Quran Quran changes hearts:

a_stranger

Reading Quran with a heart make all the being around us signs and favors from our one creator :Allah that change our hearts from the state of ignorance and ingratitude to a state of knowledge and gratitude . All we need is pondering in that blessed book.

a_stranger

Dear Carid : I shall quote some verses from Translation of meanings of Quran hoping that it make things more clear :

15. O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Now has come to you Our Messenger (Muhammad
saws.gif
) explaining to you much of that which you used to hide from the Scripture and passing over (i.e. leaving out without explaining) much. Indeed, there has come to you from Allah a light (Prophet Muhammad
saws.gif
) and a plain Book (this Qur'an).

16. Wherewith Allah guides all those who seek His Good Pleasure to ways of peace, and He brings them out of darkness by His Will unto light and guides them to a Straight Way (Islamic Monotheism).

17. Surely, in disbelief are they who say that Allah is the Messiah, son of Maryam (Mary) . Say (O Muhammad
saws.gif
): "Who then has the least power against Allah, if He were to destroy the Messiah, son of Maryam (Mary), his mother, and all those who are on the earth together?" And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them. He creates what He wills. And Allah is Able to do all things.
Quran chap.5

a_stranger

44. Verily, We did send down the Taurat (Torah) [to Musa (Moses)], therein was guidance and light, by which the Prophets, who submitted themselves to Allah's Will, judged the Jews. And the rabbis and the priests [too judged the Jews by the Taurat (Torah) after those Prophets] for to them was entrusted the protection of Allah's Book, and they were witnesses thereto. Therefore fear not men but fear Me (O Jews) and sell not My Verses for a miserable price. And whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed, such are the Kafirun (i.e. disbelievers - of a lesser degree as they do not act on Allah's Laws ).

45. And We ordained therein for them: "Life for life , eye for eye, nose for nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if anyone remits the retaliation by way of charity, it shall be for him an expiation. And whosoever does not judge by that which Allah has revealed, such are the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers - of a lesser degree).

46. And in their footsteps, We sent 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) , confirming the Taurat (Torah) that had come before him, and We gave him the Injeel (Gospel), in which was guidance and light and confirmation of the Taurat (Torah) that had come before it, a guidance and an admonition for Al-Muttaqun (the pious - see V.2:2).

47. Let the people of the Injeel (Gospel) judge by what Allah has revealed therein. And whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed (then) such (people) are the Fasiqun (the rebellious i.e. disobedient (of a lesser degree) to Allah.

48. And We have sent down to you (O Muhammad ) the Book (this Qur'an) in truth, confirming the Scripture that came before it and Mohayminan (trustworthy in highness and a witness) over it (old Scriptures) . So judge between them by what Allah has revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging away from the truth that has come to you. To each among you, We have prescribed a law and a clear way. If Allah willed, He would have made you one nation, but that (He) may test you in what He has given you; so strive as in a race in good deeds. The return of you (all) is to Allah; then He will inform you about that in which you used to differ.
Chap 5

a_stranger

72. Surely, they have disbelieved who say: "Allah is the Messiah ['Iesa (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary)." But the Messiah ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: "O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with Allah, then Allah has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode . And for the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers) there are no helpers.

73. Surely, disbelievers are those who said: "Allah is the third of the three (in a Trinity)." But there is no ilah (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilah (God -Allah). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall the disbelievers among them.

74. Will they not repent to Allah and ask His Forgiveness? For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

75. The Messiah ['Iesa (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary), was no more than a Messenger; many were the Messengers that passed away before him. His mother [Maryam (Mary)] was a Siddiqah [i.e. she believed in the words of Allah and His Books (see Verse 66:12)]. They both used to eat food (as any other human being, while Allah does not eat). Look how We make the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to them, yet look how they are deluded away (from the truth).

76. Say (O Muhammad to mankind): "How do you worship besides Allah something which has no power either to harm or to benefit you? But it is Allah Who is the All-Hearer, All-Knower."

77. Say (O Muhammad ): "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Exceed not the limits in your religion (by believing in something) other than the truth, and do not follow the vain desires of people who went astray in times gone by, and who misled many, and strayed (themselves) from the Right Path."

Chap 5

a_stranger

In the Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, Most Merciful
1. Say (O Muhammad ()): "He is Allah, (the) One.

2. "Allah-us-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks).

