Simple Explanation or No? Please Help!

VeryConfused

To start, I believe there is only one GOD and only one GOD. I have been actively studying all faiths my entire life because my belief in him and in my heart and soul is soo strong I think of him always. I have had strong dreams of god since I was old enough to comprehend what they were in reference to. I know GOD is trying to reach me and stir me in the direction of his true and only faith which he bestowed upon this planet and his people. I'm just not sure what path is his true and only path. I know for a fact Christianity is blatantly wrong and evil! I am caught between Islam and Judaism, both of which I have doubts in. My primary problem with Judaism is the people who practice Judaism. I grew up in the NJ-NYC area where there are more Jewish people living than in Israel. I have never meet a nice, welcoming, Jew. It seems most Jews I have ever meet have been condecending, with an almost narcasistic attitude. They always seem mad and distrustful and never humble. I also noticed how Jews treat newly converted people like crap with the feeling: "Oy, your not good enough to be a Jew." That disturbs me most about Judaism, some other things regarding the torah but I feel the people alone seem kinda "off" for GOD'S people if they are so cruel to other non-Jews. My biggest issue with Islam is this: How could GOD be soooo compassionate and merciful but damn you and condemn you to hell for accidently missing a prayer? I mean, isn't that kind of illogical? Have you damned to eternity in a grave three sizes to small as a viper eats your inards every day for accidently missing a prayer? That doesn't sound compassionate or merciful to me...I was told by a reformist Imam that things that seem "off" in the HOLY QURAN usually are things added to the QURAN by human-beings and that GOD would never do such a thing to his creations he loves. He also added most of Islam we know as Islam today is called "Saudi Islam" and is not the original word of GOD written in HOLY QURAN. He also recommended to buy a Reformist HOLY QURAN. Is he right or wrong some opinions on Judaism and Islam would be more than helpful thank you all.

kiki18

salam!

i'm a little confused by ur statement :

I was told by a reformist Imam that things that seem "off" in the HOLY QURAN usually are things added to the QURAN by human-beings and that GOD would never do such a thing to his creations he loves. He also added most of Islam we know as Islam today is called "Saudi Islam" and is not the original word of GOD written in HOLY QURAN.

since we believe the Qur'an is still in the same way it was revealed. Qur'an after Qur'an will be the same because Allah has protected it. That's what happened to the bible, humans added and subtracted as they wished.

also: condemed you for missing a prayer????? what?!?! Allah is most compasionate and most just. and Allah's mercy and compasion are greater than any other attributes. if one repents, trully repents we will be forgiven.

VeryConfused

RE

But if thats the case and HOLY QURAN is the divine word of Allah and no one added to it then why would Allah say that he would actually condemn you in that way (In ref to missing prayer) as stated in HOLY QURAN? Is he just bluffing to scare people? I don't think Allah would do that which is why I had the idea (and apparently others think this too) that that may have been added later on to keeo the faithful, faithful. Thats why I'm confused, it seems like he sooo just and merciful but he'd be the first one to throw you into the hell-fires for an accident???

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Quran is same since 14 centuries. if someone says Quran is changed, he is misguiding u.

14 century old copy of Quran can be found in Tashkent, Uzbekistan museum.

Allah is Most Merciful but also Most Justful.

if He punishes a person doing sins, thats not unkindness but justice. otherwise it will be injustice against a person who obeyed Allah.

if both killer and killed land up in paradise....will that be injustice or mercy? u decide.

He forgives things done by accident or mistake. He punishes for missing prayer deliberately, but if u overslept or forgot..u can pray right after ward. no sin on you.

so is that not mercy of Most Gracious?

