Saudi family to take Jinn to court for harassment

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

want to fear and smile a little? Read this:

A family in Saudi Arabia is taking a "genie" to court, accusing it of theft and harassment, reports say.

They accuse the spirit of threatening them, throwing stones and stealing mobile phones, Al Watan newspaper said.

The family have lived in the same house near the city of Medina for 15 years but say they only recently became aware of the spirit. They have now moved out.

A local court is investigating. In Islamic theology, genies are spirits that can harass or possess humans.

'Get out of the house'

"We began to hear strange sounds," the head of the family, who come from Mahd Al Dahab, told the Saudi daily. He did not want to be named.

"At first we did not take it seriously, but then stranger things started to happen and the children got particularly scared when the genie started throwing stones."

He added: "A woman spoke to me first, and then a man. They said we should get out of the house."

A local court says it is trying to verify the truthfulness of the claims "despite the difficulty" of doing so.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8145862.stm

Al-bint

Smile! It's Sunnah!
salaam alaikum,
Can dey actually imprison the jinns if the court finds that the family's claim was true....
or nething else?? none the less quite humorous!!
some yrs back it happened in our house too bt alhamdullilah without involment of law he went away..........

GAZIJA

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum

Do not waste time on these ridiculous things. News like this are like Hollywood movies:SMILY335:

Brother do not waste your time on this. Post things that will educate people on this forum.

assalamu aleykum

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
I guess all the court could do, is put the Genie back in the bottle.....
how funny to sue a jinn, how would you know if he was in court????

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
This site doesn't like humor, nor do they want you to look at anything that is going on in the world around you.

"If you don't fit into this mould, shame on you....." sad really

aroojimran

Plz stop mud slingging here....

Assalamualykum Brother[

Plz dont take the words of some brothers so seriously..I know u have just posted something for information sake,but may be titled it such that it didnt appease some members here..

I request all brothers and sisters here not to underestimate anybody by such derogatory remarks...Itz in no way the nature of a True muslim

You take care..

:wasalam:/COLOR]

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
See?? All things good or bad can be beneficial. It makes people think and look up stuff, and that is what we are commanded to do, seek knowledge.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
lol I'd be surprised if anyone reverted to Islam after this...

Seriously though, I know today's Ummah has definitely come a long way since the ways of the Sahaba but THIS is just RIDICULOUS! How is anyone supposed to take us seriously if we do retarded things like this? Taking a jinn to court? Are you serious? What's it supposed to do if it's found guilty? File an appeal? Lol

And the fact that it's on BBC just makes everything oh so BETTER...ughhhh sometimes the actions of my fellow muslims frustrate me so! :(

LoveofAllah

Salam alaikum,

Some people made very rude remarks and it disspoints me. Take it easy, it wasnt meant to harm anyone. nothing will happen to you if you read something funny. If you have something rude to say, PM the person.

zbhotto

Banned
Forget about this

We should not listen to the stories.
We believe Allah (SWT) allows miracle to happen by some AWOLIA's of ISLAM. Proof companions of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

But AWOLIA'S of SHAITAN also show some magic with the help of Devil's.

Jin has no power to harm human beings.

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

I think it would be funny if it weren't true. Even allowing the case to be put before a court makes Muslims look backwards and foolish. We once had one of the most educated people in the world, science, astronomy and mathematics sprang from the minds of the Muslim scholars. While they were burning books and innocent people as "witches" in the West, the Muslims were perserving and writing some of the greatest books in the East. They were providing safe havens to those who did not cede their knowledge to superstitions and beliefs in a flat earth.

Now? Now we have judges allowing frivilous and ridiculous law suits to be brought forward, as if they should even be considered legitimate. On another board I am trying to convince these people that Muslims are not all the same, we have stupid Muslims and brilliant Muslims. They are shocked that a supposedly educated judicial system would even allow a case like this to come forward. Frankly so am I. We really need to start cleaning up our own backyard and educating our ummah again. It's a travesty how ignorant some of our fellow Muslims have become.

Wasalaam

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
There is a whiff of over-reporting and over-reacting in this story.

After all 40% of people in a "1st world" and generally secular country believe in "spirits" ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/684227.stm

And we in Islam believe that Jinn do exist. I'd welcome anyone who doesn't agree to provide an evidence to the contrary.

I suspect the problem is just a technicality. There simply isn't a clause in the Saudi law to prevent someone from suing a "spirit". The case may simply not have a precedent. I would not be surprised if the same loophole exists in UK laws.

It certainly reflects a degree of ignorance of the person who brought the case forward, but then such people exist everywhere.

Not that I'm trying to downplay our nation's problems, but we should nto allow the media to set our agenda.

Addendum

I've just found a case where a US senator tried to sue God !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7673591.stm

Note how the case was thrown out because of lack of "defendant address" ... not because of absurdity !

Laws and bureaucracy can be very rigid and sometimes stupid.