3. "He begets not, nor was He begotten;

4. "And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him."
Chap 112

Cariad

Dear Carid : I shall quote some verses from Translation of meanings of Quran hoping that it make things more clear :

15. O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Now has come to you Our Messenger (Muhammad
saws.gif
) explaining to you much of that which you used to hide from the Scripture and passing over (i.e. leaving out without explaining) much. Indeed, there has come to you from Allah a light (Prophet Muhammad
saws.gif
) and a plain Book (this Qur'an).

16. Wherewith Allah guides all those who seek His Good Pleasure to ways of peace, and He brings them out of darkness by His Will unto light and guides them to a Straight Way (Islamic Monotheism).

17. Surely, in disbelief are they who say that Allah is the Messiah, son of Maryam (Mary) . Say (O Muhammad
saws.gif
): "Who then has the least power against Allah, if He were to destroy the Messiah, son of Maryam (Mary), his mother, and all those who are on the earth together?" And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them. He creates what He wills. And Allah is Able to do all things.
Quran chap.5
Dear A_stranger, I thank you for your explanations and your always kind and polite manner and also patience with explaining to me. I wish you to understand that I can so easy accept that this is your belief but I also hope that you will understand the difficulties I have with making them mine instead of being a christian and believing what Yeshua taught.

I bolded some points I have the problem and I shall explain why I find it difficult to see it applies to christians.

1. What was hidden? Or left out or not explaining to the people? Because the OT scripture was in its complete form we have today many centuries before Islam, manuscript evidence supports this.

2. Jews and Christians always worshipped God alone as ONE God which is monotheism. So were already in the light, Pagans were idolaters and were in the dark.

3. If this is directed at Christians it is mistaken. Christian teaching has never claimed that God the Father is Yeshua. In the Qur'an Yeshua creates life in birds from clay. Christians know where this story originates from. Not scripture. The Bible says God does not share His power of Creation with another.. That is all creation.. God alone creates by power of His word. It appears to christians that this story in the Qur'an gives Yeshua the power of creation that we believe belongs to God alone. Of course we believe that Yeshua as the Word IS the power of God that brings creation into being. So in a way the Qur'an confirms this position while denying the deity of Gods word Yeshua. For me this is contradictory. We know for sure that God can do all things, yet you limit God by saying God cannot send His word into the world among mankind if that suits His most Holy plan for us.

Hope you understand my points. Or even can clarify as possibly I read it wrong.

Cariad

44. Verily, We did send down the Taurat (Torah) [to Musa (Moses)], therein was guidance and light, by which the Prophets, who submitted themselves to Allah's Will, judged the Jews. And the rabbis and the priests [too judged the Jews by the Taurat (Torah) after those Prophets] for to them was entrusted the protection of Allah's Book, and they were witnesses thereto. Therefore fear not men but fear Me (O Jews) and sell not My Verses for a miserable price. And whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed, such are the Kafirun (i.e. disbelievers - of a lesser degree as they do not act on Allah's Laws ).

45. And We ordained therein for them: "Life for life , eye for eye, nose for nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if anyone remits the retaliation by way of charity, it shall be for him an expiation. And whosoever does not judge by that which Allah has revealed, such are the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers - of a lesser degree).

46. And in their footsteps, We sent 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) , confirming the Taurat (Torah) that had come before him, and We gave him the Injeel (Gospel), in which was guidance and light and confirmation of the Taurat (Torah) that had come before it, a guidance and an admonition for Al-Muttaqun (the pious - see V.2:2).

47. Let the people of the Injeel (Gospel) judge by what Allah has revealed therein. And whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed (then) such (people) are the Fasiqun (the rebellious i.e. disobedient (of a lesser degree) to Allah.

48. And We have sent down to you (O Muhammad ) the Book (this Qur'an) in truth, confirming the Scripture that came before it and Mohayminan (trustworthy in highness and a witness) over it (old Scriptures) . So judge between them by what Allah has revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging away from the truth that has come to you. To each among you, We have prescribed a law and a clear way. If Allah willed, He would have made you one nation, but that (He) may test you in what He has given you; so strive as in a race in good deeds. The return of you (all) is to Allah; then He will inform you about that in which you used to differ.
Chap 5

1. The Jews always taught and observed the Torah Law. Some Jews sold their own interpretations of the law, this is found in the warnings of Prophet Jeremiah in the Bible. It does not mean that the Jews changed all the Torah. The Torah was and is in its original state. There had to be an original unchanged text to compare what was changed by these scribes mentioned by Jeremiah. Also God later in the Bible tells people to look to the Torah, so the Torah must have existed in its original state because God would not tell people to look to a corrupted Torah for guidance.