VeryConfused

RE RE

No Achmed, not really... I believe ALLAH/GOD would probably lay out punishment based on the severity of the crime. If you kill someone for no reason then yesssss you should suffer in hell, but if you miss a prayer I do not think GOD would condemn you to burn in hell and have a viper eat you liver for accidently doing so... If thats the case then I'm already going to hell....I've missed prayers my entire life though I have always known and loved GOD and he has ALWAYS been in my heart and mind on a daily basis (even when sleeping). Would he just dismiss my unfaultered and unwaivering faith because I have been unsure my whole life of what faith is the faith HE created and HE wants me to worship him through? Thats kind of what HOLY QURAN is implying which is why I have doubts. I think a just and compassionate GOD would love someone who loves him soo much and wouldn't condemn him because he is afraid of following the wrong faith and not worshiping HIM in the way HE commanded on Earth and the entire universe because HE is the creator of all worlds.

VeryConfused

Dimlite

Then why would ALLAH write such an entry in the holy book he bestowed on us if he did not intend on following out that punishment? Thats kind of rediculous....

VeryConfused

RE RE RE

And Ahmed their are levels of killers...Their is a difference between a killer who kills to protect and a killer whom kills for the jollies.. So why wouldn't a person who kills to defend be allowed into heaven? I believe GOD would allow him entrance...

:salam2:

God is free of any need, in other words, if mankind became disobedient it wouldn't effect Him at all. In fact even if you are the best of mankind you will not enter paradise without God's Mercy.

Through time and history, of revelation, you will notice a gradual fine tuning of man's behavior to there Lord. People embraced religion and for some reason or the other they started changing the commandment of God. The final revelation is the Quran. It is the word of God/Allah. We have no right to question anything about it at all. There are times you will see someone trying to explain something with limited knowledge, like your friend who said it is Saudi. You must remember, we (muslims) fear so much to tell a lie, because we don't know if that may lead us to punishment in the afterlife.

God ordered us to behave this way towards Him, in return there will be pleasure beyond man's comprehension.

in any event, welcome to TTI, I am sure there are a great number of members who will be more informative than me.

peace

Rashadi

But if thats the case and HOLY QURAN is the divine word of Allah and no one added to it then why would Allah say that he would actually condemn you in that way (In ref to missing prayer) as stated in HOLY QURAN? Is he just bluffing to scare people? I don't think Allah would do that which is why I had the idea (and apparently others think this too) that that may have been added later on to keeo the faithful, faithful. Thats why I'm confused, it seems like he sooo just and merciful but he'd be the first one to throw you into the hell-fires for an accident???

greetings, may ask where in the quran u read that God will throw us in hell for accidently missing a prayer ?

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Well first let me start by saying..welcome to TTI..and second..I hope that you will enjoy your stay and enrich your mind with much knowledge about this deen inshallah..

My biggest issue with Islam is this: How could GOD be soooo compassionate and merciful but damn you and condemn you to hell for accidently missing a prayer? I mean, isn't that kind of illogical? Have you damned to eternity in a grave three sizes to small as a viper eats your inards every day for accidently missing a prayer? That doesn't sound compassionate or merciful to me...

That *is* illogical..and it neither compassionate or merciful...and that's why..

it's not Islam!!!

If you miss a prayer accidentally..you make it up as soon as you can!..siiiiiimmmmmmpppppllleeeeee as that!..this is what every *knowledgeable*..*sound* Muslim will tell you!

I was told by a reformist Imam that things that seem "off" in the HOLY QURAN usually are things added to the QURAN by human-beings and that GOD would never do such a thing to his creations he loves.

Oh boy! that man sure is a handful with these beliefs of his!

1. There's no such thing as a reformist Imam..he can claim to be a *reformist*..but he can't be an Imam..and he certainly can't *reform anything in Islam*..Islam is to be accepted *as it is*..so he should take his reformist agendas and shove them where they fit in the *cafeteria of theology* he's trying to *found* and *poison minds* with

2. The Qura'an has been the same for 1400 years..I don't know if he had a tongue-trip..meant *The Bible*..and said *The Qura'an* instead..but The Qura'an is unaltered..you can go from Alaska..all the way east to china..passing through every country in between with a Muslim population..ask for a Qura'an..and you will be given..*the exact* Qura'an..every single time!

3. The only things this man is right about is his last point..Allah would never harm His creation..He (swt) says in these hadiths related by The Prophet (saaws):

“When Allah decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him: ‘My mercy prevails over my wrath.’” [Muslim & Bukhari]

here's another:

“A servant [of Allah’s] committed a sin and said: ‘O Allah, forgive me my sin.’ And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: ‘My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them.’ Then he sinned again and said: ‘O Lord, forgive me my sin.’ And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: ‘My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them.’ Then he sinned again and said: ‘O Lord, forgive me my sin.’ And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: ‘My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you.’” [Muslim & Bukhari]

And here's one more:
“Allah the Almighty said:
‘O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it.’” [Al-Tirmidhi & Ahmad]

He also added most of Islam we know as Islam today is called "Saudi Islam" and is not the original word of GOD written in HOLY QURAN. He also recommended to buy a Reformist HOLY QURAN. Is he right or wrong some opinions on Judaism and Islam would be more than helpful thank you all.

Saudi Islam?!..ahaaa!!!..I am tempted to try to find out what the nationality of this "imam" is..but I think it's *best* that I don't..I would like to know how "The Saudis" changed the word of God?..and what is his proof for this?..and if he is being so keen on pointing out the *alterations* of The Qura'an..why is he *encouraging* it by specifying this Reformist Qura'an?!..

I would like to ask you a couple of questions *VeryConfused*

do you know anything about *the concept of tawheed (monotheism)* in Islam?..have you read the Qura'an *thoroughly* (I mean *the* Qura'an..not the reformist *text* that man is trying to mislead you into reading)?..have you read about The Prophet (saaws) at all?..what are the sites..books..places you use to earn your Islamic knowledge from? (do you mind listing them..even if through a PM?)..and who are the scholars (if any) you're being directed to learn Islam from?..do you know any "non-reformist" Muslims (though I hate to use the term..but I'll use it for the sake of the post)?..

I am asking you these questions..because I want to *pinpoint* your source of *confusion*..there's no confusion in Islam...if people tell you something about it..and it confuses you..it is very likely that they are either..ignorant..mistaken..or fabricating lies..so you need to bear this in mind :)

If you have any questions..ask ask ask away..don't feel hesitant..scared..worried..or embarrassed..we ask nothing from you but respect of what we highly regard..other than that..feel free to note down all and any questions :)

P.S. I didn't give an input regarding Judaism because I do not know much about it..and I don't think it's right or just of me to speak of that which I don't know..but inshallah the more knowledgable brothers and sisters will help in this aspect

peace!

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
No Achmed, not really... I believe ALLAH/GOD would probably lay out punishment based on the severity of the crime. If you kill someone for no reason then yesssss you should suffer in hell, but if you miss a prayer I do not think GOD would condemn you to burn in hell and have a viper eat you liver for accidently doing so... If thats the case then I'm already going to hell....I've missed prayers my entire life though I have always known and loved GOD and he has ALWAYS been in my heart and mind on a daily basis (even when sleeping). Would he just dismiss my unfaultered and unwaivering faith because I have been unsure my whole life of what faith is the faith HE created and HE wants me to worship him through? Thats kind of what HOLY QURAN is implying which is why I have doubts. I think a just and compassionate GOD would love someone who loves him soo much and wouldn't condemn him because he is afraid of following the wrong faith and not worshiping HIM in the way HE commanded on Earth and the entire universe because HE is the creator of all worlds.

And Ahmed their are levels of killers...Their is a difference between a killer who kills to protect and a killer whom kills for the jollies.. So why wouldn't a person who kills to defend be allowed into heaven? I believe GOD would allow him entrance...

u can start repenting and praying from now itself. Allah is Most Merciful...He can forgive all ur sins.

a person having faith equal to even an atom will enter jannah. if u beleive that u really love Allah...one day u'll land up in Jannah..inshallah.

of course killers have different levels....i was talking about an unjust killer.

actions are by intentions. if u kill an unjust serial killer...Allah will reward u.

