Share with me if you will

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

Inshallah all of my brothers and sisters at TTI are in good health and Iman.

You wake up early in the morning and put on your best clothes. Then its off to the masjid for prayer. You come back and have a light breakfast and afterwards the family gathers round for the sacrifice. Everyone is laughing and having a good time. Then the extended family begins to come over in groups to eat and laugh. No sooner one group leaves another group shows up at your door. The smell of grilled mutton in the air.......

So tell me what is your favorite memory from EID celebration at your house this year?

:hijabi:

rahman2040

:salam2:
got up @ 7.30am got bath,
had bf went salath @ 8.30am
then was searching fr butchar,, ful compitation here
@ last got 1 @ 1.00pm
2 sheeps were sacrified on prophit Mohammed:saw:
by my brother...
made 3 bunch in whole meet, 1 fr poor, 1 fr our relatives, 1 fr us.
head legs n intestine given seperately to relatives.
every thing went fine,,except i got
hurt on my thumb of right leg[became blueish now]
visited doctor n had needle..
now waiting for supper now 9.30pm
Hope u enjoyed...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister, this will sound bonkers but the kuthba was great. I mean, the Iman, had the sisters almost clapping in the makeshift masjid..He told us..remember the Farewell Sermon..Oh Muslim...the Prophet of Allah told Believing men..take care of your women..
and he told the sisters do not imitate the kufr object of desire...we are Believers..follow the Sunna.

I tell you what they almost had to hold me down from dancing..we clapped our hands silently and several hushed the Praises of Allah..

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
congratulations to you.I couldn't make the Eid l 'adha in Morocco because it wasn't economically possible,so my husband looked for a little he-sheep(I don't know what its name is),but he didn't find anything,so he recommended his brother in Morocco to slaughter 2 sheeps today:eek:ne for his family and one for ours and to devolve its flesh to the poors.....
I spent a good day,but in Italy it's really sad,because I have no relatives with whom to share the Eid.only my husband,my children and me.

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

Jazakallah khairan to each and every one of you for sharing your EID stories with me!

Sister Hayat84 no worries......as sister Aapa so aptly put it "you have us always". Im sorry you missed EID in Morocco as usual it was something to partake in but inshallah there is always next year for you! Im happy to hear your husbands brother was able to help you out. My husband bought a sheep for us although I didnt even know about it until AFTER it was already slaughtered! :lol: I dont have the stomach to watch that so I normally stay completely out of it and let him handle it with his father. His mother and sister dont seem to have a problem and are usually right there alongside the men of the family but Im sure thats because they have much experience with that sort of thing whereas I have NO experience!

Alhamdulillah they dont seem to mind that Im not there when the slaughter takes place and they allow me to eat the meat anyway!

saifkhan

abd-Allah
as salam 'alaykum

as I live in a non muslim country, so no udhiya and nothing that much special, moreover it was sunday, so it was quite dull and the weather was dark.

however, i was cooking and cleaning whole night before eid.
Invited country brothers, in my building, some other muslims brothers from different countries and 2 non muslims.

however, after cooking i took bath and fajr then 1 hr sleep, then woke up got ready and went to salah. then from there came back and start to prepare other foods, onw by one they start to come and it was a grand feast

we had, Fried rice, beef curry, tuna cutlet, vegetable with beef keema, egg halwa, and other drinks.

one special dish was beef Lasagne , ha ha, yummy

except the rice, everything was done my me alone :)

when everyone was full, it was hard for us to move, lol, actually not, but we were full.

we prayed dhuhr before eating and asr after eating, then waited for some while, we were having good talk, gossiping, then prayed maghrib, some left before maghrib, some after, some of them went to sleep me and other brother went to visit a family.

ate there too, had good talk and conversation, i was playing with little babies, taking care of them.

midnight i came back home, it was raining, it was nice :)

hamdu li Allah passed a really good and memorable Eid day.

i hope the non muslims would understand, although inviting them was just to introduce with Islam and muslims.

yahdi maiyashaa

however, talked with my family, they passed also good eid, hamdu li Allah

i hope everyone had good Eid

may Allah sunhanabu wa ta'la give us the tawfeeq to attend the Hajj next year
may Allah give us honor, dignity and victory

wassalamun 'alayka

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
Sis Isra,I watched only one time the sheep while it was being slaughtered and it was a bad vision for my innocent eyes.for an instant I was seeing the life of an animal passing away,I cried and ran away...but I knew that it was a thing that belonged to the muslim Ummah...from that moment,in 2009 until now,I prefere to see the sheep when it is already slaughtered,because I'm too weak to see.when I was a girl I've got traumatized by the sight of a cow bleeding from the horns..
I miss my family in Morocco,but I hope to join to them as soon as possible.I've never expected to have such a good family more than 2,000km far from my home.
Thanks a lot sis Aapa;)

Kakorot

Wa'alaykum salam.

