SALAM do help me out

AISHA14

allah is my lord
salmmualikum
well i have a question when younger sisters do mistakes and when the elder sister slap them or punish them for there mistakes ,so are the elders punished by allah to hurt them or to punish the small one ,and are the young sisters having the right to punish elders if they are wrong .....because many young sisters say that allah will punish you for slapping me and hurting me....................
so whats your opinion

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
well .. I think it depends on the situation, if you have a good reason, and you first warn, and still same mistake going on, you may punish but to not exceed the limit.. I say these because even between wife & husband there is a rule and limit as a punishment.. We should be careful and we should consider to not harm them physically and also psycologically..

q8penpals

Salam

I have to say, I seem to think there are WAY too many questions regarding the permissability of hitting people! Cousins, siblings, spouses, non-Muslims!

How about we all work to actually settle our differences instead of resorting to violence?!

Why would you, poster, as an elder sibling, be hitting your younger siblings? What kind of example are you setting for the younger ones? And if children need to be disciplined, it should be from teh parents anyway!

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

First of all, I want to point out that slapping on the face isn't allowed in any circumstance.

Al Bukhari, Book 032, Number 6324:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: When any one of you fights with his brother, he should not slap at the face.

Al-Haafiz said: “This prohibition also includes all those who are struck for the purpose of hadd or ta’zeer punishments or discipline.

According to the hadeeth narrated by Abu Bakrah and others, which was recorded by Abu Dawood and others, about the woman who had committed adultery, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded that she should be stoned to death, and said, ‘Stone her, but avoid the face.’ (Narrated by Abu Dawood, 4/152)

Supported by the hadeeth of Suwayd ibn Maqran al-Sahaabi, that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw a man slap a slave (or a boy) in the face, and he said, “Do you not know that the face is inviolate?” (Muslim, 3/1280).

Therefore, brothers and sisters dont strike any of your siblings in the face no matter how angry you are or how severe the mistake is.

And I agree with sister q8penpals that we shouldnt resort to use to physical beatings in order to discipline a younger sibling. We should correct them by reasoning with them and with affection. If they persist to disobey, then inform your parents and try to avoid beating them as much as you can.

I think it's safe to say that 80-90% of a physical strike from a person towards his sibling is more due to the fact that the person is 'irritated/frustrated/venting out anger' rather than with the purpose of correcting the sibling.

Also in my opinion, often younger sibling perceive beating as a way that their elder brother/sister are abusing their seniority in age. Rarely do we see, a young one mending his ways just because he was hit by his elder brother/sister.

And even if the sibling does correct his/her ways, it would be for a small period of time out of fear and he/she would eventually resort to his/her usual behavior when their elder brother/sister aren't around.

And don't forget the most important weapon when correcting your young sibling, making dua'a for them. :) Because Allah swt is the one who grants hidayah and softens the hearts. :)

I hope my post was helpful.

:wasalam: