Should I disobey my husband?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:salam2:sister i feel you should obey your husband. These are not fard fast. By going against him it might cause unnecessary problems. Allah knows what is in your heart. Inshaallah you will get the sawab for it. You should have asked him if he had any plans before keeping these fast so that it did not disturb any plans he had made.

Isra

aka Tree2008
Assalaam walaikum,

I know this is wrong but I had to laugh at this post. Here I am twice divorced and Insha"Allah I will be married in July and I read the title. I had to respond.

Having the blessing of a Muslim husband is like tasting heaven on Earth. What a treasure to have and to hold. I can not but shout Alhumdullila everywhere. The mere thought of the warriors garmet to protect you should make every woman weep. Here is a man who rejects wrong for the Love of Allah. Here is the solider who ties his horse and faces the enemy in the eye.
Here is the gentle protector of his family, his masjid, his ummath, the one who knows his Belief so firmly that he will die to honor Allah.

I humbly think it is a good idea to honor the request of your husband. The other side of the coin...when there is no husband to honor is a hard place to be. No woman wishes for angels to curse her.

As salamo alaikome

Beautifully said and I agree with your statements 100%! This post brought tears to my eyes........really beautiful.

Amina 1

There is no basis for that. Before Ramadhaan became mandatory, Muslims fasted, voluntarily, three days every month, not necessarily the 13th, 14th and 15th either.

Yes. In fact, a Muslim wife is not supposed to go on a voluntary fast without getting her husband's approval first. The other members gave you the evidence from the Sunna. The reason for this is simple: while fasting there is no love making.

It's not a duty; it's voluntary. If it were a duty, then the husband has no right to ask. There is no difference in this between a reverted woman and a woman who was always Muslim. Reverts do not have their own Sunna. The change of times does not change the forbidden into allowed.

The Hadeeth is what the Prophet, peace be upon him, said and did, approved and disapproved. The reason we must abide by the authentic Hadeeth is because God says in the holy Quran,
"Whoever obeys the Messenger has obeyed God." (4:80) and
"So let those beware who dissent from his order, lest tumult strike them or a painful torment. " (24:63)

What the companions wrote is called Aathaar (quotes), not Hadeeth.

Jazaka Allahu Khayran Katheera:tti_sister:

Amina 1

:salam2:
Please don't be sad sister, if you just can't see the light in this topic and are only saying you will obey your husband to respect the Prophet PBUH then just think of it as a test in life. InshAllah you will be rewarded greatly, don't forget Allah knows how we think and he also knows WHY we think how we think. Your Lord is the most just.

take care

Jazaka Allahu Khayran Katheera:tti_sister:

I was just sad about the way my husband handled it. I did not mean to disobey my husband . Thank you for your kind words. Life is a very huge and hard test. But inshallah there is still room for happiness:hearts:

Amina 1

I just want to say Jazaka Allahu Khayran Katheera:tti_sister::tti_sister:
to all my wonderful brothers and sisters who have taken the time to advise me.I have learned so much from all of you . May Allah bless you all:hearts::hearts:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
السلام عليكم

As other members have demonstrated, you need to obey him. Why, because obedience in this case is mandatory, and these fasts are only superogratory? It doesn't make any sense to do something superogratory over something that is obligatory. The latter has more right and virtue. In fact by abandoning an obligation, one is sinning. But in leaving off an act of obedience to Allaah, for an act of obedience to Him that has more right, lies reward. Perhaps Allaah will reward you for both the fast and obedience, based upon your intentions. You would've fasted for His sake, broken it for His sake (albeit early), and obeyed your husband for His sake.

yasser_cbe1986

Re: Permission for woman to break a fast

assalamualaikum

sister first of all i would like to congragulate you having fasted many of these days MASHALLAH which many people dont have patience to observe these fast .but for your question since this is sunnath fasting .The rulings regardiing this i sthat

if a muslim brother onserves a sunnath fast and his muslims brother invites him for meal the one who fast can break the fast and have the meal.This is the tradition of the prophet

for a wife the ruling is this that she does cannot haveobserve a sunnath or nafl fast without th permission of her husband.

