salam aleikum

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy

Dear brothers and sisters, i turn to you all here for some opinions or some advices...

I feel very sad these days because i realised that the more muslim i becamed i cant keep a close relation with my christian famelly anymore, i try and try to be close but is so hard to speek with them about my life, since many of my joys are conected with islam, alhamdullilah.

My question is, i do something bad by keeping distance from them ?

If someone alse whould put this post i whould know how to answer, but is so hard to see the persons that you where so close for 24 years turning sad and also angry for my new life when i am so happy in fact.... i feel i need refreshments and who alse to turn then here ..
inchallah

ps: i received my muslimah certificat, alhamdullilah :)

may Allah help us all, ameen

:salam2:

Ershad

:wasalam:

Allah (Glorified and Exalted be He) orders children to be dutiful to their parents, even if they are non-Muslim. However, they should not obey them in disobedience to Allah; they should not love them (because they are disbelievers and Muslims can not love the disbelievers even if they are their relatives).
Allah (Exalted be He) says, And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years - give thanks to Me and to your parents. Unto Me is the final destination. But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not; but behave with them in the world kindly, and follow the path of him who turns to Me in repentance and in obedience. (Surah Luqman 31:14-15)

Allah (Exalted be He) also says, You (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) will not find any people who believe in Allâh and the Last Day, making friendship with those who oppose Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم), even though they were their fathers or their sons. [Surah Mujadalah 58:22]
A person should do good to his non-Muslim parents by supporting them if they are poor, kind treatment, and calling them to Islam. However, when they pass away, only their non-Muslim relatives inherit them for the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, Neither a disbeliever inherits from a Muslim, nor a Muslim from a disbeliever [Al-Tirmidhi].

May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.

Source: http://www.alifta.org/Fatawa/FatawaChapters.aspx?View=Page&PageID=9935&PageNo=1&BookID=7

saifkhan

abd-Allah
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy

Dear brothers and sisters, i turn to you all here for some opinions or some advices...

I feel very sad these days because i realised that the more muslim i becamed i cant keep a close relation with my christian famelly anymore, i try and try to be close but is so hard to speek with them about my life, since many of my joys are conected with islam, alhamdullilah.

My question is, i do something bad by keeping distance from them ?

If someone alse whould put this post i whould know how to answer, but is so hard to see the persons that you where so close for 24 years turning sad for my new life when i am so happy in fact.... i feel i need refreshments and who alse to turn then here ..
inchallah

ps: i received my muslimah certificat, alhamdullilah :)

wa 'alaykum salam warahamtu-llahi w abarakatuhu

I hope you are in the best state of Eeman and health, insha Allah

I can totally understand your situation, because although i belong to a muslim family, i couldn't find any non muslim member in my atleast 5th generations (not only my family, all branches of family, like paternal, maternal, every branch), and also no one in my whole 14th generation has turned away or converted to other religion or even a member who is a revert member.

but you know, i don't find Islam. they are far far away from the deen, and some are indulged into shirk, kufr, no prayer at all......ans so on.

do you think, we are happy, being born-muslim? No sister. the same feelings that you've got, we have too.

[by 'we' I didnt mean everyone, but most cases i guess]

alhamdu li Allah we are guided and we shouldn't pass a single time without thanking and praising Allah, alhamdu li Allah. but our religion, deen al haqq, Islam, is not monk religion. we have to care for our people too. our family first, then relatives, then area, then city and so on......

O ye who believe! Save yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is Men and Stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who flinch not (from executing) the Commands they receive from God, but do (precisely) what they are commanded. [Holy Quran: Tahrim 66: 6]

again we are not in a position to compromise our religion in any chance, so when we face difficulties in terms of our religious sentiment.

for you the case is worst because, your family members are non-muslims.

what I can suggest, pray from your deep inside heart for them, and behave with them good, as far as you can.

but the absolute solution could be, get married and implement Islam in your upcoming family in every sphere of your life. and even then you can visit your family to make dawah and to educate them.(don't think like if you get married, you are getting far from them, you are far from them the day you became muslim and as you stated being in a same family you are different)

I know it is sad, but the more harsh part is they don't care what you are or what you want to say.

i don't know, but this is what i can suggest you, this is what i feel and believe
no offence to your family members.

if i said something wrong, please forgive me, it is just opinion, my opinion.

may Allah make it easy for you
may Allah protect you and your eeman

barakAllahu feekum

wassalam 'alayka

Tomtom

Banned
Wa Alaikkum As'alaam

These verses came to mind and probably is related to your predicament.

