Share your funny convert stories

ama6621

Reminds me of Hollywood movies in which they show a Muslim prayer where the worshippers are making THREE prostrations in a row! These Hollywood directors who spend billions of dollars on a movie never even bother to read on the web for free how a Muslim prayer is performed.

:)

I haven't seen a movie like that. However in all movies that I have seen that show muslims praying, they are making the sujood and hurrying to do the salam :)

ama6621

Salaam aleikum

Not mine, but my husbands...

The first time he prayed in Jamaat, at the end, they all went "Salaam aleikum warahmatullah..." and he turned to the guy next to him, saying "Wa aleikum salaam" lol

Oh my God, this one takes the cake!!
:))

huda2

Salaam aleikum

The first time he prayed in Jamaat, at the end, they all went "Salaam aleikum warahmatullah..." and he turned to the guy next to him, saying "Wa aleikum salaam" lol

:salam2:

:astag: very funny It makes me laugh more than ever:mashallah: Jzk khair sis for sharing and making me laugh .

:wasalam:

fabianacosta

my history

well it has nothing of funny... i was christian but i feel that something missing, i saw all that people faking their spirituality, and even myself was fake... :girl3: i think that muslin (have no idea that islam is the religion of the one God, the only one to be praise, muslim r the people who surrender to the will of Allah...) i think islam is the religion of bin laden or sadan hussein rsrsrsrs well i think a lot of people still think that.
The first time i get intersted was when i was going to the house of a friend pick a ride to work and i pass nearby 2 muslimat, i didn't stay looking at them cause i think that they will feel like some monsters... but the way of dress, the way of look, in my mind i think that they r very lucky for have their culture and that more happy thann a lot of womem in this world... ok resuming...
some people add me on facebook and then to msn and they r muslimaini soo there was when i start to clear some things and get curious about others... Course that my first question was why womem must do everything the men wants rsrsrsrsrs... and they sttart to explain me... i felt in love and here i am now!!! enshalah will be forever... here and in next life... thanx for reading this and hope make new friends and exchange experiences :hearts: maa salama

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan

All the stories on here are funny :D When I first reverted, I had no idea on how to move in an abaya in prayer. Mine we all too long because I am short lol. Well basically when I got back up from prostrating, my foot got caught. Can you guess what happened? Indeed it was a chain reaction of women falling. Like 4 of us. I said really loud "Oh snap". I was hoping no one heard me, but they did.

I have had the few head-butt collisions but we usually laugh afterwards.

lol, hilarious:SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252:

maria_hajjaj

All the stories on here are funny :D When I first reverted, I had no idea on how to move in an abaya in prayer. Mine we all too long because I am short lol. Well basically when I got back up from prostrating, my foot got caught. Can you guess what happened? Indeed it was a chain reaction of women falling. Like 4 of us. I said really loud "Oh snap". I was hoping no one heard me, but they did.

exactly the same think happent for me! The diference is,that I was home -praying with my husbant- and when I fallt down I scared because I knew that it was not allowd to move during pray. So I return quickly to my place to continuu praying and in the next second my husbant start to laugh like crazy - he just could not stop,so normaly I start too, and you can imagine.... we need about 20 min time to recouvre and to pray again..but we start to laugh again so each of us went to anouther room to pray allowne. This happent few days after my conversion!

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
LOL. Funny stories... I just can't stop laughing..

Especially by Sis Southrn_Muslimah. I can just imagine that.

P.S By the way, I myself do have problems with the abaya. :lol:

saira1984

Trust in Allah swt
salam,

reading though these i've sat at work laughting and my collegues are thinking i'm crazy :)
almost everytime i pray at the masjid I almost trip up on my abaya still after almost 2 years i still cant get used to it!!! lol
I have two embarrising moments at the majid the most recent was I was praying friday prayer and during the rakar when we all bowed down instead I went into kneeling position I was so embarrased after the prayer had finished I decided to stay sitting and prayer more dua's needless to say I was bright red all the way through!!! :>

another time was whne i first started to pray and I was sitting next to my hubby's eldely aunt and we got to the end of the pray (i was just copying the actions) and i was sat kneeling and instead of placeing my hands flat on my knees I had them in a fist and she grabbed my hand and flattened them I was so embarresed luckly she couldn't speak english!!!

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
salam,

reading though these i've sat at work laughting and my collegues are thinking i'm crazy :)
almost everytime i pray at the masjid I almost trip up on my abaya still after almost 2 years i still cant get used to it!!! lol
I have two embarrising moments at the majid the most recent was I was praying friday prayer and during the rakar when we all bowed down instead I went into kneeling position I was so embarrased after the prayer had finished I decided to stay sitting and prayer more dua's needless to say I was bright red all the way through!!! :>

another time was whne i first started to pray and I was sitting next to my hubby's eldely aunt and we got to the end of the pray (i was just copying the actions) and i was sat kneeling and instead of placeing my hands flat on my knees I had them in a fist and she grabbed my hand and flattened them I was so embarresed luckly she couldn't speak english!!!

