Raped by the Jinn?

AbdurRahman91

Assalaamu ilikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakathu

Indeed all praises be to Allah and peace and blessings be upon the best of men, Prophet Muhammad S.A.W.S.

Can anyone show me or relate to me anything from the Quran and the Hadeeths about jinn raping humans?

Last night i feel like i was attacked by a jinn.

I was stuck in my bed, and i couldnt move, scream, or even recite the Quran. It was a very disturbing, frustrating feeling. I felt like someone was holding me down, and i woke up in a state impurity.

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Asalam alai kum,

This used to happen to me a long time ago, although I wouldn't say it's being raped by the Jinn. I used to feel a heavy presence on my chest but Alhamdulilah through the experiences in life that I encountered and studying what the Prophet (peace be upon him) did before he went to bed it's now a thing of the past.

Anyway Alhamdulilah continuing on, I came across the below from Islam Q&A....

What is al-Jathoom?

We often hear about al-Jathoom, which is a jinni that sits (yajthum) on a person’s chest if he has been neglecting prayer or other duties. Is there anything in the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that mentions that? Or is it a myth and fable?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Al-Jathoom is the kaboos (incubus, evil spirit, nightmare) that descends upon a person in his sleep.

Ibn al-Manzoor said:

Al-Jathaam or al-Jathoom is the kaboos that descends upon a person at night… the one that descends upon a person when he is sleeping is called al-jathoom.

Lisaan al-‘Arab (12/83)

He also said:

The kaboos is the one that descends upon the sleeper at night. And it was said that it is the precursor to epilepsy. One of the linguists said: I do not think that it is an Arabic word; rather it is al-naydalaan; it is also known as al-barook or al-jathoom.

Lisaan al-‘Arab (6/190).

Secondly:

The “jathoom” may be caused by a physical reason, such as eating too much or taking too much medicine, or it may be due to being overpowered by the jinn. The former may be treated by cupping and reducing the intake of food etc. The latter may be treated by means of the Qur’aan and reciting dhikrs that are prescribed in Islam.

Ibn Seena said in his medical book al-Qanoon:

Chapter on al-kaboos:

It is also called al-khaaniq (the strangler), and in Arabic it is also called al-jathoom and al-naydalaan.

Al-kaboos is a disease that a person feels when he is falling asleep and imagines something heavy pressing upon him, squeezing him and constricting his breathing, hence he cannot speak or move, and he is almost suffocated because of the obstruction of his airway. When it goes away, he wakes up immediately. This is the precursor to one of three things: epilepsy, apoplexy or mania. That applies if it is due to physical causes and there is no other non-physical cause. End quote.

Modern doctors say likewise. Dr. Hassaan Shamsi Basha has divided kaboos into two categories: temporary kaboos and recurrent kaboos; he regards the former as being due to physical causes and the latter as being due to the effect of the jinn.

He says in his book al-Nawm wa’l-Araq wa’l-Ahlaam (sleep, insomnia and dreams):

1) Temporary kaboos:

This happens for two reasons:

A- Vapours that rise to the brain through the breathing channels when first falling asleep, so the person afflicted feels that he cannot move or speak, or he feels a kind of panic. This is the precursor of a physical epileptic seizure, and it also happens when one is exposed to psychological pressures.

B- Administration of medicines that can cause kaboos such as:

(i) Arazrabine

(ii) Beta blockers

(iii) Lifod B

(iv) Antidepressants

(v) After stopping the use of tranquillizers such as valium.

2) Recurrent kaboos. This kind of kaboos indicates that a person has been harmed by evil spirits. End quote.

Conclusion:

Jathoom refers to kaboos, which is not a myth or fable, rather it is something real that does happen; it may be caused by physical factors or it may be caused by the jinn.

And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/75612/

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

This is a very real topic. We must pay heed to the suggestions.

Sometimes it can be a reminder of the good we have. We have to treat the Blessings with kid gloves.

All He asks of us is to be ever mindful and join in with the rest of Creation in Praising His Masjesty.