Rashadi

The first thing is that God expects sincerity from us and try our best. He created us and He didn't make us perfect but we have the ability to be good and bad. God is more merciful than we can imagine. When make a mistake we have to correct it and u will not be punished for missing prayers because we are not punished for things we did not know. we have time periods for our 5 daily prayers and remember we only try our best and we must be sincere. u should learn about islam and u came to the right place. feel free to ask questions and may Allah guide u, ameen

FreedomFighter

dont worry about your prayers. if, inshaAllah (God willing) you do convert, you will be sinless, like a new born. Allah will forgive your past sins.

safiya58

hi

in Islam there is no injustice! you can not know who will enter jannah (heaven) and who jahannam (hell). only God knows. in one of our transmission a prostitute is allowed to enter Jannah just becauce she was mercifull with a dog....! and another women was punished with hell bec she caused the death of a cat...!

On the one side Allah warns us with His punishment, to open our eyes and be aware of a real danger: hell and on the other side He gives us hope and glad tidings if we follow His comands. it is up to oneself wether he will be in jannah or jahannam.

Allah says in a hadith:

“‘O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another...."

the King makes someting unlawfull for himself.... can u imagine that....? even He has the power for everything and He is absolutely unrivaled... this is the justice of Allah.

Maybe you heard about the 99 names of Allah. they are from Quran. it is a help for us that we can know about Him the least at least. and He has not only 1 name but 6 names only concerning with forgivness. this shows that He loves to forgive when someone is asking Him for forgiveness.

He will only punish the ignorant ppl.

safiya58

there are ppl who believe in God but still they ignore Him. They live their lives without thinking at Him and whorshipping Him. this ppl claim what matters is to have a good heart... whorshipping God is not necessary. but ppl like that wether love God nor do they admit His endless blessings ! they only follow their desires! but when harm befalls them they suddenly remember God!

imagine I´m totally sick and I´m in need of an organ donation. and you are the one who help me out and I become healthy again... and after I don´t care about you... I ´m happy that I´m allright again but I don´t consider it as necessary just to say "thank you" to you....would you not be angry and upset then....?

Allah did not only create us He also cares for us. we totally depent on Him. and with praying to Him we do ourself a favour not to God! it gives peace to the soul. and this is the way Allah rewards us. we just ackknowledge His bounties by praying to Him and He gives peace to us in return.

Allah is so kind He prepared jannah for His slaves... Just because the slaves whorship Him He rewards them so gently.... where is it seen that a king rewards a slave of him with a palace just because he is done his duty and obeyed his master?

When our Lord is so gentle and kind towards His slaves then it would be so embarrassing if we stand infront of Him with not a huge amount of good deeds on the day of Deen.

That´s why we should strive to gain Allah´s pleasure as good as we can... for example I have some money left... I can wether spend it and buy new cloth, and this is halal or I can spend it in charity or buy nourishment and cook sth and invite someone in order to gain Allahs pleasure
and if we only smile at our neighbour for the sake to gain His pleasure...

mezeren

Hi Veryconfused,

indeed,you sound very confused.You seem to think that you know a lot about islam but actually you sound like all you know is missunderstanding islam.

Please,calm down.What you are saying has no place in islam.Let me try to explain some aspects of islam so that you can better understand Allah's mercy.

1- When someone converts to islam,Allah erases his/her pre islamic sins.So,don't worry about your past.

2- When you sin and you feel sorry for it,you repent and promise Allah that you will never do it again,Allah forgives your sins no matter what they are.

3- if you miss a prayer or any kind of worship for that matter by forgetting or mistake,Allah will not hold you responsible.As a popular example for these days,if you are fasting and you eat a full meal or any amount of food by forgetting that you are fasting,it is a mercy from Allah,your fast is valid but as soon as you remember you are fasting you stop eating,that's all.And if you eat even a tiny bit of something delibaretly,your fast is invalid but still you could make it up for it in this world.

