Simple Explanation or No? Please Help!

revert2007

Love Fishing
To start, I believe there is only one GOD and only one GOD. I have been actively studying all faiths my entire life because my belief in him and in my heart and soul is soo strong I think of him always. I have had strong dreams of god since I was old enough to comprehend what they were in reference to. I know GOD is trying to reach me and stir me in the direction of his true and only faith which he bestowed upon this planet and his people. I'm just not sure what path is his true and only path. I know for a fact Christianity is blatantly wrong and evil! I am caught between Islam and Judaism, both of which I have doubts in. My primary problem with Judaism is the people who practice Judaism. I grew up in the NJ-NYC area where there are more Jewish people living than in Israel. I have never meet a nice, welcoming, Jew. It seems most Jews I have ever meet have been condecending, with an almost narcasistic attitude. They always seem mad and distrustful and never humble. I also noticed how Jews treat newly converted people like crap with the feeling: "Oy, your not good enough to be a Jew." That disturbs me most about Judaism, some other things regarding the torah but I feel the people alone seem kinda "off" for GOD'S people if they are so cruel to other non-Jews. My biggest issue with Islam is this: How could GOD be soooo compassionate and merciful but damn you and condemn you to hell for accidently missing a prayer? I mean, isn't that kind of illogical? Have you damned to eternity in a grave three sizes to small as a viper eats your inards every day for accidently missing a prayer? That doesn't sound compassionate or merciful to me...I was told by a reformist Imam that things that seem "off" in the HOLY QURAN usually are things added to the QURAN by human-beings and that GOD would never do such a thing to his creations he loves. He also added most of Islam we know as Islam today is called "Saudi Islam" and is not the original word of GOD written in HOLY QURAN. He also recommended to buy a Reformist HOLY QURAN. Is he right or wrong some opinions on Judaism and Islam would be more than helpful thank you all.

hello brother...welcome to the right place where u can find the truth

first of all,u wanna choose between judism n islam...

u must know that no one convert to judism even there are many who claim converted to judism..to be a jewish,u must be born to a mother who is a jewish...u can fake ur father but u cant fake the mother who gives birth to u.....
thats the reason they dont welcome u when u convert..jewish is the religion of Allah as well but these people has disobeyed Allah and Allah is angry with them...u can read the quran.

islam is the truth.....and we accept u with open arms to Allah's religion

Islam is not my religion our urs..it is Allah's religion and we just borrow it to hv a good life to enter paradise

ur final destination is Allah....take the steps to reach Him before it is too late

say this when u think islam is the true religion

Ashadu an la ilaha illa'llah.
wa Ashadu anna Muhammadan Rasululu'llah.

I bear witness that there is no God to be worshiped but Allah,
and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and messenger

then take shower from head to toe.begin by saying bismillah.and of course u know the reason why u shower ,coz u converted.that would be ur intention.

for the pronuncation u can just check the youtube n convert by urself or u can simply msn any brother n do it through mic,or phone or go to the near by mosque

waiting for ur good news

ama6621

Dear Brother veryconfused,
I want to add this Allah SWT is so merciful that He will take out whom He will from the Hell Fire. Please see this hadith.

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri: The Prophet said, "You (Muslims) cannot be more pressing in claiming from me a right that has been clearly proved to be yours than the believers in interceding with Almighty for their (Muslim) brothers on that Day, when they see themselves safe. They will say, 'O Allah! (Save) our brothers (for they) used to pray with us, fast with us and also do good deeds with us.' Allah will say, 'Go and take out (of Hell) anyone in whose heart you find faith equal to the weight of one (gold) Dinar.' Allah will forbid the Fire to burn the faces of those sinners. They will go to them and find some of them in Hell (Fire) up to their feet, and some up to the middle of their legs. So they will take out those whom they will recognize and then they will return, and Allah will say (to them), 'Go and take out (of Hell) anyone in whose heart you find faith equal to the weight of one half Dinar.' They will take out whomever they will recognize and return, and then Allah will say, 'Go and take out (of Hell) anyone in whose heart you find faith equal to the weight of an atom (or a smallest ant), and so they will take out all those whom they will recognize." Abu Sa'id said: If you do not believe me then read the Holy Verse, "'Surely! Allah wrongs not even of the weight of an atom (or a smallest ant) but if there is any good (done) He doubles it." (4.40) The Prophet added, "Then the prophets and Angels and the believers will intercede, and (last of all) the Almighty (Allah) will say, 'Now remains My Intercession. He will then hold a handful of the Fire from which He will take out some people whose bodies have been burnt, and they will be thrown into a river at the entrance of Paradise, called the water of life. They will grow on its banks, as a seed carried by the torrent grows. You have noticed how it grows beside a rock or beside a tree, and how the side facing the sun is usually green while the side facing the shade is white. Those people will come out (of the River of Life) like pearls, and they will have (golden) necklaces, and then they will enter Paradise whereupon the people of Paradise will say, 'These are the people emancipated by the Beneficent. He has admitted them into Paradise without them having done any good deeds and without sending forth any good (for themselves).' Then it will be said to them, 'For you is what you have seen and its equivalent as well.'" Sahih Bukhari: Volume 9, Book 93, Number 532s.