2. Yeshua did not confirm the Torah, He fulfilled it. Yeshua was not given a Injil or Gospel. He WAS the Injil or Gospel. Gospel means Good News, and that is what Yeshua is and what scripture and the prophets claimed for Him. True, the Torah was a guidance but by fulfilling it Yeshua is the Light. Yeshua never wrote anything, He is the message not the messenger so the message does not write of itself but others are charged with the writing of it. Yeshua gave this task to the disciples to take the Gospel to the world. They did that and it is found in the NT.

3. The Qur'an does not confirm the previous scriptures. It's different message. So, if I believe the Qur'an message then I have to disregard the teachings of Yeshua in the Bible. I hope you see how this is a hard thing for me as a christian to do. Yeshua told me He IS the way, He IS the truth and He IS the life everlasting. The seven I AM statements Yeshua made about Himself don't leave much room for doubt in Him.

Cariad

In the Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, Most Merciful
1. Say (O Muhammad ()): "He is Allah, (the) One.

2. "Allah-us-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks).

3. "He begets not, nor was He begotten;

4. "And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him."
Chap 112
All this is what we believe of God YHWH of the Bible. I don't understand why this is reinforced in the Qur'an, unless it was meant for pagans who knew nothing of God. If as it starts.. It is asking that Muhammed should say this to the people, like give this message to the people. Then logically who was Muhammed directing His message to? Not Jews and Christians who already knew, loved and worshipped God alone, but to pagans of Arabia who were in the darkness of polytheism. That makes sense to me and Muhammed was very successful with the pagans, bringing them to God. This success I think shows who this message was meant for. Primarily a prophet for his time and to his people, like certain Bible prophets. But for me it seems that everything points to Yeshua as the light that leads to God.

Cariad

With regards
I thank you kindly. I so hope my replies and points raised do not offend you or others. I am sure you would not accept something so important and crucial on face value if it did not answer ones concerns on the deepest level. So I cannot do likewise. Of course I don't expect you to see as I do but I do hope that you can understand my thinking a little better. I always think if we understand each other better it makes for a better world.

I would like to end by wishing you a very Happy Eid and hope you have had a blessed Ramadan and you have found your closeness and love for God made stronger.

God bless and keep you. :)

a_stranger

Thank you dear Cariad for your kind words actually I learned a lot from your politeness and kindness ( I am still learning ):
You said :
In the Qur'an Yeshua creates life in birds from clay. Christians know where this story originates from. Not scripture. The Bible says God does not share His power of Creation with another.. That is all creation.. God alone creates by power of His word. It appears to christians that this story in the Qur'an gives Yeshua the power of creation that we believe belongs to God alone. Of course we believe that Yeshua as the Word IS the power of God that brings creation into being. So in a way the Qur'an confirms this position while denying the deity of Gods word Yeshua. For me this is contradictory.

I shall quote 3 verses from Quran to make myself more clear :
49. And will make him ['Iesa (Jesus)] a Messenger to the Children of Israel (saying): "I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I design for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's Leave; and I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I bring the dead to life by Allah's Leave. And I inform you of what you eat, and what you store in your houses. Surely, therein is a sign for you, if you believe.

50. And I have come confirming that which was before me of the Taurat (Torah), and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you, and I have come to you with a proof from your Lord. So fear Allah and obey me.

51. Truly! Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him (Alone). This is the Straight Path.
Surat Al Imran

If you read the verses it shows clearly that what prophets do is only by God's Leave. Just like:

17. "And what is that in your right hand, O Musa (Moses)?"

18. He said: "This is my stick, whereon I lean, and wherewith I beat down branches for my sheep, and wherein I find other uses."

19. (Allah) said: "Cast it down, O Musa (Moses)!"

20. He cast it down, and behold! It was a snake, moving quickly.

21. Allah said:"Grasp it, and fear not, We shall return it to its former state,

22. "And press your (right) hand to your (left) side, it will come forth white (and shining), without any disease as another sign,

23. "That We may show you (some) of Our Greater Signs.
Surat Ta Ha

All what the prophet did was by the leave and power of the one true God.

Quran is a book that tells that all this being is going on by the power and will of the one true creator, no one can do anything without his leave.

