::Reminders::

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullaah,

Inshaa'Allaah this is where we post weekly,daily,monthly,yearly reminders like events, worships, lectures etc rather than creating a new thread. Jazaakumullaahu khayran!

There follow a number of ahaadeeth which encourage fasting on Mondays and Thursdays:

1 – It was narrated from Abu Qataadah al-Ansaari that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was asked about fasting on Mondays. He said: “On that day I was born, and on it the Revelation came to me.” Narrated by Muslim, 1162.

2 – It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was keen to fast on Mondays and Thursdays. Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 745; al-Nasaa’i, 2361; Ibn Maajah, 1739; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1044.

3 – It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Deeds are shown (to Allaah) on Mondays and Thursdays, and I like my deeds to be shown when I am fasting.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 747; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1041.http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/69781

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2:

great thread...
May Allah accept our fasting...

if i may add this post by brother massi

Fasting al-Ayyaam al-Beed is done according to the lunar calendar, not the solar
I am a "New" Muslim (or recently converted) and I thank Allah for guiding me to this truly happiest move I've made in my life. Among all the other ways to worship the Allah, I appreciate very much the issue of fasting. I have truly enjoyed my first Ramadan this year and went through all 30 days with pride and great faith. I'm also very interested in voluntary fasting and besides fasting Thursdays, I''ve been also fasting during the White Days (13,14,15 every months). However, I've realized that I've been fasting 13,14,15 according to Georgian, normal calendar, and not according to an Islamic one! Is what I have done really wrong? Does it annul my fasting? What shall I do in the future? Thank you very much in advance!

Praise be to Allaah.

First of all, congratulations on the blessing of Allaah which you have received, as He has guided you to this religion and caused you to enjoy the sweetness of obedience and worship through fasting, which is one of the greatest forms of worship. Here we will explain in brief the virtues of fasting.

The virtues of fasting are immense, and a number of saheeh ahaadeeth state this, such as the following:

Fasting is something which is just for Allaah, and Allaah will give multiple rewards without measure for it. The hadeeth says: “[Allaah says:] Fasting is Mine and it is I Who give reward for it.” (Al-Bukhaari, Fath, no. 1904)

“There is nothing equivalent to fasting.” (Al-Nisaa’i, 4/165; see also Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1/413)

“The prayer (du’aa’) of the fasting person will not be refused.” (Reported by al-Bayhaqi, 3/345; see also al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 1797)

“The one who fasts has two joys: the joy of breaking his fast and, when he meets his Lord, the joy of having fasted.” (Reported by Muslim, 2/807)

Fasting will be an intercession for the slave on the Day of Resurrection, when it will say: “O Lord, I stopped him from eating and drinking during the day, so let me intercede for him.” (Reported by Ahmad, 2/174; al-Bayhaqi classed its isnaad as hasan in al-Mujtama’, 3/181; see also Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1/411).

“The smell (coming from the mouth of) the fasting person is better in the sight of Allaah than the scent of musk.” (Muslim, 2/808).

“Fasting is a protection and a strong fortress against the Fire.” (Reported by Ahmad, 2/402; see also Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1/411 and Saheeh al-Jaami’, 3880)

“Whoever fasts one day for the sake of Allaah, Allaah will keep his face seventy years’ distance away from the Fire because of it.” (Reported by Muslim, 2/808)

“Whoever fasts a day seeking the pleasure of Allaah and then dies [i.e. that is the last thing he does] will enter Paradise.” (Reported by Ahmad, 5/391; see also Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1/412)

“In Paradise there is a gate called al-Rayyaan, through which those who fast will enter, and no-one else will enter through it. After they have entered, it will be locked and no-one else will enter it.” (Al-Bukhaari, Fath, no. 1797).

Voluntary fasts will make up for any shortfall in obligatory fasts. Examples of voluntary fasts include ‘Aashooraa’, the Day of ‘Arafaah, al-Ayaam al-Beed (the “White Days”), Mondays and Thursdays, six days of Shawwaal, and increased fasting during the months of Muharram and Sha’baan.

What is meant by al-Ayaam al-Beed is the 13th, 14th, and 15th of each lunar month, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “They ask you about the new moons. Say: These are signs to mark fixed periods of time for mankind and for the pilgrimage…” [al-Baqarah 2:189]. So the timing of certain acts of worship and the ‘iddah (waiting period for women who have been divorced or widowed, etc.) are worked out according to the lunar months of the Hijri or Islamic calendar, not the solar months of the Gregorian or Western calendar. The fasts which you have observed according to the solar calendar most likely do not correspond with the lunar calendar, but in any case you will be rewarded, in sha Allaah, for the days that you have fasted, because you have fasted them voluntarily for the sake of Allaah. But if you wish to earn the reward that is specifically for fasting Ayaam al-Beed, which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) urged us to do, you should find out the timings according to the lunar calendar and fast according to it.

