salafi way of praying salah

mohammeduk

Salam,

Does anyone know how Salafis/Saudis pray their salah and they actually pray in their salah

This is just out of interest

Wa As Salam

Munaqaba23

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullaah

I believe that every Muslim should follow the way Prophet sallallahu alaihi wa sallam used to perform salah.
Here is a good Description of the Prophet’s prayer with details.
http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=13340&ln=eng

I guess someone would call that "salafi way of praying..."
I call it the Prophet's:saw2: way of praying.

:wasalam:

user expired!

asalamualaykum,

Salafis differ in their prayers just like everyone else so theres no such thing as the Salfi way of praying BUT if u are referring to the Saudi way then the Majority of them pray according to the Matdhab of Imam Ahmaad bin Habl(ra).

but one book i think is quite beneficial in its clarity of the Prophets prayer is the book by Shaykh Nassaruddin Alalbani.

mohammeduk

prayer

salaams brother,

many thanks for advice and information you have provided me with

please don't get me wrong, but at my mosque, i never see people raising their hands before going into rukoo and sujood, but i see on TV during ramadan the saudis actually do and also many arabs, what is the reason for this and is this what our prophet did?

please advise

wa asalaam

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*

Salaamu'alaykum

Brother just out of interest what masjid do you go to??? Are you from uk, wer abouts?? Well from ya name i guess you are.

Does anyone know how Salafis/Saudis pray their salah and they actually pray in their salah

This link explains the correct way of praying, the salaf/saudi way for both brothers and sisters, as the the Prophet :saw: said: “Pray as you have seen me pray,” (Bukhari) (Both men and women)

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10226

http://www.turntoislam.com/index.php?page=pray

ma'salaam

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Salaamu'alaykum

Its good you interested in knowing why they raise they hands. In my ex masjid they neva used to do this either. So i looked into it and realised the correct way to pray. Alhamdulillah iv changed my masjid even tho my parents havnt but inshallah Allah will guide them too. Alot of people are ignorant, they lack knowledge and dont look for proof or strong evidence, they just follow what they fore fathers do. Its our duty to search and see whats right from wrong, with clear evidence.
May Allah help and guide us all ameen..

please don't get me wrong, but at my mosque, i never see people raising their hands before going into rukoo and sujood, but i see on TV during ramadan the saudis actually do and also many arabs, what is the reason for this and is this what our prophet did?

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Salaamu'alaykum

Its good you interested in knowing why they raise they hands. In my ex masjid they neva used to do this either. So i looked into it and realised the correct way to pray. Alhamdulillah iv changed my masjid even tho my parents havnt but inshallah Allah will guide them too. Alot of people are ignorant, they lack knowledge and dont look for proof or strong evidence, they just follow what they fore fathers do. Its our duty to search and see whats right from wrong, with clear evidence.
May Allah help and guide us all ameen..

dear sister,
do you really have to change your mesjid....
isnt this is what is breaking the ummah up....

i remember in mecca they used to have 4 prayers for zuhur- all those following shafii will pray together, all those following hanafi will pray next...is this what happen during the prophet SAW time??

Of course not . The one that doesnt raise the hand is hanafi mazhab. So the mosque you went probably has a lot of hanafees. They have their daleel for doing this. And if it is a weak daleel we leave it and follow the stronger daleel.

And sister, it has been quite a while since i hear from you.

mohammeduk

Salaamu'alaykum

Brother just out of interest what masjid do you go to??? Are you from uk, wer abouts?? Well from ya name i guess you are.

This link explains the correct way of praying, the salaf/saudi way for both brothers and sisters, as the the Prophet :saw: said: “Pray as you have seen me pray,” (Bukhari) (Both men and women)

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10226

http://www.turntoislam.com/index.php?page=pray

ma'salaam

Salam Sis,

Thanks for your reply and info

Am from Manchester (UK), I belong to jamati mosque, we have some arabs coming to our mosque and they pray a bit different.

wa asalam

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
:salam2:

brother alkathiri, regarding Al Albani's book, well we are not here to judge the Shaikhs opinions, Allah knows the best.
And in that book Al Albani also shows some moviments of the prayer that the Prophet :saw: used to do in different ways: basically sometimes in a way and sometimes in another way. Since our Prophet :saw: was an human being too.