Muhsin Khan
Many of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) wish that if they could turn you away as disbelievers after you have believed, out of envy from their ownselves, even, after the truth (that Muhammad Peace be upon him is Allah's Messenger) has become manifest unto them. But forgive and overlook, till Allah brings His Command. Verily, Allah is Able to do all things. 2:109

Many of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) wish that if they could turn you away as disbelievers after you have believed, out of envy from their ownselves, even, after the truth (that Muhammad Peace be upon him is Allah's Messenger) has become manifest unto them. But forgive and overlook, till Allah brings His Command. Verily, Allah is Able to do all things. 3:28

(Remember) when the young men fled for refuge (from their disbelieving folk) to the Cave, they said: "Our Lord! Bestow on us mercy from Yourself, and facilitate for us our affair in the right way!" 18:10

Allah sets forth an example for those who disbelieve, the wife of Nuh (Noah) and the wife of Lout (Lot). They were under two of our righteous slaves, but they both betrayed their (husbands by rejecting their doctrine) so they [Nuh (Noah) and Lout (Lot) ] benefited them (their respective wives) not, against Allah, and it was said: "Enter the Fire along with those who enter!" 66:10

Congratulations for receiving your certificate and may Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala guide us all. Ameen.

a_stranger

:salam2: wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuh.

Dear sister, I am very happy for you, may Allah subhanahu wa taaala keep the taste of Iman sweat in our hearts. Your words increase my Iman ........the first thing we should do is to keep our ties with our creator strong ......we should do our best to please Allah subhanahu wa taaala......but I think a good relation with your family might help you to make teachings of Islam clear to them . I know it is not easy but it is not our duty to open hearts of people and put faith in them ......all we can do is to say a nice word, help them in any way we can......make duaa for them.....I pray that Allah help you to make a good muslem family and guide all your family.....
:wasalam:

Hajjerr

salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

Thank you so much for your replys, alhamdullilah, all the words that i read from you are very close to my heart. :SMILY252:

Even if i love them and i wish all things where different, i love islam too much and all i want is a close life to Allah and to all His wonderfull teachings.
I pray things get better or at least to not deteriorate more..

May Allah help us and guide us, ameen and inchallah we will all be gathered in the most beautifull place and gardens.

MuslimShadow

Assalamu alaikum

Congratulations on receiving the certificate.:):)

lovely sis,just make sure that they know you still love them very much......

Hajjerr

salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

Thank you for your time in replys, i was reading also this:....regarding all around us and our conscience:

“…why then did they not believe with humility? But their hearts became hardened, and Satan made fair seeming to them that which they used to do.” (Quran 6:43)

“Have they not traversed through the land, and have they heart with which they perceive, or ears with which they hear? Indeed it is not the sight which is blinded, but rather what is blinded is the hearts which are in the breasts.” (Quran 22:46)

The heart can be used as a guide, in conjunction with the intellect and revelation, in order to ease the search for the truth. The heart of one who is searching for the truth is indeed one which is alive, for it is this life and yearning which causes them to search for it. This type of person will never find peace at heart in any other religion except the religion which God ordained for humanity, and as long as their yearning for the truth exists, their conscience will continue to bother them until they find the true religion of God. Indeed if the person is sincere, God will guide them to the truth:

“And those who desire Guidance, He (God) will increase them in Guidance, and inspire them with [the way to] piety.” (Quran 47:17)

http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/306/

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
asalaam aleykum.

An-Nawwas bin Sam’aan reported that Prophet Muhammad said:

Righteousness is good character,
and sin is whatever bothers you
and you do not want people to know
.”
(Saheeh Muslim)