JazakAllah khair.
Had a laugh at this. Thank god i am a male....Alhamdulilah

No abayas for me

binte-AkhlaqAhmd

LoVe AlLaH aLlWaYs..
Assalam u Alykum....

Salaam aleikum

LOL:lol:...its really hard to control my laugh...:)

al-muslimah

This really happened to me about 5 days ago in Taraweeh prayers this brother standing next to me kept on putting his feet on top of my feet as to filling the gaps i tried moving twice then gave in. After that I had this other brother who was really excited about Ramadan he would liteary yell a’meem in my ear . It was pretty amusing

Omg! this post made me laugh!!!:lol:

OsMaN_93

Here to help
the first time i went to pray at the mosque i t was asr , but im used to thet u normally pray individually.
so the shaik called to prayer and i stood with them in a line ,and he started prayer ,he didnt read loudly the fateha so i thot we wer supposed to pray by our selves and i rakaat,then sajadt...
at the end every one was smilling at me...:shymuslima1:,some laughed:lol:

OsMaN_93

Here to help
wen i was 3-4 i used to go majid with borvers:) and wen the people did rukuu i used to run underneeth tthem as a tunnel,:shymuslima1:
and wen they had their hands on top of each other,i used to try and seperate them:astag::shymuslima1:and shaik asked my brovs not to bring me to majid cuz lods of ppeople complained..:SMILY149::SMILY138::SMILY138:

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
i love this post very much whenver i feel down i read this post
so brothers and sisters, share ur funny stories as i dont have any:(

*FatimaFilsan*

My muslim friend who is a revert to Islam, her son who is five now, one time he and I came back home. When i went inside, he started crying :SMILY23:, really loud. By that time i was in the living room, so when i heard his cry I rushed to him and also his mom (who was with us at that time) and everyone else. So she and all of us came running and asked him "What's wrong?" :(. We were all worrried, especially me.
He said sobbing "......she didn't follow the sunnah."
We all started laughing. His mom told him that I didn't have to knock the door because it is my house. Subhan Allah it is so cutie how he was so earnest that i follow the sunnah when entering the home. I won't forget this incident.
Another time, he was at my place, he came back from the playground downstairs. He told me and his mom that "i told them not to eat hot cherros (a chips, which is haram to eat) and they didn't listen to me." We asked him if they were muslim kids, he answered no. Subhan Allah he was making sure even the kids he was playing with were not eating haram food eventhough they were not muslim. I am so proud of him.
Also sometimes he reminds me to eat with three fingers when i am eating food because it is the sunnah. I learned this sunnah from him, i didn't know about this before he told me.
Alhamdulilah, Allah blessed the sister with such a righteous son. :ma:

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
My muslim friend who is a revert to Islam, her son who is five now, one time he and I came back home. When i went inside, he started crying :SMILY23:, really loud. By that time i was in the living room, so when i heard his cry I rushed to him and also his mom (who was with us at that time) and everyone else. So she and all of us came running and asked him "What's wrong?" :(. We were all worrried, especially me.
He said sobbing "......she didn't follow the sunnah."
We all started laughing. His mom told him that I didn't have to knock the door because it is my house. Subhan Allah it is so cutie how he was so earnest that i follow the sunnah when entering the home. I won't forget this incident.
Another time, he was at my place, he came back from the playground downstairs. He told me and his mom that "i told them not to eat hot cherros (a chips, which is haram to eat) and they didn't listen to me." We asked him if they were muslim kids, he answered no. Subhan Allah he was making sure even the kids he was playing with were not eating haram food eventhough they were not muslim. I am so proud of him.
Also sometimes he reminds me to eat with three fingers when i am eating food because it is the sunnah. I learned this sunnah from him, i didn't know about this before he told me.
Alhamdulilah, Allah blessed the sister with such a righteous son. :ma:
salam aleikum
MashAllah ,What a kid :) So smart mashAllah

I remember when I was new to Islam ,I was watching the video about an American Muslim sister going to Hajj ,and they were showing everything about Hajj .I remember when they were talking about slaughtering the ship and I for some reason thought, that everyone who goes to Hajj has to do that, even a woman :D I was sitting with tears in my eyes thinking if one day I will go to Hajj ,how am I going to do it ,I can't slaughter a ship :lol:
What a weired thinking ...I can't believe I was thinking like that :SMILY149:

waalekum salam

*FatimaFilsan*

salam aleikum
MashAllah ,What a kid :) So smart mashAllah

I remember when I was new to Islam ,I was watching the video about an American Muslim sister going to Hajj ,and they were showing everything about Hajj .I remember when they were talking about slaughtering the ship and I for some reason thought, that everyone who goes to Hajj has to do that, even a woman :D I was sitting with tears in my eyes thinking if one day I will go to Hajj ,how am I going to do it ,I can't slaughter a ship :lol:
What a weired thinking ...I can't believe I was thinking like that :SMILY149:

waalekum salam
lol, I can't belief you thought we had to slaughther a "ship"! I couldn't stop laughing when i read that part. :lol:
Subhan Allah, how little kids think are so cutie.:hearts: