Sh Saleh Al Fawzan - Suicide Attack is inspired by the devil & is not 'jihad'

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

Saudi cleric sees 'devil' behind suicide attacks

RIYADH - A top Saudi cleric has slammed suicide attacks by Islamist martyrdom-seekers as devilish acts that do not qualify as jihad, a Saudi newspaper reported on Friday.

"He (a suicide bomber) claims to be a mujahed (holy warrier) in the name of Allah, but he is not. He is fighting in the name of the devil who has tempted him and convinced him" to carry out the attack, said Sheikh Saleh al-Fawzan.

"A Muslim is prohibited from killing himself," the member of the Saudi supreme council of Islamic scholars said in a lecture in Riyadh, according to Asharq Al-Awsat newspaper.

He said acts of violence branded as jihad, or Muslim holy war, were nothing more than "sabotage."

"This is not jihad. This is sabotage and unrightful killing," the cleric said, adding that jihad in Islam should only be declared by the leader of the Muslim community.

"Jihad has rules and regulations. It should be called for by the leader of the Muslims," he said.

Martyrs in the Islamic faith are promised generous rewards in paradise.

Fawzan also condemned the New Year's Day bombing of a Coptic church in Alexandria, Egypt that killed 21 churchgoers, slamming it as an act of "treachery."

The newspaper termed his condemnation of suicide attacks as unprecedented in a country which was home to 15 out of the 19 hijackers of the passenger planes used in the September 11, 2001 attacks on the United States.

Link :- http://en.news.maktoob.com/20090000544904/Saudiclericsees_devil_behindsuicideattacks/Article.htm

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

We should have threads like these in the news section as they are important in clarifying misconceptions about our beautiful religion to our non muslim friends and visitors.

Islam is against the killing of innocent human beings (including non muslims) and also against people taking their own lives (or suicide).

As muslims, we wholeheartedly condemn the atrocious acts of killing civilians in Alexandrian Coptic Church in Egypt, regardless of who carried out the act of mass murder and terror, be it muslim or non muslim.

This thread can be eventually moved to 'misconception about Islam' subforum.

Wasalaamalaykum

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
May Allah guide this "soo" called imaam..aameen

:wasalam:

May Allah guide us all. Ameen.

Sh Fawzan is not a so called Imam/Shaykh. It is rather from your ignorance about him that leads you to make such a statement. As laymen we should learn about our deen from the knowledgeable and pious. And Sh Fawzan is among them from our time.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmtullah wa barakatuhu

Jazzak allah khair dear brother for very important remainder. All Muslims should condemn these kind of actions, which do not find a foothold in Islamic teachings and which are strictly prohibited in Islaam.

May Allah reword Shaykh Saleh Al Fawzan for his efforts and good deeds towards teaching of Islaam, and passing its truthful message in its pure form according to Quran and Sunnah, how it should be done Allhamdullilah.

May Allah guide us all. Ameen summa ameen

Wa allaicumu Sallam wa rahamtullah wa barakatuhu

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
You dont even come near the Shaykhs toe and your saying he`s a so called Imaam. You should call him up and apologize to him.

Asalamu allaicum wa raahmtullah wa barakatuhu

Dear brother before judgeing others, we should start with ourselves, and correct our own mistakes and ask forgivness from Allah.

Maybe there is also someone who you should call and apologise to him or her insha-allah first, and then we should advice others to do the same.

And Allah knows the best

May Allah guide us all. Ameen

EDIT: I apologise for changeing direction of the thread, but for some reason I thought it was important to mention it.

Wa allaicumu salam wa raahmtullah wa barakatuhu

Seeker-of-truth

this is all very true but do we actually need this to be announced publicly before we actually notice that suicide bombing is haraam? I think its clearly obvious to any human being that suicide is haraam and suiciding whilst taking other innocent people with you is worse. May allaah guide us all

Ibn Uthaymin

Asalamu allaicum wa raahmtullah wa barakatuhu

Dear brother before judgeing others, we should start with ourselves, and correct our own mistakes and ask forgivness from Allah.

Maybe there is also someone who you should call and apologise to him or her insha-allah first, and then we should advice others to do the same.

And Allah knows the best

May Allah guide us all. Ameen

EDIT: I apologise for changeing direction of the thread, but for some reason I thought it was important to mention it.

Wa allaicumu salam wa raahmtullah wa barakatuhu

Im not judging him, i also don`t come even near the toes of the scholars. You might disagree with scholars but you have to give them respect!

this is all very true but do we actually need this to be announced publicly before we actually notice that suicide bombing is haraam? I think its clearly obvious to any human being that suicide is haraam and suiciding whilst taking other innocent people with you is worse. May allaah guide us all

Some think its allowed. And give faatawaa encouraging it.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Im not judging him, i also don`t come even near the toes of the scholars. You might disagree with scholars but you have to give them respect!

Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Allhamdullilah dear brother, yes you have to respect Schoolars of Islaam, but you also have to respect you sister in Islaam, and brothers in Islaam also.

And Allah knows the best

Wa Allaicumu Sallam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu`alaykum

Well even you need to be guided so I would pray for you.

Wa allaicumu Sallam wa raahmtullah wa baraaktuhu

Insha-allah dear brother pray for yourself also, for him, and all Muslims.

May Allah accept your prayers.Amin

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmtullah wa baraaktuhu

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Wa allaicumu Sallam wa raahmtullah wa baraaktuhu

Insha-allah dear brother pray for yourself also, for him, and all Muslims.

May Allah accept your prayers.Amin

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmtullah wa baraaktuhu

Yes i've been doing that

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

You would be amazed to know how many non muslims think that spilling non muslim blood is allowed/encouraged in Islam. So yes, such threads are important on TTI as we have many non registered non muslim guests who want to know the Islamic stance on such acts of terror.

And from the responses that I have read to this read, it seems that even some muslims are deceived by well spoken convincing orators such as Anwar Al Awlaqi who doesn't see anything wrong in spilling of innocent blood.

May Allah azz zawajal guide us. Ameen

justoneofmillion

:salam2:Spilling innocents blood is wrong,and there is no excuse for it,Women,children and elderly are not to be harmed!We have values and we don't have to sink that low,since when has it become a virtue to imitate the Kuffar in their madness?,technology and science would be better fields to explore.We are down here between hell and heaven in order to protect humanity and try to deliver the message further and change the world for the better.It is subject to Allah swt wisdom to give power and might to whom he wishes.

Frankly when it comes to Palestine though besides stressing that it is wrong,every Muslim scholar and Muslim individual should use all resources they might have in their hands to offer an alternative.The resources in every form and nature(Intellectual,financial,juridical,Human..etc) are there we are just not using them in the most effective manner.

Fact is that the issue is quite messy and fairly to be described as intricate over there.While my words might condemn such acts but to tell you the truth and avoid my condemnation from assuming a hypocritical tone, I personally don't know what I would do if I had my child murdered,my mother and father humiliated in front of my eyes..etc,really.. .

I think pretty much everyone one of us can to some extent relate to the amount of rage and emotional state of mind the brothers and sisters are experiencing over there.

In the end Allah swt knows best may he ease the affairs of all Muslims and guide us towards what is just and rightoeus through patience and hope.

Ibn Uthaymin

Anwar Awlakee`s comments are in general. And they are correct. However, he never mentioned Shaykh Al Ubaykaan or Shaykh Aal As Shaykh as being from these misguided scholars. The person who made the video and put in all the images is misguiding people. He pictures Shaykh Abdulla Azzam and Shaykh Ahmad Yaasin on the right, and other scholars on the wrong.

Its well known the Mutazilla rulers had paid scholars. And the classical scholars spoke about this. But you cant say the Saudi scholars are like this.

May Allah rectify our affairs.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Allah is on the right and on Truth,and His Messanger sallahu alayha wa saalam is on the right and on the Truth. We should trust only to truthfull Schoolars who are talking about Islaam from Quraan and Sunnah only.

And more importante from which Schoolar is correct is our behaviour toward other Muslims,and use of our words toward other Muslims.

May Allah guide us all,

:wasalam:

Shishani

Staff member
Assalamu alaykum.

Before someone shows his ignorance by saying that "why condemn this, and not what the disbelievers do?", a little advice:​

- Condemning haram actions of some Muslims doesn't mean that one is defending the kuffar!!! That's one.
- Two: it is because of the ignorance that this is said. Lack of knowledge about the words of these scholars. Who says they don't say anything about the oppression the filthy enemies of Islam do to Muslims?! They do talk about this (1) and everyone knows that it's oppression (2).
- And we should fear Allah and know our place. Like Umar ibn Abdul-Azeez said: "May Allah have mercy on the one who knows his place."

Allah prohibited killing mu'ahadin, musta'minin!! And it's a big sin to do. So this is a good fatwa from the Shaykh, may Allah preserve him. Killing those who live at peace with Muslims is haram and a big sin in Islam!
May Allah rectify our affairs.​