We have always to follow what we don't have doubts about, and Allah knows best! :hijabi:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

brother alkathiri, regarding Al Albani's book, well we are not here to judge the Shaikhs opinions, Allah knows the best.
And in that book Al Albani also shows some moviments of the prayer that the Prophet :saw: used to do in different ways: basically sometimes in a way and sometimes in another way. Since our Prophet :saw: was an human being too.

We have always to follow what we don't have doubts about, and Allah knows best! :hijabi:

Sister, i am not judjing Sheikh Albani.
i have respect for sheikh Albani rahimahuAllah

i wont argue with you over this. :shymuslima1:

NAVEED

Assalamoalikum

Although I brought up as hanafi fiqh follower, but some years ago after reading one of the greatest scholar of 20th century book, about how holy prophet PBUH prayed, I started raising my hands before and after rukooh. I attends a salafi mosque( cranford,west London ) and I love the way they pray, specially the khushoo in rukooh and sujood.

JazakAllah.

Assalamoalikum.

Munaqaba23

Small differences

Assalamu alaikum

Sisters and brothers, remember that these small differences in the prayer don't mean that someone is doing something wrong.
There are compulsory things which we have to do in the prayer, so that it would be accepted, insha Allah.
And then there are other, sunnah things, which are better to do also. BUT it doesn't mean that the salah is not accepted, if you don't do those things.
One of those things is raising the hands in rukoo.

Of course we should try to pray as Prophet :saw: has prayed. But we don't have to change the masjid just because someone is raising the hands and other one is not. The Prophet :saw: himself has prayed on a different way sometimes. That's why we also know many acceptable ways to perform salah.

Myself, I have learned to pray in a way, that I raise the hands in rukoo. But, my husband has learned not to raise the hands. Still, we do the prayers together. Wouldn't it be ridiculous that we pray in different rooms or at different times?! :)

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
Assalamu alaikum

Sisters and brothers, remember that these small differences in the prayer don't mean that someone is doing something wrong.
There are compulsory things which we have to do in the prayer, so that it would be accepted, insha Allah.
And then there are other, sunnah things, which are better to do also. BUT it doesn't mean that the salah is not accepted, if you don't do those things.
One of those things is raising the hands in rukoo.

Of course we should try to pray as Prophet :saw: has prayed. But we don't have to change the masjid just because someone is raising the hands and other one is not. The Prophet :saw: himself has prayed on a different way sometimes. That's why we also know many acceptable ways to perform salah.

Myself, I have learned to pray in a way, that I raise the hands in rukoo. But, my husband has learned not to raise the hands. Still, we do the prayers together. Wouldn't it be ridiculous that we pray in different rooms or at different times?! :)

salaam alikom

Jazaaaki Allah Khair u said the righ thing people just start argue things they dont know about then need to go and ask scholars....

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

so we *differ* on how to pray too???

la hawla wala qowta illa billah!

now that i'm completely confused and worried..i will have to sit down and read about 5 different links to figure out which prayer is the one that is more correct

May Allah Help Us by Ending Our Differences!

Noor to shine

:salam2: brothers and sisters
Even at the time of the prophet people differ in their understanding to what the prophet :saw2: say ..... the differance in understanding is something natural and human but the way we deal with our differances should be in islamic polite humble manner ......The scholars of Islam differ through history each had some different opinions ......So I sugest that we never make this a big issue ....each of us should study and search for the more correct opinion but we should deal with each other in a brotherly friendly way......we should never feel that we are superior among others ......but we search and argue within the spirit of Islam .....humbleness, sincerity, fear of Allah swt.........The problem is not in our differances but in the manner we deal with them ......(the problem is with our arrogance and selfestimate)......The problem that is weaken the Umma is that we can`t come together because of our ignorance how to have an Islamic conduct not in the diffrerances. and Allah knows best

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
salaam alikom

I lived all my live in Saudi , would like really know what u mean by u just said that its worse in mecca ? what do u mean by this !

The mecca is the place where you get hanbalis, hanafis, shafiis , and malikis and other different styles of praying. Dont you agree?