reverts & christian services

prayerbone

hi this is going to be major issue for me soon..i have young nephews and neices who are soon to get married etc and older parents who wont be here for ever..will i be allowed to go out of respect to my family,even so there be christian services??
andy

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hello

its a matter of opinion.. but, the best advice i heard a scholar give, was that it is best to attend such functions and advise people about Islam.

Of course, if they are drinking etc you are not to drink.. but, as they are your family.. it will further distance them from you if you do not attend such important family functions.

As for the Christian Services your duty would be to advise them about Islam :).. Perhaps you can miss those out.

Allah knows best.

wasalam.

prayerbone

Mabsoot said:
Hello

its a matter of opinion.. but, the best advice i heard a scholar give, was that it is best to attend such functions and advise people about Islam.

is this advice for funerals to?

andy

Karima

Asalamualikum,

The post I believe was directed towards family members. In the case of a friend, I would tend to think otherwise. It all depends on the situation.

Since this forum is for learning the right thing to do in Islam, I cannot give any suggestions.

Sallam

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member

nameofallah.gif

salam_3.gif

prayerbone & Kristina

"You ask and The Quran answers" "أنت تسأل والقرآن يجيب"

wasalam.