racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually a saudi man can marry a non saudi woman but a saudi woman cant marry a non saudi man....im pretty sure on that statement

q8penpals

Salam

It is the same as in Kuwait....a man can marry whomever and there is no problem. The children of a Kuwaiti man will be Kuwaiti - that means, they are eligible for social allowance, free public school, free medical care, free college, amiri grants, and other "gifts" from the government.

If a Kuwaiti woman marries a non-Kuwaiti (which happens VERY RARELY in Kuwait), her children are the nationality of their father - ie, NO social programs will be available to her children.

What that usually means, is that families of Kuwaiti women tell them they can only marry Kuwaiti men, or if not a Kuwaiti man, an extremely RICH man.

So technically, they CAN marry anyone, but due to their devotion to money, they generally can't marry just anyone and live to the style they wish to maintain.

wow that means they do it due to the love of money and not because of racism?.....its a good thing the western media didnt get a hold of this story , they would have gone around saying Islam opresses women and this and that

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
actually a saudi man can marry a non saudi woman but a saudi woman cant marry a non saudi man....im pretty sure on that statement

:salam2:

Well that would make sense that if the saudi woman marries a saudi man, the husband would take care that she still follows the rules & etiquettes that she was following before marriage like hijab, no intermingling with men etc etc.

If she were to marry a non-saudi, she would be expected to go to her inlaws which can be any part of the world, where she could fall into unislamic way of life. Plus her kids could also growup in a non-Islamic environment which is not desirable.

I wouldn't see this policy as racist, rather just conservative when it comes to marriage.

:wasalam:

BinKhadija

An Akhu
wow that means they do it due to the love of money and not because of racism?.....its a good thing the western media didnt get a hold of this story , they would have gone around saying Islam opresses women and this and that
How women choosing rich husbands or just Kuwaiti citizens is related to Islam oppressing women? Please elaborate.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Akhi, if you read sister's post again you would understand why.

The children of a Kuwaiti man will be Kuwaiti - that means, they are eligible for social allowance, free public school, free medical care, free college, amiri grants, and other "gifts" from the government.

So now, if the women is marrying a non-kuwaiti, he has to compensate in some manner for all of the above.

What that usually means, is that families of Kuwaiti women tell them they can only marry Kuwaiti men, or if not a Kuwaiti man, an extremely RICH man.

So technically, they CAN marry anyone, but due to their devotion to money, they generally can't marry just anyone and live to the style they wish to maintain.

And there is nothing wrong in maintaining a good living standard in Islam. The husband has an obligation to maintain the standards of the living of his wife as much as he can, to the level at which she was used to before marriage (living at her father's).

Hope this clears the matter. :)

Well that would make sense that if the saudi woman marries a saudi man, the husband would take care that she still follows the rules & etiquettes that she was following before marriage like hijab, no intermingling with men etc etc.

If she were to marry a non-saudi, she would be expected to go to her inlaws which can be any part of the world, where she could fall into unislamic way of life. Plus her kids could also growup in a non-Islamic environment which is not desirable.

I wouldn't see this policy as racist, rather just conservative when it comes to marriage.

conservative or whatever u can call it.....when did the prophet Muhammad(saw) treat differently an arab with a non-arab?....and well saudi men also live in unislamic countries and also do haraam stuff what has that got to do with a women falling into haraam if she goes into an unislamic country as this goes for both ways actually

How women choosing rich husbands or just Kuwaiti citizens is related to Islam oppressing women? Please elaborate.

well as the western media can use the hijab as their tool for opression they can certainly use this for alot of other things.....do the thinking :D

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Aleekum,

Im pretty sure that this goes for many Islamic countries, often its a cultural thing not an islamic thing...Once i told my mom i wanted to marry a palestinian guy who lives in palestine (not that i know one), she flipped out saying that i want to go to the end of the world...how do i know that he wouldnt want me to stay in his country and that way she wont ever see me again....to the end!

Often marrying to other countries seperates you from your parents and as Muslim women we do NEED our parents...who do we turn to if god forbid ( la gader allah) something happens between the women and her husband and shes in a country that she has no one there for her...what does she do then?

This is what society and family fear that their daughter would fall back and no one would be there to catch her....

salam,

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
conservative or whatever u can call it.....when did the prophet Muhammad(saw) treat differently an arab with a non-arab?....and well saudi men also live in unislamic countries and also do haraam stuff what has that got to do with a women falling into haraam if she goes into an unislamic country as this goes for both ways actually

The chances of a man brought up in the right environment going astray are less as he has been brought up within the country also most of the time. Ofcourse that doesn't give a 100% insurance about anything, but atleast they try.

As long as the Saudi women & their families don't cry foul, why should we say that they are being oppressed or their practices are unIslamic?

well lets jz say a saudi woman wants to marry a non saudi man....that is undermining her by removing all the benefits which aint fair.....and correct me if im wrong cause im not sure on this, is it true if a saudi woman marries a non saudi man she gets exiled from saudi arabia?

q8penpals

Salam

She doesn't get exiled, but her children will NOT be Saudi, and will not be able to receive many of the benefits allowed to Saudis.

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart

What? Any muslims man can do that, he doesn't have to be a Saudi. But if you are talking about cultural rules and things have nothing to do with islam i totally agree, a sauid man is the right choice.

The chances of a man brought up in the right environment going astray are less as he has been brought up within the country also most of the time. Ofcourse that doesn't give a 100% insurance about anything, but atleast they try.

i honestly dont get it.....right environment going astray?.....i mean that happens in every country not jz saudi has the rite environment...at least they try?....try what?.....im lost

What? Any muslims man can do that, he doesn't have to be a Saudi. But if you are talking about cultural rules and things have nothing to do with islam i totally agree, a sauid man is the right choice.

ok mayb u were talking from a cultural point of view and not an Islamic one...so yeah if its based on culture but u have to sacrifice culture for Islam....i mean non-muslims do that when they convert to Islam....if they can then why cant rich arab nations?

DanyalSAC

Its been my understanding that a Saudi woman can marry a non-Saudi man but just that her marriage does not grant her husband citizenship, and their children will also not be granted it either. A Saudi man can marry a non-Saudi woman and she WILL get citizenship. There are no laws against it, its just that they don't get the same result.

kiki18

i'm sorry, but this is a form of racism covered up. I mean is it not enough for the man whom the lady is marrying to be muslim?? so it wouldn't make sense in the way of "protection against anything unislamic". it makes sense as a way of law for the kids not benefiting from the government of saudi, at least they would benefit in the government of the country where the father is from.

Salem9022

The reason why a Saudi women cant marry a Non saudi which is also the case in Lebanon, Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Oman/yemen and these other countries is that Lineage is passed down from father to child not by mother to child. Thats the cultural issue of it or what I know about it. They are patriartical societies which means you are who you are because of your father. So if your father is Sudanese then you are Sudanese if your father is Indian then you are Indian or if your father is Japanese then you are Japanese regardless what your mother is. If anyone knows something else about this matter please inform me. I think in Islam Lineage is also passed down from father to child.

i'm sorry, but this is a form of racism covered up. I mean is it not enough for the man whom the lady is marrying to be muslim?? so it wouldn't make sense in the way of "protection against anything unislamic". it makes sense as a way of law for the kids not benefiting from the government of saudi, at least they would benefit in the government of the country where the father is from.

well like sis g8penpals said its more about money

Status
Not open for further replies.