Reviving the Ummah and regaining it's Lost Honour and Glory

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

Taken from The Biography of Shaykh Muhammad Naasiruddeen Al-Albaanee Rahimahullaah:

"The solution to this is a return to Islaam and this is what I believe as is contained in the authentic Hadith wherein the Prophet :saw::

"When you involve in 'eena and you are pleased (engrossed) with agriculture and you abandon jihad in Allah's way then Allah will descend upon you humiliation which He will not remove from you until you return to your religion."

[Saheeh, reported by Ahmad, Abu Dawud and others.]

This is what Imam Maalik rahimahullaah pointed out in his famous statement etched in gold he said:

'Whoever invents in Islam a bid'a (innovation) and considers it hasanah (good), then he has assumed that Muhammad :saw: betrayed the message. Read Allah's, Blessed and Exalted be He,

"This day I have perfected your religion for you and completed my favours upon you and I'm pleased with Islam as your religion.'"

Thus, whatsoever was not on that day part of the Religion cannot today become part of the Religion. And nothing will reform the latter generation of his Ummah except what reformed its earlier generation.'
This last sentence is what we are particular about here where he said "... and nothing will reform the latter generation."Just as the Arabs were not reformed of their Jaahiliyyah ways except by the coming of their Prophet with revelation from the heavens, which earned them success in this world and would soon also earn them success in the Hereafter.

The fundamental principle upon which a successful Islamic life should be based in this generation is a return to the Qur'an and Sunnah. However, this issue requires further explanation because a great number of Islamic groups and societies in the present world claim that they have designed for themselves a methodology or scheme which will enable them, establish an Islamic community (state) and Islamic rule.

However, we know from the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Messenger that the way to achieve that is only one and that is what Allah Honoured and Majestic is He said:

"And verily, this my straight path, so follow it and follow not (other) paths, for theywill separate you away from His path.."

[Al-An'aam 6:153]

The Messenger of Allah :saw: explained this Verse clearly to his Companions:

He (the Prophet ) drew a straight line on the ground and said "This is Allah's path." Then he drew on its sides some divergent short lines and said: " and these are the divergent paths upon each of them is a Shaitaan calling unto it."

[Saheeh, reported by Nasaa'ee.]

Allah further emphasised this point along with the prophetic explanation when He said:

"And whoever contradicts and opposes the Messenger (Muhammad :saw:) after the right path has been shown clearly to him, and follows other than the believers' way, We shall keep him in the path he has chosen, and burn him in Hell - what an evil destination!"

[An-Nisaa 4:115]

In this Verse is critical wisdom as Allah Glorified is He attached the path of the believers to what the Messenger of Allah brought.

This is the same thing indicated in the Hadith of the Messenger of Allah :saw: about dissension when he was asked about the saved sect and he said:

"Those upon what I and my companions are upon today..."

[Saheeh, reported by Tirmidhee]

What then was the wisdom in Allah's mentioning of the path of the believers in the Verse and what was the salient reason why the Messenger of Allah attached his Companions to himself in the Hadith?

The answer is that these noble Companions were the ones who received (directly) the two revelations (the Qur'an and Sunnah) along with their explanations from the Messenger of Allah :saw: without any intermediary as others after them had to. And no doubt, the situation would be as the Messenger of Allah said:

"The present one sees what the absent one doesn't"

[Saheeh, reported by Ahmad, Abdur Razzaaq in Al-Musannah and others.]

It was for this reason that Iman of the Companions was stronger than the Iman of those who came after them. This is what the Messenger of Allah :saw: alluded to in the Hadith,

"The best of People is my generation (the one I lived in) then those after them, then those after them."

[Saheeh, Silsilatu Ahaadeeth Saheehah]

Due to this, it is not possible for a Muslim to understand the Qur'an and the Sunnah by himself without having recourse to the understanding of the Companions who learnt it directly from the Prophet along with it's explanations sometimes with his statements, sometimes by his actions and sometimes by his tacit approvals.

Therefore of great necessity is that we attach to Da'wah to Qur'an and Sunnah, the method of our pious predecessors due to what has been mentioned above in some Verses and Ahadith when Allah mentioned the path of the believers and the Prophet mentioned the understanding of the Companions. We follow these as mentioned by our pious predecessors, the Companions and those who followed them in righteousness.

At this juncture, there arises an important question which most Islamic groups and societies are unawares of. It is
"by what means can we know how the Companions understood and practiced this Sunnah?"
The Answer is... there is no path to that except by returning to the study of Hadith, the knowledge of the sciences of Hadith, the knowledge of Al-Jarh wat Ta'deel [this is the science of establishing the reliability or otherwise of narrators], and the applications of the principles and methodology of the science of Hadith until the scholars are able to know that which is authentically narrated from the Prophet :saw: and that which is not.

We say in simple clearer terms to the Muslims who wish to regain the lost glory and honour os Islam and to reestablish the Islamic Rule that they must of necessity do two things:

The first thing is that they should ring into th ears of the Muslims the pristine Shari'ah of Islaam free from all the things that have been included in it which were not part of it on the day Allah Blessed and Exalted be He said:

"Today, I have perfected for you your Religion and have completed My favours upon you and I am pleased with Islam as your Religion."

And being able to achieve this today as it was in the past requires a great strife on the path of the Muslim scholars in every part of the world.

The second thing is that they should necessarily accompany with this, pure unstained knowledge and exemplary actions. And the day when the Muslims return to understanding of their religion as the Companions of the Messenger of Allah :saw: did, and then they practice assiduously that Islam, then that day will the Muslims rejoice with Allah's help.

I beseech Allah to grant us the pristine understanding of Islam according to the Qur'an and authentic Sunnah of the Messenger :saw: as understood by our pious predecessors and that He guides us to practice it in deeds, He is the One Who Responds.

[Muhaddith-ul-'Asr pg. 63 - 65]

[The Biography of Naasirudeen Al-Albaanee, Pg. 90-96]

Walaykum Salaam.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I beseech Allah to grant us the pristine understanding of Islam according to the Qur'an and authentic Sunnah of the Messenger as understood by our pious predecessors and that He guides us to practice it in deeds, He is the One Who Responds.

Jazaak Allahu Kharin, dearest brother..

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Salaam,

I beseech Allah to grant us the pristine understanding of Islam according to the Qur'an and authentic Sunnah of the Messenger as understood by our pious predecessors and that He guides us to practice it in deeds, He is the One Who Responds.

Walaykum Salaam,

Ameen.

May Allah bless you with happiness and good.

Alhamdu'Lillaah.

palestine

Servant of Allah
brother ditta may i have your permission to copy this by hand or copy it on to word document and hand it out to the muslim peers at my school? if you don't mind. asalamu alaykum and jazakaAllahu khayran this was worth reading.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Salaam,

Wa Alaykum As Salaam Sister,

Ameen...

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
brother ditta may i have your permission to copy this by hand or copy it on to word document and hand it out to the muslim peers at my school? if you don't mind. asalamu alaykum and jazakaAllahu khayran this was worth reading.

As-salaamu `alaykum.

Sister go ahead! He took it out of the English translation of a small-ish biography of the Shaykh, published by Darussalam. I think we should be seeking their permission lol.

Was-salaam

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

:) - Yes, i took it from the book Brother Kashmiri stated, take it as an excerpt. :)

Insha'Allaah, i am sure it should be okay to distribute because it isn't like the whole book.

May Allah have mercy on Al-Albaanee.

Ameen.

Walaykum Salaam.