Share your tips for performing prayer more effectively

OsMaN_93

Here to help
salam alikom,

I was blown away (pun intended by the Muslim lol) when I found this out! I don't know if you guys experience this, but when I used to do sujud (prostration) I used to to take longer than usual because I made lots of dua(s) so when I was done, my head used to feel really heavey and I got sort of dizzy (just like when you get up really fast, and then you black out for a few seconds)...

Well it turns out that I wasn't doing it correctly! You need to straighten your back as much as possible and you wont feel anything even if you stay down there for an hour...

So lesson #2 from this is ALWAYS ask (your imam/TTI) questions even if you think it's silly!

If you have any similar/interesting tips that might help us, Please share them! :)

strive-may-i

:salam2:

The traditional way is, You make Salaat, the whole house watches you...no just kidding, from what I heard from really old people, in matters of faith, you just ask, and quickly, and silently correct yourself and others ...

Infact there are stories from the past decades of how bride/groom where selected after checking out, no not, checking out how one looks, but how well one prays or recites Quran :)
There are still such folks around in this world , its just that the world has got smaller and such folks are to be searched and picked from around world...

Incase the one who showed you the correct way to sujood ( no its not a tip!, its better to say he Tipped you to correct way) is considered by many to be a practising and very knowledgeable moomin,It would be good for you to go back to that same person, ask him to watch you pray and give suggestions for you..

There are enough books, illustrations, audios and videos explaining it.. Just search here in TTI

Hope this helps.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
I agree with you Alhamdulelah. The problem is that you don't notice that your back is bent until someone tells you or you ask someone to check (well that applies to me lol)...

Yes, going to the Masjid and watching people pray also does help one learn indirectly.

Inshallah I'll begin to pay more attention to the details of Salah!

Wasalam alikom, thank you for your reply.