Salam!

britney8786

Hello everyone! My name is Britney. I am from the US and have a son that is 6 years old. I recently converted to Islam. ( Allah u Akbar! ) I grew up Christian...mostly in a Nazarene Church. For the better part of my adult life I have been very active in church. Everything from helping in the children's church to attending small group studies. I have always felt the need to be close to God threw worship, prayer, and scripture.

About two years ago I met a neighbor who told be that he was Muslim. We frequently talked about the difference's between Islam and Christianity. But as time past I never acted on the many questions and feelings that I was starting to have. Growing up as a Christian I was always told not to doubt. That if you questioned anything that was written in the Bible, then you were practically sining against God.

About a year went by and my feelings and confusion only grew. I was praying that God would take those feelings from me and that he would show me the truth. One night my neighbor and now my only Muslim friend, and I were having one of our very many talks, when he said, " Why would searching for God ever be a sin? It doesn't make sense." I knew at that moment that God was speaking to me threw him.

I started actually researching the Bible, not just reading it. I was shocked at how many scriptures I found that conflicted with one another. I was amazed to find a scripture that had actually been added! And my NIV Study Bible even said so! (in the foot notes) With each question and conversation I was having with not only my friend at this time, but other Christians... God was guiding me to the truth!

After a few months of this intense biblical study, praying, and now doing more research than ever about Islam, my choice to convert was just around the corner. I began to read the Quran more and more, and soon feel in love with it. I researched all the miracles of the Quran, became familar with stories about a new prophet that I had never known, and so much more.

I had just so happened to have a Monday off of work a short time later and decieded to spend some time reading the Quran. I realized that this was going to be the day to change my life. I prepaired my self to pray and feel on my knees before God. Expressing all my worries and fears, but also my excitment and joy! I expressed that I did believe that He was and is the One and Only God, and that I believed Muhammed (peace and blessings be upon him) was his final messanger. It was a moment like I have never had in my life. El Humdollelah!

Since that day my life has changed. It's been just a short time ago, but God has renewed me in such a way that it brings tears to my eyes. He has given me a new begining. One that I will use to bring Him all the Honnor and Praise I can give...

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I started actually researching the Bible, not just reading it. I was shocked at how many scriptures I found that conflicted with one another. I was amazed to find a scripture that had actually been added! And my NIV Study Bible even said so! (in the foot notes) With each question and conversation I was having with not only my friend at this time, but other Christians... God was guiding me to the truth!

After a few months of this intense biblical study, praying, and now doing more research than ever about Islam, my choice to convert was just around the corner. I began to read the Quran more and more, and soon feel in love with it. I researched all the miracles of the Quran, became familar with stories about a new prophet that I had never known, and so much more.

MashAllah sister, now everyday we hearing about new reverts in TTI. Allah has been showering his mercy and blessings to all of us.

What you said above is very true...if people of other scriptures start to do research and not just reading it and at the same time compare with the Holy Qur'an, I'm sure more will embrace Islam with Allah's mercy.

Sanaa01

Muslima
Asalamo Alaikom

Welcome to TTI

Alhamdolillah Allah is great congratulations sister on your conversion may Allah bless you and keep you guided ameen

Wa'alaikom Asalam

shasha

Muslimah
MashAllah. :)

I am a convert, too. I can feel your happiness. Congratulations on finding the right path.

Salam :hijabi:

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Asslm u Alaikum wr wb,

Allaho Akbar...Congratulation. :hearts::hearts:

Very welcome to Islam and welcome to the forums.

Wa Alaikum Salam

fowziya

May Allah give you more blessing. Welcome to islam, being a muslim is one of the best gift that Allah has given us. I am so happy for you sister and very proud of you for searching, that has brought you to the light. Masha Allah

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Hello everyone! My name is Britney. I am from the US and have a son that is 6 years old. I recently converted to Islam. ( Allah u Akbar! ) I grew up Christian...mostly in a Nazarene Church. For the better part of my adult life I have been very active in church. Everything from helping in the children's church to attending small group studies. I have always felt the need to be close to God threw worship, prayer, and scripture.

About two years ago I met a neighbor who told be that he was Muslim. We frequently talked about the difference's between Islam and Christianity. But as time past I never acted on the many questions and feelings that I was starting to have. Growing up as a Christian I was always told not to doubt. That if you questioned anything that was written in the Bible, then you were practically sining against God.

About a year went by and my feelings and confusion only grew. I was praying that God would take those feelings from me and that he would show me the truth. One night my neighbor and now my only Muslim friend, and I were having one of our very many talks, when he said, " Why would searching for God ever be a sin? It doesn't make sense." I knew at that moment that God was speaking to me threw him.

I had just so happened to have a Monday off of work a short time later and decieded to spend some time reading the Quran. I realized that this was going to be the day to change my life. I prepaired my self to pray and feel on my knees before God. Expressing all my worries and fears, but also my excitment and joy! I expressed that I did believe that He was and is the One and Only God, and that I believed Muhammed (peace and blessings be upon him) was his final messanger. It was a moment like I have never had in my life. El Humdollelah!

Since that day my life has changed. It's been just a short time ago, but God has renewed me in such a way that it brings tears to my eyes. He has given me a new begining. One that I will use to bring Him all the Honnor and Praise I can give...

:salam2: Sister,

A very Warm Welcome :)

Welcome to TTI.

I would request you to go through the most important issues in Islaam.
Issues like Tawheed, Shirk, Aqeedah and Manhaj. If you have not read them already.

Below is the link of these important articles

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15

:wasalam:

Nurain

Assalamu alaykum sister Britney, welcome to Islam and TTI. Islam = submission to the will of God, as what you have been doing.. alhamdu lillaah.. may your 6 year old child grow to be pious like the mommy in sha Allaah... :)

ruki4eva

Muslim Unity...
:salam2: sister britney
MashaAllah welcome to islam and to TTI
hope you benefit form the site
enjoy your stay :)
:wasalam:

IslamicGirl24

Wa alaykumus Salam sister.
Welcome to Islam..:hearts:. MashaAllah, you have a very inspiring story.
May Allah swt bless you. Ameen.

Welcome to TTI..:)

assyuara

Assalamualaikum Sis!!

Masha Allah. Sometimes i feel guilty and shameful because our new Muslim Sisters and brothers have stronger faith than what ive got. Allah!

Alhamdulillah dear sister. We are your brothers and sisters in Islam. Islam unite us all irregardless of race and skin colour. Welcome to way of truth. =)

Salaam,
your sister from spore
Aisyah. :blackhijab:

IslamIsTheFuture

알라후 아크바르-Allah Akbar
Salam Alekum
Welcome to ISLAM and TTI sister... May u benefit from this site InshAllah.. :) Alhamdulillah happy to have u here as a sister in Islam :)
Enjoy ur stay :D