommend you to stop speaking to your friend instead speak to him in a friendly manner than ever before.

Pls tell him that thye holy quran itself says "believe in allah and then have in his prophet and if you fail to do so then all your deeds will go in vain."

If he does not believe in Hadeeth then let me remind you that his faith is similar to that of christain for arab christians also call Their god "ALLAH" bu t they do not believe in Prophet mUhammad .So tell how is his faith different from that of arab christian.

To understand quran itself you will never be able to do that without hadeeth

it is wrong to say that allah has not preserved hadeethin a different manner
ask him to refer to books like bukhari .muslim, Abu dawood, Tirmidhi

these are the four authentic books of hadeeth in islam

brother if i said anything wroong may allah forgivem me and if it was useful pray for me and my parents and may allah guide us all to teh true light

assalmaualaikum

I respectfully disagree with that statement. Imaam Abu-Haneefa, may God have been pleased with him, knew very few hadeeths but he still understood the Quran more than most.

The Hadeeth confirms the Quran and elaborates on it, but it is not required to understand the Quran. We follow the hadeeth not because without it we cannot understand the Quran, but because God ordered us to obey the Prophet.

not true; u can't ignore the reason of revelation when making tafseer. asbab annazool are derived from hadeeth.

if you are using tafseer to interpret ayat, then you will find hadeeth is used.

especially, nowadays where linguistically the comprehension needs guidance and commentary; as it not commonly practiced in Arabic speaking places-that is the rich language of Quraish.

wa Allah ya'lam

for reference see Arabic lecture about science of Quran:http://www.forsanelhaq.com/showthread.php?t=118938
:wasalam::wasalam:

I beg to differ. There are no "reasons" for revelation; there are circumstances of revelation. The reason for all revelations is guidance. The circumstances of revelation are all history, but the guidance of the Quran remains.

Tafseer is not required to understand the Quran, but it is good and beneficial to know the different ways the scholars understood the verses. Arabic is the only requirement to understand the Quran and that is something everybody can learn, and IMHO every Muslim should learn.

obviously, you knowing some Arabic, doesn't yield well rounded knowledge. you may differ, but the truth is what we seek.

according to what you say:

I can consume alcohol, and eat pork and remain obedient muslim. istagfirAlaah.

see this ayah:
لَيْسَ عَلَى الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ جُنَاحٌ فِيمَا طَعِمُوا إِذَا مَا اتَّقَوْا وَآمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ ثُمَّ اتَّقَوْا وَآمَنُوا ثُمَّ اتَّقَوْا وَأَحْسَنُوا وَاللَّهُ يُحِبُّ الْمُحْسِنِينَ
[al-maida 5:93]

would like to explain to me how you can reconcile this without knowing "circumstances".

:wasalam:

Abu Talib

Feeling low

not true; u can't ignore the reason of revelation when making tafseer. asbab annazool are derived from hadeeth.

if you are using tafseer to interpret ayat, then you will find hadeeth is used.

especially, nowadays where linguistically the comprehension needs guidance and commentary; as it not commonly practiced in Arabic speaking places-that is the rich language of Quraish.

wa Allah ya'lam

for reference see Arabic lecture about science of Quran:http://www.forsanelhaq.com/showthread.php?t=118938
:wasalam::wasalam:

Agreed with you. I'd like to add more to it

Why we need tafsîr
Question
I have a question regarding the Qur’ân. Why, to fully understand the Qur’ân, must we refer to someone who is an expert at tafsîr? Why should a book that is for all humanity be so that its hard to understand?