4- if you commit a sin you will get one penalty,if you do a good deed you will get at least 10 times more reward which could increase up to 100,1000 times or even much more.Don't you think it is mercy?

5- On the day of judgement,all of our deeds whether it is good or bad will be calculated,if your good deeds 50 % or more you directly go to the heaven and will not be punished for that 50 % sins.if they are less than 50 %,let's say 40 %,you will get punished for 10 % and go to the heaven,off course if you are a muslim.So,you will not be punished for every single sin.Don't you think it is justice?

You have so much to learn about islam just like any of us.Please,start reading Quran and Sunnah,the words of the Prophet.As soon as you start reading Quran,i am sure you will be amazed by its beauty.And if you have anything that you find confusing,do not hasitate to ask here.

Take care.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

u seem to not understand how can Allah send someone to hell for such a little thing as missing prayer.
the point is
if somebody believed there is God and has ordered to pray.
he wud surely do such a little thing as a prayer

so pray and make ur day.

OF COURSE the prophet himself missed prayers when the occassion was such that it was impossible to pray.
he said them afterwards.

u r not going to hell because of missing prayers because still uve not accepted islam

so brother there is no question Of going to hell-u r already in it.NOW SUPPOSE aperson accepts islam with all its blessings and responsibilities.thenAllah can certainly dobt ur sincereity by ur attitude towarsds prayers.
its like getting in an army and being suspended for not saluting ur senior or sitting while national anthem is played etc. do u think the soldier did somethig big to justifyhis suspension.but u will agree with the verdict .

i m sure ur fears r so un founded that any of the goodbro/sis will clear .so b happy.dont panic and allow me to go and break my fast salaam .we ll tak .:)

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
My biggest issue with Islam is this: How could GOD be soooo compassionate and merciful but damn you and condemn you to hell for accidently missing a prayer? I mean, isn't that kind of illogical? Have you damned to eternity in a grave three sizes to small as a viper eats your inards every day for accidently missing a prayer? That doesn't sound compassionate or merciful to me...I was told by a reformist Imam that things that seem "off" in the HOLY QURAN usually are things added to the QURAN by human-beings and that GOD would never do such a thing to his creations he loves. He also added most of Islam we know as Islam today is called "Saudi Islam" and is not the original word of GOD written in HOLY QURAN. He also recommended to buy a Reformist HOLY QURAN. Is he right or wrong some opinions on Judaism and Islam would be more than helpful thank you all.
:salam2:
Dear VeryConfused,

I wanted to reply but I saw that many of my brothers and sisters have already replied you with some great answers. My hats off to them and I feel proud that we have some really learned people on this forum. Jazakallah my Brothers & Sisters.

I would just add this here:

I don't know who you met, but please don't meet this "reformist Imam" guy again. :lol:

Think about his theory for a moment... There are more than a billion Muslims around the world and I would say that most of them have missed many many prayers without any valid reason. So... does this make any sense that once anyone missed just one prayer then he/she will be condemned to hell forever. Wow... Then why that person would even remain a Muslim? He can be whatever he wants and do whatever he wants, because now it doesn't matter what he does or doesn't, he will always be in hell forever.
Tell me this: Does it make any sense to you?

Allah loves repentance from His slaves. If you sin then you repent and Allah will forgive you. He loves to forgive.

Now....... next time I want to see you LessConfused.
:wasalam:

a_stranger

It is not our duty

I think if you study Quran with open heart you will understand that our creator is with absolute justice no one will be wronged, no one will go to hell(God forbid) only those who deserve it , no need to worry : It is not our job to judge who go to hell, just do your best to escape it by having faith in Allah swt, obeying the prophet and doing good. Islam put things in their correct places : We creatures are not the Judge Allah is the only one so why wasting our efforts instead of marching to janna by good deeds. and Allah knows best

With best wishes , ( I am sure if you say the shahada you will feel peace and calmness)