So sister I request you to obey your husband andbreak the fast if he asks you to do so
do dua for all the muslims and also encourage him(husband) to keep fast and next make a thread wherein both u and ur hsband are fasting.

Ayyub

is that true. That's sounds unfair!

Jazaka Allahu Khayr
Is this true I thought everyone was responsible for there own actions. Allah knows best
:bismillah1:

What sounds unfair?

I got this information from the fatwa of the Shiekh Wajdi Ghoneim who is a well known Alim.
He support his claim with Sahih Muslim and with verses from the Quran.
You can see it for yourself on Youtube.
Title: Husband & Wife: Mutual Rights & Obligations By Dr. Sheikh Wagdi Ghoneim ~ Part 01/03 (Time 5:30)

It's not like I made it up or something.

a_stranger

Assalam Alaikum:hearts:

I have been fasting on monday and thursday's this week I am fasting all week because tue wed and thurs are the 13th 14th and 15th. I read that if we fast these three days it is like fasting for a year? Anyway my question is that last week on thurs my husband came home at 12pm and told me to brake my fast when I did not he was mad.:angryblue: Today my husband is off and wants to go grill out at the park again he is asking me to break my fast. He says that he is my husband and that I have to break my fast since these fasts are not obligatory.If I don't break my fast he says that I will be disobeying my husband. Am I supposed to break my fast if my husband asks me to?:confused:

Islam teaches us how to keep good relations among members of the family i believe that you will be rewarded for your intention to fast and for obeying your husband (double reward inshaAllah)........and i suggest that when a muslem husband see his wife like to do more good he should join her and taste the sweatness of obediance of Allah with her .......:( sorry to say most of husbands don`t do.......sometimes you can`t blame men they do hard work during the week and like to get some rest ......we should understand.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalmau allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baraktuhu dear sister

For the Sunnah fast, you should ask your husband sister, but I aslo think your husband does not have right to ask you to ask to break your fast. I think it is obligation for both of you, for you for not asking him, and for him for asking you to break your fast. If you made mistake for not informing him, he should forgive you Inshallah,and let you fast for the sake of Allah. Because we should be mercyfull towerd each other, and forgive each other mistakes. That is what Islam teach us.

May Allah bring mercy in our hearts and make our hearts mercyfull and kind always. ameen summa ameen

:wasalam:

nizar83

aselemu aleikum my brothers and sisters
\
please let me start of by saying this: taqie allah everyone!
dont ever EVER EVER say things such as i think, or i guess!

islam is about proof! the imaam on every friday starts his lecture with ALLAH azza wajal says in the quraan or mohammed salalahu wa3alayhi weselem said or teaches us in his sunnah, never with i think or i guess

on topic sister, it is not allowed for you to fast voluntarily without asking your husband for permission inshallah.. a woman can not withhold that from her husband.

this is the proof inshallah:http://islamqa.com/en/ref/50732/break fast for husband

i recommend anyone to go to sites such as www.islamqa.com before they start guessing and thinking...our simple minds most of the times can not understand the HIQMA of ALLAH ta3ala .

aselemu aleikum

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
Salam brother Ayman,I understood what you meant,in fact I thought better and arrived to the conclusion that me too I always listened to the words of my husband,maybe I didn't care,cause we always are on the same "waveline" and what he thinks is the same one I think too,but I remember that if he told me not to fast,I listened to him but I purposed him to fast together the next time and he agreed.thinking better,I always asked to my husband before doing something and I can say that I was happy if he answered yes or not,cause I am sure to put my hands in a person who can protect me from mistakes...I'm sorry for the other posts,I reflected better and I agree with all who say that the wife has to obey to her husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.