Woke up late for eid salah, did ghusl, mother was upset with me so I went to my father's house, watched movies and ate till I felt sick.

My uncle payed for my qurbani, which is a share of a cow, that was slaughtered back home in Bangladesh.

Eid is dead boring but I think of the poor Muslims, reverts and Muslim prisoners like Babar Ahmad. So alhamdulillah.

esperanza

revert of many years
congratulations to you.I couldn't make the Eid l 'adha in Morocco because it wasn't economically possible,so my husband looked for a little he-sheep(I don't know what its name is),but he didn't find anything,so he recommended his brother in Morocco to slaughter 2 sheeps today:eek:ne for his family and one for ours and to devolve its flesh to the poors.....
I spent a good day,but in Italy it's really sad,because I have no relatives with whom to share the Eid.only my husband,my children and me.

but hamdilla you have your husband and sweet children..some sisters are living alone in this time..for them its so hard

esperanza

revert of many years
as salam 'alaykum

as I live in a non muslim country, so no udhiya and nothing that much special, moreover it was sunday, so it was quite dull and the weather was dark.

however, i was cooking and cleaning whole night before eid.
Invited country brothers, in my building, some other muslims brothers from different countries and 2 non muslims.

however, after cooking i took bath and fajr then 1 hr sleep, then woke up got ready and went to salah. then from there came back and start to prepare other foods, onw by one they start to come and it was a grand feast

we had, Fried rice, beef curry, tuna cutlet, vegetable with beef keema, egg halwa, and other drinks.

one special dish was beef Lasagne , ha ha, yummy

except the rice, everything was done my me alone :)

when everyone was full, it was hard for us to move, lol, actually not, but we were full.

we prayed dhuhr before eating and asr after eating, then waited for some while, we were having good talk, gossiping, then prayed maghrib, some left before maghrib, some after, some of them went to sleep me and other brother went to visit a family.

ate there too, had good talk and conversation, i was playing with little babies, taking care of them.

midnight i came back home, it was raining, it was nice :)

hamdu li Allah passed a really good and memorable Eid day.

i hope the non muslims would understand, although inviting them was just to introduce with Islam and muslims.

yahdi maiyashaa

however, talked with my family, they passed also good eid, hamdu li Allah

i hope everyone had good Eid

may Allah sunhanabu wa ta'la give us the tawfeeq to attend the Hajj next year
may Allah give us honor, dignity and victory

wassalamun 'alayka

mashallah brother,,
you did a great thing to invite your brothers...from your country and others and even non muslims..and even your not in a muslim country you did your best to make the eid special...may Allah bless you

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
MashAllah, this is good thread. As usual after the ghusl and Eid prayer, this time I and two brothers managed two goats on the first day (I don't know one of it was a goat or sheep) and with about 20 brothers we managed a cow on second day. In total we were involved in the qurbani of 11 goats/sheep and 11 cows at two different masjid on first day and second day of Eid.

I'm happy for two things this time, 80% of those collected the meat are foreign labourers who came from generally poor background. Unlike in previous years I hardly see meats distributed to the poor people. Second, my son dared to go as close as possible to watch our imams slaughtering goats/sheep and cows and this time all my kids enjoyed the meat cooked by my wife especially the soup.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Assalam-o-alikum, Eid Mubarak,

On Eid day we went for Eid prayers around 9 AM. The khutba was good, given by the son of a revert parents. Most American Muslims are first generation Muslims, he is MashaAllah second generation Muslim. Every time our Imam goes to Hajj our Masjid commitee selects someone to be the Imam in Eid prayer, I am glad that he was selected this time. After Salah we went to our family and friends houses who had open house at different times. Eat a lot.

For udhiya I took one share in cow back home, and reserved a goat for my wife in an Amish farm. Eid was on sunday and on sunday it is closed. So on monday I went with 4 others friends who also reserved goats over there. The farm is about 90 miles away, but I thnk it is worth it because of the nice and good looking goats. The Amish person (Mr. Freeman) is also a nice guy. Muslims have been going to his farm for nearly 7 or 8 years. So he knows about Islam, and someone gave him a copy of Quran a couple of years ago in German language (because most Amish are originally from Germany and they still speak German). I believe he is still reading it. He always has a smile on his face and is a honest and a perfect gentle man, he has a long beard and shaved mustache. If he just changes his dress he will look like wonderful Muslim. I prayed for him that may Allah guide him towards Islam. Ameen.

:wasalam:

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

Jazakallah khairan for the new stories of your EID adventures! I am enjoying your experiences so much Alhamdulillah!

Brother Munawar I will put that Amish man in my dua. May Allah guide him. Ameen. Im not sure where Canton Michigan is but I was born, raised and lived most of my life near Detroit so we could have been neighbors without even knowing it! Alhamdulillah!