We ask Allaah to increase His blessings upon you, to help you adhere to His religion, to give you the strength to do that which will please Him and to increase your reward, for He is the All-Hearing Who answers prayers. Do not forget us in your prayers whilst you are fasting. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.
Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

OsMaN_93

Here to help
Calling A Muslm Kafir!

"Whoever calls his [Muslim] brother 'kafir',
it becomes definitely true of one of the two."
Narrated by al-Bukhari and Muslim

'Ibn `Umar related that the Holy Prophet said: "If a Muslim calls another kafir, then if he is a kafir let it be so; otherwise, he [the caller] is himself a kafir".
Abu Dawud, Book of Sunna

"Abu Zarr reported that the Holy Prophet said: "No man accuses another man of being a sinner, or of being a kafir, but it reflects back on him if the other is not as he called him".
Narrated by al-Bukhari

"Withhold [your tongues] from those who say "There is no god but Allah" --- do not call them kafir. Whoever calls a reciter of "There is no god but Allah" as a kafir, is nearer to being a kafir himself".'
Tabarani, reported from Ibn Umar

"Three things are the basis of faith. [One is] to withhold from one who says "There is no god but Allah" --- do not call him kafir for any sin, nor expel him from Islam for any misconduct".
Narrated by Abu Dawud

"Whoever attributes kufr [unbelief] to a believer, he is like his murderer".
Narrated by Tirmidhi and Bukhari

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum,

The dearest of you to me and the closest of you to me on the Day of
Judgement are the ones with highest character and morals, the easy going,
those are comfortable with people and people are comfortable with"
By Prophet Muhammed (SAW)

salam,

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Asalam Alakum,

The dearest of you to me and the closest of you to me on the Day of
Judgement are the ones with highest character and morals, the easy going,
those are comfortable with people and people are comfortable with"
By Prophet Muhammed (SAW)

salam,

wow, great post, could you please provide the source... Jazaki-Allah-Kair :)

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum,

I truely do apologize... I should have posted the hadith instead of the short summery of it which does not say it all.. once again my apologies ...

Heres the TRUE and FULL Hadith

Jabir ibn Abdullah narrated that the Prophet (pbuh) said: “On the Day of Judgment the dearest and closest to me, as regards my company, will be those persons who will bear the best moral character. Those among you, who talk with affectation and are given to boasting, will be the most repugnant to me and farthest from me on the Day of Judgment. The Companions submitted: “O Messenger of Allâh! What is meant by the word ‘Mutafayhiqun’"? The Prophet r said: “Those given to boasting.” (Tirmidhî 631)

salam,

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Assalamoalaikum,
Narrated Mu'awiyah al-Qushayri: I went to the Apostle of Allah (pbuh) and asked him: "What do you say (command) about our wives?" He replied: "Give them food what you have for yourself, and clothe them by which you clothe yourself, and do not beat them, and do not revile them." (Sunan Abu Dawud: Book 11, Number 2139) "The best of you is one who is best towards his family and I am best towards the family". (At-Tirmithy). "None but a noble man treats women in an honourable manner. And none but an ignoble treats women disgracefully". (At-Tirmithy).

OsMaN_93

Here to help
The Reality of DeAtH !!

:salam2:,.............

REALITY OF DEATH!!

Every one of us has to die. In this regard Allah mentioned in the Qur'an that everyone has to die including the Prophet himself.
"Truly thou wilt die (one day), and truly they (too) will die (one day)." (The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 39, Verse 30)

Allah also said that every soul shall taste the death:
"Every soul shall have taste of death; In the end to us shall ye be brought back .(The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 29, Verse 57)

No one knows when and where one will die. No one even knows how someone is to die. As Allah says in the Qur'an:
"Nor does anyone know what it is that he will earn on the morrow: Nor does anyone know in what land he is to die. Verily with God is full knowledge and He is acquainted (with all things)" (The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 31, Verse 34)

It is understood that Allah alone is the One Who gives life, and it is He Who takes off life.
"It is He Who gives Life and Death; and when He decides upon an affair, He says to it, "Be, " "and it is. " (The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 40, Verse 68)

While life and death are from Allah, we have to remember that they are to take place with the permission of Allah alone. Each one's life and death are decided by Allah. It is stated in the Qur'an

"Nor can a soul die except by God as leave, the term being fixed as by writing. Many do desire a reward in this life, we shall give it to him, and if any do desire a reward In the hereafter, we shall give it to him. And swiftly shall we reward those that (serve us with) gratitude. "(The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 3, Verse 145)

Allah (swt) makes us to die daily while sleeping. He makes most of us to wake up from our temporary death so we can praise Him and worship Him. The Qur'an states:

"It is God that takes the souls (of men) at death; and those that die not (He takes) during their sleep: those on whom He has passed the decree of death, He keeps back (from returning to t life) but the rest He sends (to their bodies) for a term appointed. Verily in this are Signs for those who reflect. (The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 39, Verse 42)

Allah has assigned an angel responsible for taking our souls out of our body. Allah informs us in Holy Quran:
"Say: "The Angel of Death put in charge of you, will (duly) take your souls: Then shall ye be brought back to your Lord."
(The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 32, Verse 11)

The life of each and every human being on this earth is a short one, but the deeds and actions of a true believer are eternal if he knows how to channel them in the right directions.

