QURAN MEMORIZATION THREAD - Anyone Interested??

nobbyv

Abu Maryam
Assalamualaikum dear brothers and sisters,

WHY DON’T WE START A QURAN MEMORIZATION THREAD?

Step 1: Decide on a specific surah
Step 2: Target of 1 ayat a day. One of us posts the ayat, the translation and English transliteration. Every day we make sure we memorize the ayat
Step 3: Intermediate check on the status of all participating members
Step 4: Complete the Surah and start with the next one.

Any suggestions / ideas are welcome.
InshaAllah, let us make this a sincere effort to learn the Book of Allah.

Walaikum-assalam

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

I would agree with you that having an aim and a set time makes it easier, but I am not sure how successful it would be memorising via online learning. It would be quite encouraging though. Indeed, it is a great effort to learn the Glorious and Divine Book of Allah (SWT).

May Allah (SWT) reward you for your intentions Insha Allah. Aameen.

Assalamualaikum

*FatimaFilsan*

:salam2:
I am interested, it sounds like a great idea. I for one need the encouragement I can get from learning the Quran with a group of muslim brothers and sisters. Insha Allah let us know when you plan to start it.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

I like this idea as well.:) But do you think 1 ayat a day is a little to much? maybe 1 ayat every couple of days so we can memorize it and keep it? Because I will want to learn it in Arabic and english and to do it in one day might be a little difficult. Just a suggestion not that we have to do it that way.

Salam Amirah80

nori suja'i

wa'alaikum salam bros & sis
the suggestion is good, anyway ...
the 1st step before we learn how to memorise the surah, we must learn the du'as which can make ourselves easy to understand, to memorise and to remember the knowledge we learn (some du'as stated in AlQur'an n some from Hadith Rsulullah s.a.w) . but thru' my knowledge to learn AlQur'an or anything about Islam religion we must have our own qualified 'guru' so that we can answer in akhirah when the angel ask "who's your teacher".
2ndly shaitaan at anytime will interfere by putting some error message that we think is correct and continue doing the same mistake with ignorance if without teacher.

These are some of the du'as to share with sis & bros:

1) Robbi zidnee 3lmaan warrzuknee fahmaan
(Oh Allah, pls multiply my knowledge n make me
understand it in the best way).

2) Allah hoomma laa sahla illaa maa ja'3ltahoo sahlan
wa anta taj3lool hazna 3ng sheekta sahlaan
(Oh Allah there's nothing simple without u make it as
simple. U're the one Who make dificult things become
simple).

3) Robbishroh lee sodree wayasseer lee amree wahlool
ooqdatarn meeng leesaanee yaffqahoo qawlee.
(Oh Allah pls open my heart, make it easy on whatever
i do n avoid the stiffness of my tounge so that it's easy
for other ppl to understand my words).

i also want to share du'as from sis & bros if u have - as Muslim let our life be filled with AlQur'an & Hadith, ameen.

Wassalaam.

nobbyv

Abu Maryam

maybe 1 ayat every couple of days so we can memorize it and keep it? Because I will want to learn it in Arabic and english and to do it in one day might be a little difficult.

Walaikum assalam,

OK, that sounds like a good suggestion... Shall we make 1 Ayat in 2 days - Longer than 2 days might not be wise

Anymore suggestions??

For those who haven't really understood how this works...here is an example

We choose an ayat and post the arabic, english meaning and english transliteration. After 2 days, we post the next ayat...

ا
قْرَأْ بِاسْمِ رَبِّكَ الَّذِي خَلَقَ

Proclaim! (or read!) in the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created-

Aqra' Biāsmi Rabbika Al-Ladhī Khalaqa

Any more suggestions are welcome - InshaAllah, lets get this going soon...

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
Walaikum assalam,

OK, that sounds like a good suggestion... Shall we make 1 Ayat in 2 days - Longer than 2 days might not be wise

Anymore suggestions??

For those who haven't really understood how this works...here is an example

We choose an ayat and post the arabic, english meaning and english transliteration. After 2 days, we post the next ayat...

ا
قْرَأْ بِاسْمِ رَبِّكَ الَّذِي خَلَقَ

Proclaim! (or read!) in the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created-

Aqra' Biāsmi Rabbika Al-Ladhī Khalaqa

Any more suggestions are welcome - InshaAllah, lets get this going soon...

Salam Alaikum

Thank you sounds great!!

Salam Amirah80

nobbyv

Abu Maryam
Assalamualaikum brothers & sisters,

InshaAllah, we are getting ready to start the Quran Memorization Thread. Given below is our plan:

1) Choose a Surah (2 days for suggestion and confirmation )
2) Open Post for people who are interested (2 days; interested people can join later)
3) Ayat is posted in Arabic, English meaning and transliteration (2 days for memorization - If 2 days is too long, we will change gradually...but to start, we will have 2 days per ayat)
4) Next Ayat posted after 2 days
5) Weekend for review

Brothers & sisters, your valuable suggestions are welcome...

InshaAllah, this will help motivate us to memorize the Book of Allah.

Walaikum assalam