Interesting Relationships

The best relationship according to you is....

• Total voters

MuslimShadow

Assalamo alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

I hope all of you are in the best of health and imaan insha'allah.:smile-31:

Just wanna take a poll regarding relationships.You can select multiple responses.

Feel free to give reasons for your selection.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

The mother does have an elevated status in Islam. However, the "best relationship" will vary between people. Alhamdulillah I am happy and have a good relationship with both my parents, siblings, and I have a lot of friends too!

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Sorry for asking sister, but what's the point of this thread?

I Think it's rather interesting. And there's really no harm in it, no?

But I'm surprised at the "husband-wife" and "friendship" relationships... I thought it would've been the other way around, with the spouse having more votes. Hmm.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
I believe every one of those relationships you have listed is unique and sacred in its own way, with three of them being elevated divinely, however, based on personal experience, I went for the Brother/Sister relationship. A brother can be a friend, a protector, a father, a mother, a sister (at times) and a mentor, a teacher and always there for moral, physical and emotional support, all rolled into one. Mine certainly possessed those qualities and many more.

MuslimShadow

wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

The mother does have an elevated status in Islam. However, the "best relationship" will vary between people. Alhamdulillah I am happy and have a good relationship with both my parents, siblings, and I have a lot of friends too!

Jazakallah khairan brother for replying.:smile-31:

Sorry for asking sister, but what's the point of this thread?

No problem sis.:semi-twins:.
Just few days ago i was reflecting on human relationships. Alhamdullilah Allah has placed so much blessings in each one of them.So after much thinking i came to a conclusion.I just wanted to check if that would be
reflected in the polls.So that's it.

Umm Abdullah

Khayr sister :)

Hmm I just think it's not that simple to answer, because you can not compare those relationships with each other, Allahu A'lem. The love you have for your parents is different from the love you have for your husband and children. And the love you have for your siblings is different from the love you have for your friends. All are unique in their way.

Layankj

Assalamu Aleikom wa Rahmatullahi all brothers and sisters,

I would agree with the previous post, and this is why I voted the best relationship for all :)

InshaAllah one should strive to make each of ones relationships, which are all of different nature, the Best it can be!

So multiple options for me :)

Mahzala

Khayr sister :)

Hmm I just think it's not that simple to answer, because you can not compare those relationships with each other, Allahu A'lem. The love you have for your parents is different from the love you have for your husband and children. And the love you have for your siblings is different from the love you have for your friends. All are unique in their way.

You're right, it's not simple at all. In fact, you can even consider the reality that many people don't experience every relationship that is listed. Some grow up without ever receiving the love and nurture of a parent, some are unfortunate so as to not have siblings, and others are not engaged in a relationship like that which is shared with a life partner. And so, ultimately, weighing them out becomes a very difficult task, because not only are the emotions attached to those relationships foreign to us, but the relationship itself is one we have no experience of, and have only seen, and at times yearn for. And there are others, who build very strong relationships, or the opposite, and then lose the person they share it with. You can only imagine how difficult the weighing becomes at this point.

Mahzala

InshaAllah one should strive to make each of ones relationships, which are all of different nature, the Best it can be!

True, but human nature is such that we value certain things over others, giving them more priority, and so our attitudes, which are our feelings attached to those priorities, also follow the 'emotional hierarchy', if I may call it, in our hearts and minds. It's natural, especially considering relationships for many are a give and take scenario, with expectations involved ... and a lot of other complicated languages of communication.

noora1

Statue of Liberty under the clouds! :D
I'd say friendship because they are my companions and I love to spend time with them. Oh and they wouldn't be as biased about/towards me because they don't have to be around me every single day and learn to deal with me like family. LOL

alina naghi

El salmo salikom
i have great realationship with my muslim brother then do with my husband or muslim sister
they are wonderful inchallah

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
wa 'alaikomassalam warahmatollahi wabarakatuhu..
This got me a wee bit worried,do kids forget their fathers?
What about fathers? : (((

Mahzala

No ... I wanted to give my second vote to that relationship, but it didn't allow me.

While Jannah lies at the feet of the mother, the father is the gate to Jannah, and that is what some of us tend to forget.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Assalamo alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

I hope all of you are in the best of health and imaan insha'allah.:smile-31:

Just wanna take a poll regarding relationships.You can select multiple responses.

Feel free to give reasons for your selection.

Salaams!
I think you should have included the sister-sister and brother-brother relationship.