As far as the life span of a human being is concerned, our beloved Prophet :saw:(peace be upon him) said:

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) saying that the Prophet :)saw:) said: "The life span of my followers are between sixty and seventy. Very few of them do exceeds this age. " Reported by: Tirmizi

Life in this world is a temporary one. The real( Permanent) life is the one of Life Hereafter. In this respect the Qur'an states:

"What is the life of this world but amusement and play? But verily the Home in the Hereafter, that is life indeed, it they but knew." (The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 29, Verse 64)

We are here on a trial basis, we are here on a temporary basis, and we are here for a passage to Paradise or Hell . Almighty Lord Allah (swt) says in the Qur'an:

"Blessed be He in Whose hands is Dominion: and He over all things hath Power; He Who created Death and Life, that He may try which of you is best in deed: and He is the Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving"(The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 67, Verse 1-2)

The real life of an eternal rest is that of the hereafter. In this respect Allah says:
"O my People! This life of the present is nothing but (temporary) convenience. It is the Hereafter that is the Home that will last. "(The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 40, Verse 39)

Without coming to this world, and without dying we can't go to paradise. We can't dream to go to the final destination without tasting death. So we have to die whether we like it or not. Death is truth (Haqq). . It is a passage to Paradise. Therefore, it is important that we remember the death and prepare for it.. Our beloved Prophet :)saw:) reminded us that we have to remember death, as it is the one that defeats all types of pleasures.

Narrated by Ibn Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) that the Messenger of Allah :)saw:) said: "Increase your remembrance of the One which defeats pleasures".
While we are to remember death, we have to prepare ourselves to meet it - before it meets us.

As said by the beloved Prophet (peace be upon him): ''Do for your life as if you are to live eternally, and do for the hereafter as if you are to die tomorrow. ''

Remember that death is a process to reaching the final destination for both the believers and the non-believer. We hope and pray that each and everyone will go to Paradise. In other to achieve this ultimate success we must find out what Our Creator wants from us. and we must strive to seek the truth. In order one must desire the ultimate success there are two important things are necessary. First one must desire the real truth and second one must strive to seek the truth.

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah

Qur'an;

We send down in the Qur'an that which is a healing and mercy for those who believe. <17:82>

The best type of rememberance is the recitation of the Quran, because this contains remedies to cure the heart from all illness.

O mankind there has come to you a protection from your Lord and a healing for what is in your hearts, and for those who belive, a guidance and mercy. (10:57).

The prophet :saw: said, "whoever wants to love Allah and His massenger should read the Qur'an"

Uthman ibn Affan may Allah be pleased with him said, "If your hearts were realy pure, they would never have enough of reciting Allah's words."

Reflection on the Quran is accomplished when the heart sees its meanings, and the mind becomes focysed ib grasping its implications and the purpose of is revelation. mere mindless recitation is not sufficient. Allah has said:
"(It is) A Book We have revealed to you abounding."

The prophed :saw: said, " The best of you are those who learn the Qur'an and teach it."

Read! the Qur'an and make du'aa for me I started memorizing it.
May Allah help us to become hafiz Qur'an:tti_sister:

:wasalam:

Meraj

Brother

jazak Allah kheiran sister and others for your benificial posts..May Allah (subhana wa taala) help us to follow His deen and gives us strong emaan (ameen)...

:wasalam:

BintMuhammad

Staff member
For those who live in Sydney, Australia

Conquest of Constantinople - Sydney, June 13th

Bankstown Town Hall
Chapel Rd. (Crn Rickard Rd), Bankstown
Friday, 13th of June
7pm start

For details contact - Umar 0423 376 785 or Hamzah 0414 410 045

Watch the trailer @ www.islamiclegacy.org

sydwebversionuw8.jpg

BintMuhammad

Staff member
There follow a number of ahaadeeth which encourage fasting on Mondays and Thursdays:

1 – It was narrated from Abu Qataadah al-Ansaari that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was asked about fasting on Mondays. He said: “On that day I was born, and on it the Revelation came to me.” Narrated by Muslim, 1162.

2 – It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was keen to fast on Mondays and Thursdays. Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 745; al-Nasaa’i, 2361; Ibn Maajah, 1739; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1044.

3 – It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Deeds are shown (to Allaah) on Mondays and Thursdays, and I like my deeds to be shown when I am fasting.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 747; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1041.http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/69781

sumi

muslim

i am an muslim girl. i am sumi. i live in the untied states with my family. i am an a student in high school.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
FRIDAY Read Suratul-Kahf (Chapter 18)

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khduri that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever reads Soorat al-Kahf on Friday, he will be illuminated with light between the two Fridays.”

Narrated by al-Haakim; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 836