I hope this helps Insha Allah.

islam_best

Salaam

Assalaamalaikum warahmatullahi wabarakthuu.

My biggest issue with Islam is this: How could GOD be soooo compassionate and merciful but damn you and condemn you to hell for accidently missing a prayer?

Accidently missing a prayer means? If you are sick or travelling then there is nothing wrong but you have to make up for it,but accidenlty means what?If you deliberately miss your prayer then you are doing a sin, but then if you sincerely repent from ur heart for the mistake then brother He is Oft-forgiving!!!!On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

"When Allah decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him: 'My mercy prevails over my wrath.'"

[Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah)]

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

"Allah the Almighty said:

'I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assembly better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed."

(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: 'I am as My servant expects Me to be.' The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.

[Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).]

On the authority of Ibn Abbas (may Allah be pleased with them both), from the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), among the sayings he related from his Lord (glorified and exalted be He) is that He said:

"Allah has written down the good deeds and the bad ones." Then He explained it [by saying that] "he who has intended a good deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as from ten good deeds to seven hundred times, or many times over. But if he has intended a bad deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down as one bad deed."

[Bukhari and Muslim.]

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace be upon him), from among the things he reports from his Lord (mighty and sublime be He), is that he said:
A servant [of Allah's] committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hadith Qudsi 34:
On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say: Allah the Almighty said:
O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal). Its chain of authorities is sound.

Brother, if you are trying to say anything from the Qur'an then please do state that chapter no. and verse no.If you have odne research on many beleifs then must have notiiced that Islam empahsisez a lot on the Hereafter.Why, beacuse we can die any second and ven yu cabnt deny that fact and it is warning us of the consequences we willl have to suffer if we do anything wronng.So plzzz read the Quran and the Sunnah of the Nabi sallahualayhiwassalam and plz ponder over it as there are the true basis of Islam.And one more thing i really didnt understand that reformist Quran or soemthing.Brother there is only one QUran-The Holy Quran!!!!!!!!in its pure form Alhamdullillah by Allah grace...Any more quetion then plzz do ask we are always happpy to answer....

Wassallaamalaikum warahmatullahi wabarakathhuuu.

May Alah guide you all of us t the right path and grant us Jannatulfirdous in the hereafter.Ameen Ya Allah.Plz say yourself from the hell-fire plz and say the shahdah for ur own good.

ShyHijabi

I would like you to point out where it states that one will burn in hell and have his intestines eaten by a snake in the grave. Frankly this sounds like propaganda someone has passed down.

I can tell you right now, the last thing you want to do is judge a religion of it's practitioners. People are hugely flawed and we Muslims are no different. This "reformed imam" sounds utterly misguided and frankly part of a cult. I suggest you find another mosque and thus another imam.

Judaism is a deviated path, and no matter how nice or mean they are, this will not change. The original law states that a person is Jewish if one's mother is Jewish. ONly recently have they begun the practice of allowing "converts" in their fold. Alas most educated ( in their own religion) Jews will tell you one does not convert to being chosen.

Islam teaches that we are all born pure, born Muslim. But our parents overshadow us with their religion and we become lost. Allah swt in all His mercy offers you the path of truth. He sent numerous prophets and finally the last and greatest prophet, Mohammed. (peace be upon him) If you truly have questions surrounding the Qu'ran and Hadith then I strongly recommend you go to a proper Imam so they can answer your questions or point you to someone that can. We are not scholars and can only offer suggestions and sources.

qalvin salem

Mashaallah, if you are truthful to what you said that you always think of God and that you are looking for the truth, don't ever think of listening to that Imam whom you had referred to because he is absolutely misleading you. The Holy Qur'an that we have now is the Qur'an during the time of Prophet Muhammad. If a single letter is intentionally changed in it, then that's no longer the Holy Qu'an. Do your part read genuine islamic books. Beware of the new readings published by Shiites. These are people who innovate the wordings in the Qur'an just to accommodate their own personal interests.

