Qurans to Prisons

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
In The Name of Allah, The beneficent, The Most Mericful

Salaam Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barkahathu

Inshallah, my post will find everyone who reads it in good health and strong faith.
Recently, I have come very aware of the much needed support that both brothers and sisters are needing in the prison system in America. Unlike our brothers of the book (the christians) who have a lot of support from the Government and also million dollar charities, the muslims in jails are struggling to get basic literature such as the Quran. my Husband and I are trying to start a non-profit organization that will assist our sisters and brothers in prisons. InshAllah we are both new this type of charity work but very dedicated to the cause. Since we both reside in Maryland, our focus is the Maryland and DC prisons but InshAllah by end of 2010 we are hoping to reach to Virginia and Pennsylvania.

I am not here to ask for money but only information, support and maybe Qurans or other literature. I can not post my address, on this site but if you want to support please 'pm" and I can send you more information. Also by 2012 we are hoping to stretch the entire east coast if not to mid-west.

We are not an official non-profit but I am gathering information on how to become one.

Our need right now is information and mabye qurans and other free literature.

I have already found one organization willing to donate 50 Qurans, Alhamduillah but we need more Qurans in the later future.

So please, "Pm" for further information

Wa Alaikum salaam

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
Wa'aleykum salaam warahmatullah,

I pray that this becomes a success inshaallah, unfortunately i cant personaly help much as i would like to, but i think this is a great idea!

Why dont you get intouch with the Saudi Embasy in the US,i'm sure they'd be able to help with literature or point you to where you can easily access them? or the UAE?