Alhumdullila, Alhumdullila, Alhumdullila.

aslamjiffry

Hubbu Rasoolullah
Well . This happened to me long back. . Not once , but many times . . Try to read ayatul-kursi.

Salaams Everyone!!!!!!!

We have a powerful tool for this porblem. That is Ayathul Kursi. Recite before going to bed. Allah is wilth me sister told it correct. Also recite ayathul qursi before leaving home. and while you are travelling recite Ayathul qursi once.

Wassalaam!

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam Alaikum

Like the breath is stucked,we cant move a single part of body,even we scream but no voice comes out......is this is the symptomps?

ask me,how much time it happened to,as far I can remember, It has happened to me the night before the last,even twice or thrice in one night.
I think and one of my local sheikh(when I was in Qatar,and may me at the age of 10/12) told me that,its a steady state of body,full relaxed in one position....like when we keep our hand in one position for a long time,it gets scrumbled like.....i hope u understand,as it happens to everyone.....like when our body is in such position,when our nose tip and toe tip are in same line,or we can draw a stright line,in this position the body gets locked...Yet the Sheikh instructed me to read Ayatul Qursi.....
I dont know but may be,he didnt want me to afraid,so he told me this...or it can be true...as it has become a daily exp for me....even when it goos to catch me,i become alert....lolz....just move alittle...or displace my hand or any or any part of body...

Allah knows the best..

Jazakallahu Khair
wasaalamu alaikum

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

:Ayat al-Kursi is verse 255 of the second chapter (Surah) of the Holy Quran, Surat al-Baqarah (The Chapter of the Cow)

Below is the Arabic text, the transliteration, and the English translation and then some of the benefits of reciting this verse, the Verse of the Throne:

اللَّهُ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ لاَ تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلاَ نَوْمٌ لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ مَنْ ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِهِ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلاَ يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلاَّ بِمَا شَاءَ وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاو ;َاتِ وَالأَرْضَ وَلاَ يَئُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ

Allahu la ilaha illa Huwa, Al-Haiyul-Qaiyum La ta'khudhuhu sinatun wa la nawm, lahu ma fis-samawati wa ma fil-'ard Man dhal-ladhi yashfa'u 'indahu illa bi-idhnihi Ya'lamu ma baina aidihim wa ma khalfahum, wa la yuhituna bi shai'im-min 'ilmihi illa bima sha'a Wasi'a kursiyuhus-samawati wal ard, wa la ya'uduhu hifdhuhuma Wa Huwal 'Aliyul-Adheem

"Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. His are all things In the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede In His presence except As he permitteth? He knoweth What (appeareth to His creatures As) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass Aught of his knowledge Except as He willeth. His throne doth extend Over the heavens And on earth, and He feeleth No fatigue in guarding And preserving them, For He is the Most High. The Supreme (in glory)."
[Surah al-Baqarah 2: 255]

Ubayy bin Ka'b (radiAllahu anhu) reported: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "Abu Mundhir! Do you know which Ayah in Allah's Book is the greatest? I said: 'Allah and His messenger know best.'
He (peace be upon him) again said: 'Do you know which Ayah in Allah's Book, according to you, is the greatest?' I (Abu Mundhir) replied: ‘It is 'Allah la ilaha illa Huwal-Hayyul-Qayyum'.[2:255].
Thereupon he (peace be upon him) patted me in the chest and said, ' Rejoice by your knowledge, O Abu Mundhir! (i.e, may this knowledge be a source of respect, honour and benefit to you)'."
[Muslim]

Asma' bint Yazid (radiAllahu anhu) reported, ' I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say about these two following Ayahs, i.e, verses: "Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. [2:255], And, Alif Lam Mim, Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal [3:1-2], That they contain Allah's Greatest Name."
[Imam Ahmed bin Hanbal in his Musnad]

Abu Umamah Al-Bahili (may Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "The one who recites it after each of the obligatory prayers, then death will be the only thing preventing him from entering Paradise."
[Ibn Sunni, Ibn Hibban]

Abu Dhar said; O Messenger of Allah, what is the greatest thing that has been revealed to you?’ He said, Ayat al-Kursi, 'Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa'
[an-Nasa'i]

When you lie down in your bed, recite ayat al-Kursi, Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists… [al-Baraqah 2:255] until the end of the ayah, then you will have a protector from Allah and no shaytan (devil) will come near you until morning comes
[Sahih al-Bukhari]

Abu Hurairah (radiAllahu anhu) narrated; In Surah al-Baqaraah there is an ayah which is the best of all the ayahs of the Qur’an. It is never recited in a house but the Shaytan leaves: Ayat al-Kursi.

Everything has its pinnacle and the pinnacle of the Qur’an is Surah al-Baqarah. In it there is an ayah which is the greatest in the Qur’an: Ayat al-Kursi
[at-Tirmidhi]

Do you know the Ayatul Kursi?" Anas (radiAllahu anhu) replied "I know". The Prophet (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said, "It is equal to a quarter of the Qur'an

Intellectual Copyright © 1999 - 2005 Mutmainaa. All Rights Reserved to the respective authors.

ShyHijabi

Or it could be a purely biological phenomenon called hypnogogic state. You know we produce a hormone in our sleep that basically paralyzes your body, this is to keep you from acting out your dreams. (some people still have issues with sleep talking and walking though) When someone is waking up they experience temporary paralysis and it can be quite frightening.

While someone is in this state they can also hallucinate physical and visual stimuli. I think a lot of people go through hypnogogic states at some times in their lives and blame it on jinn, demons, etc., The hypnogogic state has been recorded on video tape and EEGs so the phenomenon is not some majic or hocus pocus.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Wait what?

So Jinns can rape humans? how? :S

and why? Also to the post #2..how do u know which of though cases apply here..I'm greatly intrigued now

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It is not sexual. It is a heaviness. It is a very physical phenomena. Sister..we are not in the business of hocus pocus. It is not an altered state. It is very real.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Assalaam walaikum,

It is not sexual. It is a heaviness. It is a very physical phenomena. Sister..we are not in the business of hocus pocus. It is not an altered state. It is very real.

Sorry to burst your bubble ukthi..im a brother..unless ur not talking to me then nvm :shymuslima1:

ShyHijabi

Assalaam walaikum,

I wasn't meaning to imply that jinn are hocus pocus, rather I was stating it could very well be a physical phenomenon and not spiritual. It concerns me how often we try to blame things on jinn that could be easily explained through science. We had a patient (a child) who was brought to the ER in septic shock because her parents felt illness was "demons" and if they prayed hard enough it would cast them out of her.

If they had simply brought her in when it was beginning a case of antibiotics would've cured her. Instead she lost her hands and one leg because of her parent's "beliefs." People in hypnogogic states describe a heaviness, paralysis and even visual/physical sensations, but it is clearly recorded on EEG and hormones levels reveal a chemical cause. This is very real as well.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister now I understand where you are coming from. Yes, many people are very ignorant and do not use the means available. However, I was concentrating on those who have employed the traditional therapies and exhausted them.
We have to acknowledge jinns. They are as real as we are. They are good and bad. Some of us have seen jinns. Some of us have felt the presence of jinns. We get scared. And our faith provides remedies to clear our souls.

Ketaaa

I used to never believed in such a things, but they are real. I am a woman, and I was rapped by the jinn I don’t know how many times and still continue. I’m feeling sexually abused in millions times and it all started as I was cheated by him without knowing who he was.
It all started as I went in a place to find my luck, my life destination, then after that I started imagination delusions from the sky like god has told me my life destiny, and after all, I keep trapped by him and he still continues abusing me sexually, while he had send me in a schizophrenia state.
he is totally evil, he uses every tactic to destroy you and makes you sin.
Don’t trust him, he is a liar, he plays with people mind, he hates peoples l, don’t listen to horoscope, fortune from the sky, don’t do bad in this life, stay strong, because we people are good. Yes