Sharon Horgan makes Mecca Suicidal joke

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam alaikum brothers and sisters,

(Link contains uncovered woman)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVYBT_wD_LM&feature=player_embedded

Please send a complaint at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/

JazakAllah khairan for your view on this and please please send a complaint.

Go To: https://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/

Channel: BBC One

Program Name: Have I Got News For You

Transmission Date: 03/06/2011

Complaint Category: Offence

Summary: Sharon Horgan comment about Mecca and suicide bombers.

Full Complaint: On "Have I Got News For You" (Fri 3rd June) aired 9pm on BBC1, the host Sharon Horgan on 25 minutes said "...not to be confused with the Mecca for suicide bombers... which is Mecca".

As a Muslim I found this comment crass, offensive, in poor taste and an utter waste of tax payers money going to people who either cannot exercise restraint in their views or who are complicit in broadcasting these views to millions of people. It is unacceptable.

I am upset that you would broadcast this to millions when you could have easily cut the "joke". It was a sick comment which only serves to reinforce the Islamaphobic negative stereotype and perpetuate prejudice against Islam and its followers. Is your corporation supporting the ridicule of my religion? The real culprit here is the BBC. You didn't have to broadcast the comments or repeat them on your iPlayer service, you saw them before it was aired and you obviously deemed it fit for broadcast so you are just as much to blame.

Ignorant views such as this only help fuel hatred. How can you justify this? You are supporting this by broadcasting such comments. What kind of standards are you setting? I suggest you make an on-air apology at the end of next weeks show. I look forward to hearing from you.

Please send in a complaint such as shown above as an example.

P.S. Could someone reply and embed the video please it won't work for me I think I've forgotten how to do it.
JazakAllah khairan

Wannabemuslim

Well, not really to surprised here another bigot saying another bigoted statement, I reported it but if i had a nickel for every time some one said something like this i would have 1,000,000 + dollars.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

SubhanAllah, we can not except anything better from kaffirs who hate us Muslims and Allahs Deen Islaam.And their mockery about Islaam and Muslims is only reflection of themselves.

May Allah protect our Ummah from any harm. Ameen summa ameen

:wasalam:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

For British it would be same as claim Jesus (Isa) were gay.

:shymuslima1:

Sorry I didn´t say it.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

:shymuslima1:

Sorry I didn´t say it.

Dear sister, it is wrong for us Muslims to use such a words for Prophets, because Isaa. a.s. was also the Messanger of Allah.

May Allah guide us all to the right path.

justoneofmillion

:salam2:This isn't even funny,it is banal and opportunistic.Makes you wonder how she got the job though to shame herself with such nonsense.....I guess shamelessness is just like a snowball,the more you roll it the bigger it gets.This kind of people treat even themselves like dirt, how do you want them to know how to respect others?

Too bad it is really warm where I am,I would have hit her with a snowball to crown her as the Goof of all time in front of a mirror, so that she can see the resemblance ,this even makes her joke out of season.My Grandma would have had another method, Chilli pepper or Tobasco on the tongue.House made Grandma recipe Sharon,smile you're on tv...

I wouldn't take the words of a political prostitute that seriously,she is a clown for crying out loud,not a philosopher or an astronaut,and apparently she is not even good at doing that,why give her more publicity than she deserves brothers?.So many people have become Muslims since this whole absurd propaganda thing started,they give us free publicity and opportunity to do Dawah.,why not continue using them instead?

Wallahu Allam.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Yes I know. As I wrote: I didn´t say it. It was as example.

I know that it is not your opinion sister Alhamdulillah, but it is wrong to use such a words even as an example. And Allah knows the best.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

I know that it is not your opinion sister Alhamdulillah, but it is wrong to use such a words even as an example. And Allah knows the best.

So Bristish Christians would react same if someone make fun by Jesus, nothing else.

:shymuslima1: No offence and I didn´t think alike.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalam'alaykum,

I have absolutely no idea who she is and this is the first I've heard of this woman in my life. I don't particularly care what the ignorant have to say, thinking they are funny and making a living out of shamelessly exploiting anything sacred.

Look at the way she is dressed (or not!), she has no self respect to speak of and so I am really not surprised by the ignorance that leaves her mouth either, when people have no self dignity they say and do anything for a false sense of status.
There are some words which just don't settle too well together in the same sentence. That's all Im saying.

Perseveranze

Doubt complaining will do much...

So Bristish Christians would react same if someone make fun by Jesus, nothing else.

:shymuslima1: No offence and I didn´t think alike.

I'm a Muslim and I would get offended if someone said that about Jesus(pbuh) aswell. Don't forget, He is our beloved messenger. We follow him more then the Christians ever could.

It's just the way it is, we must be careful.