Realization of the Islamic State

Somair

As-salaam Alaikum,

Keeping up with everything around us it isn't too hard to realize that we Muslims are in a bad shape. Our Ummah is divided in every sense.

Insha’Allah to reverse the tragic course we are on, we need to regroup, to re-evaluate, and to re-adjust. One particular concept or doctrine that we have actively or passively accepted, a prominent agent of our tragic course, is the doctrine of nationalism, and the concept of the nation-state system.

The nationalistic ideology and the nation-state system, based on an ill and anti-Islamic concept of geographically dividing people based on selective cultural, ethnic, racial, and such differences has done an inordinate amount of damage to Muslims. It is very sad that so many of us hold so dearly the results, i.e. our home countries, of a system that has divided Muslims to such a tragic extent. We are fond of our separate and distinct “homelands” when in reality they aren’t our homeland; rather they are shattered and divided pieces of our one homeland.

Our homeland is The Islamic State. And this homeland is in ruins; dismantled, divided, and besieged. How would we feel if our present so called homelands, may it be Pakistan where my parents are from, or Iran, or Egypt, or any other Muslim populated country, were dismantled, divided, and besieged. Our love and fondness for our individual countries is detrimental to the realization of the Islamic state.

The Islamic lands divided into multiple nation-states have on a macro-level only given the Ummah pain. Muslim nation-states adversely compete against each other for individual national interests rather than collectively pursuing a course for the greater Islamic interest. We as divided nations are an opportunistic game in the great stratagem of resource conquest known as divide and conquer which is used by external nations that could not strategically consider such a venture if we were as one single Islamic state. I also believe extremism and disregard for Shariah mandated rules of engagement on part of our fellow Muslims would also cease because the reason they may engage in a way disregarding or directly attacking non-combatants has to do with a sense of desperation facing foes far stronger, technological, and resourced than them. As a single strong Islamic state, Insha’Allah we won’t have to resort to that sort of tactics. Certainly all victory is from Allah (SWT) no matter how strong our foes are, though it doesn't mean we don't have to address our shortcomings.

I think one of the biggest problems, obstacles, what say you, facing us before an actual active effort into and Insha’Allah the step by step realization of an Islamic state, is the huge obstacle of actually engraining the vitalness of this task in our mind. We have to first comprehend, come to grips with the fact that there is a huge problem with the status quo, and then we have to believe in the necessity of creating this unity, step by step, until we are fully united under one Islamic state. We Muslims really need to seed this idea into our minds, to actually want this, and also to advocate this goal to the rest of us. I don’t think Muslims can get anywhere operating within separate nation-states. May Allah (SWT) help us.

Let me know what you guys think. Do you guys agree, or think there should be a little different course of action, or keep the status quo, do you object to some parts of what I wrote, or all of it, or do you think I am missing something, please feel free to criticize and discuss. I guess we can’t move forward either way until we discuss it and make it part of the Muslim discourse.

wa’l-salaam

Somair

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2:

Many people talk about the position of the Muslim world today and Islamic States. Some are correct, whilst majority go about it the wrong way and mislead people, such as Hizb Tahrir /muhajiroon etc.

There is a different course of action before such an Islamic state can ever come into being. It is extremely simple.

The first thing to do is to look into both the Quran and Sunnah. It is clear that Allah does not change the position of a people before they change their own ways towards Islam. And that is to practise Islam properly, just as the Prophet :saw: did. To worship Allah properly without associating partners with him and to obey the Messenger :saw:.

People make mockery of this and say, look there they go again talking about Tawheed when there are more important things going on in the world, this just shows their ignorance of the situation we are in and the way we are to move forward as a whole.

Education on Islam, patience and perseverance are needed if this Ummah is to go forward.

Instead, some people opt for blowing up buildings, car bombs etc which is of course, basically murder and not allowed in Islam.

The Prophet :saw: spent his life, as did all the other Prophets who came before him giving the Da'wah of Tawheed. Once people understand this issue and further unite on pure and clear Islamic values. There would become unity in the Ummah.

InshaAllah i have provided some good reading materials on this subject, and these are supported by verses from Quran and Hadith:

Importance of Tawheed in Reviving the Ummah

The Current State of the Muslim World

Why Muslims are Weak Today