Alhamdulillah RAMADAN KAREEM

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam:

So the shaytans have been chained in the rest of the world, but are still being allowed to roam free for us over in the subcontinent for an extra day? :(

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Remember that Ramadan will continue one extra day in there when it has ended in other parts. ;)

We of course will pray for all of you to be safe from the shaytan during this extra day (and every days after that too). :agreed:

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
wa alaikum asalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

It is here, it is here! Well, Maghrib is in one hour, and 1st Taraweeh is later tonight.

Ramadan Mubarak everyone! May we all reap as many blessings as possible! And may our good intentions today become our good acts tomorrow

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
:salam:

So the shaytans have been chained in the rest of the world, but are still being allowed to roam free for us over in the subcontinent for an extra day? :(

So I'm guessing the moon being sighted elsewhere in the world doesn't matter in India? Because in the U.S. The moon has not been sighted in majority of the cities and states but we are still fasting today and some will fast tomorrow (Sunday).

zaman-gm

Salam,

In my Country Bangladesh, Ramadan will start from tomorrow (Monday) In Sha Allah.
I pray for all my Muslim Brother and Sisters to Allah SWT to give all Benefits and Blessings of this Ramadan to Us.

Wassalam.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
So I'm guessing the moon being sighted elsewhere in the world doesn't matter in India? Because in the U.S. The moon has not been sighted in majority of the cities and states but we are still fasting today and some will fast tomorrow (Sunday).

Every year it's the same. We're usually two days or so behind the rest of the world. No idea why, but the moon just doesn't appear here till then.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Every year it's the same. We're usually two days or so behind the rest of the world. No idea why, but the moon just doesn't appear here till then.

Here is something why:

"While most of the world’s Muslims look to Saudi Arabia or follow astronomical calculations to determine when the new moon of the ninth lunar month has arrived – marking the start of Ramadan – India follows the declaration of its own Central Moon Sighting Committee."

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2012/07/20/religion-journal-for-ramadan-india-goes-it-alone/

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Here is something why:

"While most of the world’s Muslims look to Saudi Arabia or follow astronomical calculations to determine when the new moon of the ninth lunar month has arrived – marking the start of Ramadan – India follows the declaration of its own Central Moon Sighting Committee."

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2012/07/20/religion-journal-for-ramadan-india-goes-it-alone/

Interesting. Isn't this how its supposed to be? When you actually *see* the moon. Not calculations or following another country.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Propably, as it is said in that article:

“Outside the Subcontinent they are following Saudi Arabia, which is technically wrong. The scholars say that you should wait to see the new moon physically before starting Ramadan,”

But I am not scholar, so I don´t know what is right in this matter. :)

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Here is something why:

That makes sense. Saudi Arabia are not following other countries as well i guess because the moon has been seen on Friday in Yemen and Kenya and other countries but they decided until they see it themselves not to fast.

John Smith

As Salam walyakum.

Sorry for the delay but Ramadan Kareem.

It's a challenge in the UK due to time changes but one I love facing, I've suffered the 2nd & 3rd due to a thumping headache which was bought on by renovations work in my house, I'm allergic to dust & Suffer from Hayfever & as I type I wipe my nose :)

Walyakum as Salam.