Answered by
the Fatwa Department Research Committee - chaired by Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî

The Qur’ân is accessible to everyone. Its message is clear and so are its lessons. The Qur’ân is clear in meaning. It was understandable to the people of the past as it is understandable to people today. However, to fully understand all of what the Qur’ân is telling us in an in-depth, precise, and accurate manner, and to make sure we do not misunderstand anything (for indeed, to err is human), there is prerequisite knowledge that we need to acquire. For instance, it is of tremendous importance for a person approaching the study of the Qur’ân to have knowledge of the Arabic language and of the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace be upon him). Arabic languageFor a person to be able to explore the meaning of the Qur’ân effectively, he would have to possess a mastery of the Arabic language. The Qur’ân is in Arabic and there is no escaping the fact that its meanings are conveyed by its words. This is why translations can never suffice. A person cannot rely on someone else’s invariable subjective interpretation. Aside from the subjectivity of the interpreter, levels of meaning that are conveyed by the original Arabic are lost in translation, and more seriously, the words used in the language of translation will unavoidably have shades of meaning not present in the original Arabic. When it comes to interpreting different shades of meaning, we can never apply our own arbitrary understanding to a verse. We cannot make the meanings up ourselves according to our feelings. The SunnahA knowledge of the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is integral to understanding the Qur’ân. Without such knowledge, a commentator might unwittingly contradict some fundamental aspect of our religion or some teaching of the Prophet (peace be upon him). We must realize that the verses of the Qur’ân were revealed in stages, not all at once. These verses are not arranged in chronological order according to their time of revelation. Therefore, to understand the Qur’ân, we must know the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace be upon him) to whom the Qur’ân was revealed. The Qur’ân and the Sunnah are intrinsically linked. First of all, the Prophet (peace be upon him) on a number of occasions explained the Qur’ân. He explained the meaning of many verses. Also, through his actions, he demonstrated how many verses of the Qur’ân could be practically applied in our lives. Allah says: “Indeed, Allah conferred a great favor on the believers when He sent among them a Messenger from among themselves, reciting to them His signs and purifying them and instructing them in the Book and the Wisdom.” Allah calls the Prophet (peace be upon him) the best example: “You have in Allah’s Messenger an excellent example of conduct for those who put their hopes in Allah and the Last Day and remember Allah often.” Secondly, verses were revealed under different circumstances and in different contexts. Only by studying the Sunnah and the biography of our Prophet (peace be upon him) can we gain the valuable insights from the context of the revelation of different verses. Thirdly, some verses abrogate the rulings of others. This is clearly and unambiguously stated in the Qur’ân. Allah says: “What we abrogate of the verses or cause to be forgotten, we come with what is better or similar to it. Do you not know that Allah is capable of all things?” Since the verses are not presented in the Qur’ân in chronological order, it is vital to know which verses were revealed first and which came later, so we can determine which rulings abrogate which. It is well and good to understand a verse, but if we act upon it not realizing that its ruling has been abrogated, then we are making a mistake. We can only get this information from the Sunnah. Understanding of the Arabic language and the Sunnah are two of the many important prerequisites to an in-depth and accurate knowledge of the Qur’ân. We also need knowledge of the views and understandings of the Companions who actually were there at the time of the revelation and those of their students among the Successors. When we look at a good commentary of the Qur’ân, what do we find? We find discussions of the language of the verses, including the meanings of the words and the meanings of the sentences. We find statements of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and of His Companions. We find discussions of Islamic Law issues that the verses indicate. Therefore, reading good commentaries like that of Ibn Kathîr, and asking knowledgable scholars of Qur'anic commentary, allow us to get a deeper understanding of the Qur’ân.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Tafseer is not required to understand the Quran, but it is good and beneficial to know the different ways the scholars understood the verses. Arabic is the only requirement to understand the Quran and that is something everybody can learn, and IMHO every Muslim should learn.

Assalamua'laykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Akhi Ayman,

While yes, it is true that Arabic language is the most important requirement to understand the Quran, but it doesnt mean anyone who may have a broad and wide knowledge in Arabic will understand the Quran 100%. Of course we wont since Prophet Muhammad sallallahu a'laihi wa salam and the sahaabah understand Al-Quran the best.

Besides, those who may have only learned Arabic at some point in their life and when they do have a strong grasp in that language, I dont think they will have the eligibility to immediately intepret the Quran based on their understanding in Arabic language solely, do you? They'll need deep knowledge in various fields too. Don't you think it will actually caused fitnah if people learn Arabic because they want to understand the Quran (OK fine, that is acceptable) but then making their very own tafseer just because "Tafseer is not required to understand the Quran"?