With regards

a_stranger

Another verse in Quran in Surat AlMaeda states clearly that what prophet Issa did was by Allah (God) 's permission:

110. (Remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection). "O 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Remember My Favour to you and to your mother when I supported you with Ruh-ul-Qudus [Jibrael (Gabriel)] so that you spoke to the people in the cradle and in maturity; and when I taught you writing, Al-Hikmah (the power of understanding), the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel); and when you made out of the clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My Permission, and you breathed into it, and it became a bird by My Permission, and you healed those born blind, and the lepers by My Permission, and when you brought forth the dead by My Permission; and when I restrained the Children of Israel from you (when they resolved to kill you) since you came unto them with clear proofs, and the disbelievers among them said: 'This is nothing but evident magic.' "

a_stranger

I thank you kindly. I so hope my replies and points raised do not offend you or others. I am sure you would not accept something so important and crucial on face value if it did not answer ones concerns on the deepest level. So I cannot do likewise. Of course I don't expect you to see as I do but I do hope that you can understand my thinking a little better. I always think if we understand each other better it makes for a better world.

I would like to end by wishing you a very Happy Eid and hope you have had a blessed Ramadan and you have found your closeness and love for God made stronger.

God bless and keep you. :)
Again I thank you very much for your kindness and good wishes , and Aaamen for me and you .

a_stranger

Dear Cariad I like to ask you a question:
To whom we humans should pray , to whom we should direct our hearts with sincerity in our prayers ?? Prayers are a matter of heart , before we pray we should know to whom we are praying ?? Who do you think is responding to our prayers??This is very important topic in Islam . I have to know exactly my lord and direct my heart while praying to my one and only creator otherwise my prayers will be vain.

Cariad

Thank you dear Cariad for your kind words actually I learned a lot from your politeness and kindness ( I am still learning ):
You said :
In the Qur'an Yeshua creates life in birds from clay. Christians know where this story originates from. Not scripture. The Bible says God does not share His power of Creation with another.. That is all creation.. God alone creates by power of His word. It appears to christians that this story in the Qur'an gives Yeshua the power of creation that we believe belongs to God alone. Of course we believe that Yeshua as the Word IS the power of God that brings creation into being. So in a way the Qur'an confirms this position while denying the deity of Gods word Yeshua. For me this is contradictory.

I shall quote 3 verses from Quran to make myself more clear :
49. And will make him ['Iesa (Jesus)] a Messenger to the Children of Israel (saying): "I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I design for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's Leave; and I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I bring the dead to life by Allah's Leave. And I inform you of what you eat, and what you store in your houses. Surely, therein is a sign for you, if you believe.

50. And I have come confirming that which was before me of the Taurat (Torah), and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you, and I have come to you with a proof from your Lord. So fear Allah and obey me.

51. Truly! Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him (Alone). This is the Straight Path.
Surat Al Imran

If you read the verses it shows clearly that what prophets do is only by God's Leave. Just like:

17. "And what is that in your right hand, O Musa (Moses)?"

18. He said: "This is my stick, whereon I lean, and wherewith I beat down branches for my sheep, and wherein I find other uses."

19. (Allah) said: "Cast it down, O Musa (Moses)!"

20. He cast it down, and behold! It was a snake, moving quickly.

21. Allah said:"Grasp it, and fear not, We shall return it to its former state,

22. "And press your (right) hand to your (left) side, it will come forth white (and shining), without any disease as another sign,

23. "That We may show you (some) of Our Greater Signs.
Surat Ta Ha

All what the prophet did was by the leave and power of the one true God.

Quran is a book that tells that all this being is going on by the power and will of the one true creator, no one can do anything without his leave.

With regards
I see what you say, but you miss the point. The issue I have is not with people doing something .. like a miracle by Gods leave. That is true, not all prophets were given the ability to perform miracles and of course not all "miracles" are from God. But nothing happens that is not according to Gods will. Yet, for christians God in the Bible states clearly that He does NOT share His power, to Him alone is the power and the glory. All creation reflects the glory of God and it is this we don't see God will share with another. To do so diminishes God. The creation of life .. Which breathing life into clay birds.. Or into man. Is what it is.. Creation. There can only be ONE creator and that is God.

Another point, the Bible shows all miracles serve a purpose, as God has a purpose always. Moses and other prophets controlled nature..if it suited Gods purpose. As you rightly say by Gods grace. What purpose would God show in allowing man to create life? Something that mankind had always understood had been solely the remit of God our creator. For someone who is able to create as God creates there surely is a danger that person is thought to be worthy to be worshipped, and in doing so takes glory meant for God. I do not understand why God would allow such a thing.

