Sajdah to husband hadith

Majzoob

Asslam u alaikum wrwb bothers and sisters,

I pray to Allah for you all to be in the best of health and Eman. I would greatly appreciate if I can have some information on the chain of narration and authenticity of this hadith.

Abu Hurairah (radi Allahu anhu) states that the Messenger Sallallahu alaihi wasallam said, “If I were to make anyone to make Sajda for any creation, I would order a woman to prostrate to her husband.” (Mishkaat Shareef, pg. 281, with ref. to Tirmidhi).

Jazakom Allahu khayran kathira,

Wasalam

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Wa alaikumussalaam warahmatullaahi wabarakatuhu,

Ibn Maajah (1853) narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Abi Awfa said: When Mu’aadh came from Syria, he prostrated to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who said, “What is this, O Mu'aadh?” He said, I went to Syria and saw them prostrating to their archbishops and patriarchs, and I wanted to do that for you. The Messenger of Allaah (S) said, “Do not do that. If I were to command anyone to prostrate to anyone other than Allaah, I would have commanded women to prostrate to their husbands. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, no woman can fulfil her duty towards Allaah until she fulfils her duty towards her husband. If he asks her (for intimacy) even if she is on her camel saddle, she should not refuse.”

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.