Honestly, your sentence can actually caused someone to misunderstood your statement. InshaAllaah I do understand your point, but if someone happens to be quite new to Islam and see your sentence - "Tafseer is not required to understand the Quran, but it is good and beneficial to know the different ways the scholars understood the verses" and then that person actually didnt even consider to refer to the tafseer, what's going to happen?

Moreover, tafseer is needed to have a better understanding of the Quran.

Please take note: I'm not here to debate or something, just want to make a few things clear.

Waa'alaykummusalam wa rahmatullah.

Simple. The verse says "If they watch out for God and have faith in Him." This cannot be done by violating His commands,
"O you who have believed! Verily, intoxicants, effortless gain (gambling), [sacrificing on] stone alters [to other than God], and divining arrows are but defilement from the work of Satan, so avoid it that you may prosper." (5:90)
And
"Say, "I do not find within that which was revealed to me [anything] forbidden to one who would eat it unless it be a dead animal or blood spilled out or the flesh of swine - for indeed, it is impure - or it be [that slaughtered in] disobedience, dedicated to other than God. But whoever is forced [by necessity], neither desiring [it] nor transgressing [its limit], then indeed, your Lord is Forgiving and Merciful." (6:145)

The first unambiguously prohibits alcohol and the second unambiguously prohibits pork. That wasn't too hard, was it?

spin all you want Ayman, but this is Allah's dean, not debate issue. There may be a difference of opinion but one should not exclude a very important study.

you didn't answer the question all you did is present another fact we could gone on for a lifetime posting facts.

what I asked you is about that ayah.

but let's take what you quoted:

"Say, "I do not find within that which was revealed to me [anything] forbidden to one who would eat it unless it be a dead animal or blood spilled out or the flesh of swine - for indeed, it is impure - or it be [that slaughtered in] disobedience, dedicated to other than God. But whoever is forced [by necessity], neither desiring [it] nor transgressing [its limit], then indeed, your Lord is Forgiving and Merciful." (6:145)

According to you, I, a muslim, can go ahead and eat a dog or lion? as the ayah explains only three type of food that are prohibited.

not to mention you avoided my previous question about this Ayah:

There is not upon those who believe and do righteousness [any] blame concerning what they have eaten [in the past] if they [now] fear Allah and believe and do righteous deeds, and then fear Allah and believe, and then fear Allah and do good; and Allah loves the doers of good. [5:93]

one ayah says don't drink intoxicants while another ayah says it is no blame. Can you recitify these ayat. Which one to use as evidence or understanding.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua'laykum wa rahmatullah,

It would be best if we apply the concept of patience, try to listen first (seek first to understand the other) and then KINDLY give out our statement/facts/questions. InshaAllaah that way, it wont turn into a heated unnecessary argument which wont bring benefit to either side of the party.

I always remind myself that this is not at all about winning but this is about Allah's deen we're talking about and our responsibility to correct misunderstanding and convey the truth with Al-Hikmah.

* This should be a reminder for myself first and foremost, then to others secondly. InshaAllaah.

Wassalam.

rightpath_357

Salam

SISTERS *AYMAN1* AND *MUSLIMDA3EE* - cool downnnn! :cool:

Take a deep breath- inhale, exhale- ahhh ;)

there we go :D Remember, this site is for DISCUSSIONS, not DEBATES- and if it does turn into a debate, it should be a freindly one :)

You guyzzz- I think we should remember that this friend might not be Muslim- and not listening to him/her won't do any good. Sometimes it's worthy to listen to people question Islam- because trying to find the answers to their questions will put you in depth with the Qur'an and teach you new things as well as refresh your Faith. :)

Sis * Aisya al-Humaira*- i agree with you completly ;)

I can't say I'm a specailist on the Qur'an myself, I'm still reading through it and trying to store the understandings into my memory....

But I can answer the third question. :)

It's true, ahadeeth aren't words of Allah, they are the words of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), and some may have been changed. But ahadeeth are not our guidelines that we must follow, they're more like extra information and Sunnat that we can heed if it matches the preaching of Islam.