Cariad

Another verse in Quran in Surat AlMaeda states clearly that what prophet Issa did was by Allah (God) 's permission:

110. (Remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection). "O 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Remember My Favour to you and to your mother when I supported you with Ruh-ul-Qudus [Jibrael (Gabriel)] so that you spoke to the people in the cradle and in maturity; and when I taught you writing, Al-Hikmah (the power of understanding), the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel); and when you made out of the clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My Permission, and you breathed into it, and it became a bird by My Permission, and you healed those born blind, and the lepers by My Permission, and when you brought forth the dead by My Permission; and when I restrained the Children of Israel from you (when they resolved to kill you) since you came unto them with clear proofs, and the disbelievers among them said: 'This is nothing but evident magic.' "

But again the Yeshua talking in the cradle was not in previous scripture... And this fact causes doubt for many. There is a big difference between what Yeshua claimed and what other prophets claimed for themselves. The prophets always knew God worked through them, Yeshua claimed to be acting by His own authority. To better understand see the seven I AM statements Yeshua made. Of course, you can see them in any way you wish to and infer something quite different from their meaning. Yet, we must also understand how these statements were seen by those at the time of Yeshua who heard them for the first time. The result from many Jews at the time was horror, to the extent of accusing Yeshua of blaspheming and wishing Him dead. They understood the implications of these claims much as christians do so today, but for us it's not with a sense of horror but with wonderment and awe.

1. The Bread Of Life
Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty. (John 6:35)

2. The Light Of The World
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”(John 8:12)

3. The Gate
I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture. (John 10:9)

4. The Good Shepherd
“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.”(John 10:11)

5. The Resurrection And The Life
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.”(John 11:25-26)

6. The Way, The Truth, And The Life
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)

7. The Vine
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” (John 15:5)

Cariad

Dear Cariad I like to ask you a question:
To whom we humans should pray , to whom we should direct our hearts with sincerity in our prayers ?? Prayers are a matter of heart , before we pray we should know to whom we are praying ?? Who do you think is responding to our prayers??This is very important topic in Islam . I have to know exactly my lord and direct my heart while praying to my one and only creator otherwise my prayers will be vain.

To God of course, there can be no doubt that our prayers are directed to God. God is our creator and ONLY God is worthy of worship. What are we without God? Why nothing at all.. :) and yes..they must be in truth and sincerity. This is also the utmost importance in christianity. Like you I have to know exactly to whom my soul belongs and to whom it shall return.

God bless you.

a_stranger

I see what you say, but you miss the point. The issue I have is not with people doing something .. like a miracle by Gods leave. That is true, not all prophets were given the ability to perform miracles and of course not all "miracles" are from God. But nothing happens that is not according to Gods will. Yet, for christians God in the Bible states clearly that He does NOT share His power, to Him alone is the power and the glory. All creation reflects the glory of God and it is this we don't see God will share with another. To do so diminishes God. The creation of life .. Which breathing life into clay birds.. Or into man. Is what it is.. Creation. There can only be ONE creator and that is God.

Another point, the Bible shows all miracles serve a purpose, as God has a purpose always. Moses and other prophets controlled nature..if it suited Gods purpose. As you rightly say by Gods grace. What purpose would God show in allowing man to create life? Something that mankind had always understood had been solely the remit of God our creator. For someone who is able to create as God creates there surely is a danger that person is thought to be worthy to be worshipped, and in doing so takes glory meant for God. I do not understand why God would allow such a thing.
Quran leaves no doubt that Allah :the one true God is the one and only creator:

96. "While Allah has created you and what you make!"
Surat Al Saffat.

62. Allah(the one true God) is the Creator of all things, and He is the Wakil (Trustee, Disposer of affairs, Guardian, etc.) over all things.

63. To Him belong the keys of the heavens and the earth. And those who disbelieve in the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah, such are they who will be the losers.

64. Say (O Muhammad
saws.gif
to the polytheists, etc.): "Do you order me to worship other than Allah O you fools ?"
Surat Al Zumer

h), Who created you and those who were before you so that you may become Al-Muttaqun (the pious - see V.2:2).
Surat Al Bakarah

Allah (God) bless you.

a_stranger

Why prophet Issa (Jesus) peace be upon him was given those miracles??

At the time of prophet Issa peace be upon him medicine has been developed and they had many brilliant doctors. Allah most glorified gave Issa peace be upon him miracles of giving life and healing the blind to show people the work of Allah which no man can do whatever knowledge and skills he owned. He showed them a clear bright miracles that he was send by Allah ;God.