Sister Hayat84 you are so precious sister I swear! I was laughing so hard at your story about witnessing the slaughter for the first time. Really you are such a sweet person. May Allah bless you and your family sister Ameen.

esperanza

revert of many years
assalam alaykum

my eid ws spent in an islamic country hamdilla
but depsite this some things were missing,,
my husband and sons went to the eid prayer.. but for some reason women ehre tend not to go unlike other countries

also the family did not slaughter a sheep only paid money to the places which will distribute to the pooor

when my husbands fahter is around( he lives part of year in lebanon) the family will gather to slaughter a sheep

but sadly there is disunity among my husband and his brothers..which is sad,,they mey intheir uncles hosue and greeted each other ..so thats it..nothing more
#
so although i live in a muslim country and community and my husbands family are here,,, there is something important missing,,,

we visited some family members,,,and had some visitors,,,
but inoticed the difference when we visit the village in lebanon where everyones house is open

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
:salam2: i fasted with one day before and on Eid i did my prayers and in evening i spended some time reading and watching the life of Prophet Abraham s.a. i also received some nice mesages from muslims far away and enjoyed the ones from here. :hijabi: :salam2:

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

Alhamduli-Allaah, had a great day. Waked up before fajr, took a bath, went to pray fajr, came back got ready and set off to my grandfather's place near dhaka city (just 30 to 45 mins drive). Though my grandfather is not here anymore nor my grandmother, my father and all his brothers still do the Eids together, do the Qurbani together. Went there, prayed salah, came back, watched the Qurbani. Then had some food. Then after dzuhr prayer came back home and was alone for a while, as my parents were still there because they had to take care of the meat and all. Then after Isha, went out to eat with a brother, had some rolls and burgers. Then the day after went to my maternal grandfather's place after dzuhr and spent time with my maternal relatives had great foods, came back late. Had a very calm, good and peaceful time. Masha Allaah.

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

Jazakallah khairan for the new additions! Im so happy to hear most everyone had a peaceful and calm EID.

Sister Esperanza Im so sorry to hear of the troubles between your husbands family and I will include them in my dua! You hang in there sis! Prayer makes all the difference!

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Jazzak Allah khair dear sister for sharing with us this thread and allowing us to read the experiences of other brothers and sisters for Eid Mashallah.

Alhadmulillah my day this Eid has passed very good and happy for me.:) First, day before Eid I fasted for day of Arafah and helped my mum in cooking and prepearing diffrent dishes, especially cakes and sweets.

On The Eid morning I got up early, made Ghusl and pray Fajr salah and waited my father and my uncle on door to go in Masjid to pray Eid salah. Untill father did not come back from Masjid, we cleaned more our house and waited for guests to come. MashAllah, our home was full of guests and we have collected this year a loot of Qurbans.I pray to Allah that so many Qurbans were also given the most to poor Muslims.

As we got late with slughetering of Qurban, we went to share Qurbans after Maghrib,and Alhadmulillah it is always happinees and blessing of Allah to congratulate Eid to other Muslims and share Qurban for the sake of Allah,especially to those Muslims who are poor and are living hard lifes. After Maghrib salah I was sitting with my sisters and our cousins, we were talking and signing some traditional Eid songs, Alhadmulillah.

I pray to Allah that all Muslims spent happy and blessed Eid,and I pray to Allah that He help my Muslim brothers and sisters who are passing trough hardships and who were not able to celebrate Eid with their families. Allahume Ameen. :tti_sister:

May Allah help us to welcome the onother Eid next year aslo Inshallah,and may Allah be pleased with us. Ameen.

:wasalam:

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

I am so pleased to see everyone had a great EID. Alhamdulillah! As for me I thought EID was only one day but it has been going on all week here.

One of the highlights of EID Al Adha here in Agadir (especially in the town of Dcheira where my husbands parents live) they have an annual festival where the teens dress up wearing the skin of the sheep. Its called Boujloud Festival. Im not sure what that means but it has something to do with the sheep I think. Some men dress as women and there are people dressed up in tribal clothing. Lots of music and tons of people. My husband took me last night to watch the music and the people. When we first got there I was terrified because all of a sudden the entire crowd began to run and even trample people to get out of the way so I was led into an alley off the main road to get out of the way. I was scared because it reminded me of the videos I have seen where the people in those countries that have the bulls chasing them in the street and how they all run from the bulls. I guess it was just the tribal dressed up people chasing the crowd as if they would kill them so it was all in fun but it really scared me! After that I found a little doorway entrance that I ducked into so anyone passing by would not touch me. I was also up a bit higher than the crowd so I was able to see the action much better and then I was happy. We stayed a few hours then went home. My back and feet were killing me from standing so long but I did have fun! Alhamdulillah.

This year was the first year my husband actually bought a sheep! I guess last year his parents bought our sheep because we had just got married but this year he actually paid for it! I didnt know about it until after it was already slaughtered though because to be honest I really dont have the stomach for that! :lol::lol:

All in all we had a good EID and its still going on here as relatives are still coming over for the food!!!