Some ahadeeth unfortunatley HAS been changed, but scholars have noticed that and corrected it. ;)

Hope this helps.

Salam :D

adanshai

There is a series problem here when people say that they don't need Hadith to understand the Quran - this is nonsense without any doubt , some brothers have eleborated with regard to this subject in depth - may I point out the people who follow the Quran and not Sunnah of the Prophet (may Allah peace and blessing be upon him) are not new - these are deviant groups and are known as 'Quranites' or 'Quranite'. Very dangerous subject if someone says they only want to follow the Quran and not the Sunnah - if they are doing that - they are not following the Quran as already mentioned above - moreover if any human being says he has understood the Quran completly - which is impossible - Quran is a very very concentrated Book condsensed in just few hundred pages.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
It's true, ahadeeth aren't words of Allah, they are the words of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), and some may have been changed. But ahadeeth are not our guidelines that we must follow, they're more like extra information and Sunnat that we can heed if it matches the preaching of Islam.

Some ahadeeth unfortunatley HAS been changed, but scholars have noticed that and corrected it. ;)

Hope this helps.

:wasalam: respected little sister,

It seems like the information you have about Hadeeth is not correct or perhaps you still have to deliberate a bit more to grasp the concept completely.

The methodology of Ahl Us Sunnah Wal Jama'a is quite to the contrary. You might want to revisit these below threads and learn something new. :)

The path of the saved sect

The science of Hadeeth

Why follow the sunnah ?

The Necessity of adhering to the Sunnah

You can also visit this beautiful subsection of the web forum and learn a lot more.

Articles about hadeeth

May Allah subhaanaho waa ta'ala grant us an understanding of His deen and increase us much in knowledge. Ameen ya Rabb ul alameen

Take care sister. :SMILY259: Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

arzafar

i think hadeeth is not that important in understanding Quran. Usually the context clarifies everything. If not then another verse elsewhere in the Quran will. Then you must understand the Arabic language to try and weigh up the various different meanings. Only after that do you need a hadith to clarify a particular ayah.

On the other hand, any hadith that goes against the quran is fabricated.

There is a series problem here when people say that they don't need Hadith to understand the Quran - this is nonsense without any doubt , some brothers have eleborated with regard to this subject in depth - may I point out the people who follow the Quran and not Sunnah of the Prophet (may Allah peace and blessing be upon him) are not new - these are deviant groups and are known as 'Quranites' or 'Quranite'. Very dangerous subject if someone says they only want to follow the Quran and not the Sunnah - if they are doing that - they are not following the Quran as already mentioned above - moreover if any human being says he has understood the Quran completly - which is impossible - Quran is a very very concentrated Book condsensed in just few hundred pages.

this is why I decided to comment the way I did.

:jazaak:

What really concern me is when someone who spends a lot of time on the forum, and answers people much of the time with proper knowledge and wisdom, comes and throws a curve ball. This is the most dangerous act. As people will accept the person's words because they are used to correct view on things.

There wouldn't of never been a discussion, had the proper ayah been used:

[Saheeh_International] O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you. And if you disagree over anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is the best [way] and best in result.[4:59]

now how would this in red be completely accomplished without hadeeth?

wa Allah ya'lam

I am done with posting for a while. just takes to much time and in the end, not benefit is really achieved.

rightpath_357

JazakAllah Khayran *BrotherinIslam7* I've read some of that and saved them :)

But I think you've misunderstood me- or maybe I didn't make it clear- :lol:

Yeah- I probably didn't make it clear enough :p

What I meant was that Ahadeeth are important, but are not the exact words of God- so for some, we might not know if they're correct or not. We SHOULD follow them, as our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) told us to, but if something doesn't seem right, we can proof it with the Holy Qur'ans information...

Like- lets say that a Hadeeth told us to only make our Eid sacrifices after Salat-ul-Eid, but in the Qur'an, it says different ( the sacrifice will only be accepted as Zakat if it's made before Salat-ul- Eid) then we can correct that Hadeeth.

Hopes this clears it up. :)