Reminder, Do not argue with People of the Book, ...

pcozzy

:salam2:

Salah (Prayer) keeps one away from shameful deeds and
Do not argue with the People of the Book except in good taste.
Al-Ankaboot 29:[45-51]
Recite (O Muhammad) what has been revealed to you of the Book (the Qur'ân), and perform As-Salât (Iqamât-as-Salât). Verily, As-Salât (the prayer) prevents from Al-Fahshâ' (i.e. great sins of every kind, unlawful sexual intercourse, etc.) and Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism, and every kind of evil wicked deed, etc.) and the remembering (praising, etc.) of (you by) God (in front of the angels) is greater indeed [than your remembering (praising, etc.) God in prayers, etc.]. And God knows what you do.

And argue not with the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), unless it be in (a way) that is better (with good words and in good manner, inviting them to Islâmic Monotheism with His Verses), except with such of them as do wrong, and say (to them): "We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you; our Ilâh (God) and your Ilâh (God) is One (i.e. God), and to Him we have submitted (as Muslims)."

And thus We have sent down the Book (i.e this Qur'an) to you (O Muhammad), and those whom We gave the Scripture [the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel) aforetime] believe therein as also do some of these (who are present with you now like 'Abdullâh bin Salâm) and none but the disbelievers reject Our Ayât [(proofs, signs, verses, lessons, etc., and deny Our Oneness of Lordship and Our Oneness of worship and Our Oneness of Our Names and Qualities: i.e. Islâmic Monotheism)].

Neither did you (O Muhammad) read any book before it (this Qur'ân), nor did you write any book (whatsoever) with your right hand. In that case, indeed, the followers of falsehood might have doubted.

Nay, but they, the clear Ayât [i.e the description and the qualities of Prophet Muhammad written like verses in the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] are preserved in the breasts of those who have been given knowledge (from the people of the Scriptures). And none but the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrongdoers, etc.) deny Our Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.).

And they say: "Why are not signs sent down to him from his Lord? Say: "The signs are only with God, and I am only a plain warner."

Is it not sufficient for them that We have sent down to you the Book (the Qur'ân) which is recited to them? Verily, herein is mercy and a reminder (or an admonition) for a people who believe.

[Hilali - Khan translation]
Peace and Blessings be upon Muhammed, messenger of Allah. This is our teacher and best example to follow. And this is what Allah subhanna-wata3lla tells us how to go about dawaa in our lives. May Allah increase us in knowledge.

Arabic recitation by Afasy attached

Attachments

• Al-ankaboot_45-51.mp3
    2.6 MB · Views: 14