The_truth

To start, I believe there is only one GOD and only one GOD. I have been actively studying all faiths my entire life because my belief in him and in my heart and soul is soo strong I think of him always. I have had strong dreams of god since I was old enough to comprehend what they were in reference to. I know GOD is trying to reach me and stir me in the direction of his true and only faith which he bestowed upon this planet and his people. I'm just not sure what path is his true and only path. I know for a fact Christianity is blatantly wrong and evil! I am caught between Islam and Judaism, both of which I have doubts in. My primary problem with Judaism is the people who practice Judaism. I grew up in the NJ-NYC area where there are more Jewish people living than in Israel. I have never meet a nice, welcoming, Jew. It seems most Jews I have ever meet have been condecending, with an almost narcasistic attitude. They always seem mad and distrustful and never humble. I also noticed how Jews treat newly converted people like crap with the feeling: "Oy, your not good enough to be a Jew." That disturbs me most about Judaism, some other things regarding the torah but I feel the people alone seem kinda "off" for GOD'S people if they are so cruel to other non-Jews. My biggest issue with Islam is this: How could GOD be soooo compassionate and merciful but damn you and condemn you to hell for accidently missing a prayer? I mean, isn't that kind of illogical? Have you damned to eternity in a grave three sizes to small as a viper eats your inards every day for accidently missing a prayer? That doesn't sound compassionate or merciful to me...I was told by a reformist Imam that things that seem "off" in the HOLY QURAN usually are things added to the QURAN by human-beings and that GOD would never do such a thing to his creations he loves. He also added most of Islam we know as Islam today is called "Saudi Islam" and is not the original word of GOD written in HOLY QURAN. He also recommended to buy a Reformist HOLY QURAN. Is he right or wrong some opinions on Judaism and Islam would be more than helpful thank you all.

Hello I welcome you to the forum and hope you are in the best of health. Allah guides who he wants and he looks into our hearts to see if the person is worthy of guidance or not. The rejectors have hearts that are filled with arrogance, pride and ignorance whereas the believers hearts are open to guidance from Allah and wanting to be the closest to him.

He sees something in your heart he likes and so is wanting to guide you.
I'll be totally honest with you in my life so far i have NEVER come across anyone or heard of anyone who has ever converted into judaism simply because if you do convert into Judaism you would simply become a second class Jew because Judaism is a race religion meaning you have to be born one to gain FULL acceptance as a Jew otherwise born Jews will ALWAYS look at you and say exactly what you said "Your not good enough to be a Jew".
They think of themselves as a superiour race.

When Moses (As) predicted that the one to come will be like Moses unto their brethren he in fact described Muhammed (Peace be upon him) but the Jews rejected Muhammed (Peace be upon him) simply because he was NOT born a Jew and that he was an Arab! They thought if we accept Muhammed (Peace be upon him) as a prophet then we are simply denouncing the fact that we are the chosen ones and a superiour race in this world so on those grounds they rejected him and are still waiting for the one that they believe Moses predicted that will come.

Islam is by far the most unique way of life. Islam has a system in place for every aspect of human life. A lot of the aspects of the Islamic system are copied today by many man made systems including that of the western systems. Islam is a complete way of life and a complete code of the best way to live. If Allah created us then surely only he knows the best way for us to live.

Every system has rules and regulations and without rules there is chaos. If our systems became more lenient towards crime then what kind of impact do you think that will have on crime rates? A good or bad impact? Same way if Allah was lenient towards his creations in regards to prayers for example then do you think even more or less people would actually pray? Same way if the punishment for murder or rape was reduced then would it have good or bad impact or murder and rape rates?

Mankind is such that it needs harsh and strict rules in order to keep order and avoid chaos and complaceny. Man is very complacent indeed and if Allah just told us to pray and gave us an incentive without any punushment then knwoing how man is it still would'nt be enough to push enough people to pray but if there was a strict punishment in place then this would deter man slightly more from being lazy in prayer but as you can see from today's society there are still so many of us that are complacent and lazy in prayer.

What you have to realise is that Allah IS the most merciful but he is also the most harshest in punishment. You can't completly compare him to a human but he has certain qualities which he has also instilled into us. But you have to realise that there is NOTHING that we have done in order to be alive. He has given us literally EVERYTHING! So do you think he cannot do what he wants? Yet he still sustains us and gives us the ability to do EVERYTHING and wihtout him we are NOTHING!

Allah does'nt force anyone to do anything! It is entirely upto us how we live our lives but know if we decide to disregard his laws and rules then we WILL be punished the same way if we break the rules of society then we will get punished. But if we devote our lives, lets say the next 40 years or so to his worship and obedience then he will give us ETERNITY of bliss. Now lets look at this again- 40 years for ETERNITY. Need i say more?

If Allah was not forgiving then EVERY single human that has ever been created would have been punished by him but we sin day in and day out and we break the rules and go against him EVERYDAY of our lives but yet if we ask him JUST once with sincerety for forgiveness, then he WILL forgive us then how can you even think that he is not the most merciful?

Allah says that Oh son of Adam even if your sins were to pile up so high that they reach the sky then I would forgive you!

Even if we sin again and again but we ask him for forgiveness with sincerety then he will surely forgive us! All he wants is he slaves to repent and ask of him and he will answer his slaves prayers!

He's given us life, He feeds us, he clothes us, he does EVERYTHING for us and yet we are so unappreciative of his favours. Even if we were to spend the rest of our lives trying to think of the amount of favours he has done for us then this would be IMPOSSIBLE! How ungrateful we are after all this we still go against his commandments, but all we have to do is just once ask for forgiveness with a sincere heart and he will wipe ALL of our sins away! Then how can he not be though of as the MOST merciful!

Allah, the Exalted, says:

"Say: O `Ibadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: verily, Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful". (39:53)

"And never do We requit in such a way except those who are ungrateful (disbelievers)". (34:17)

'(Say:) `Truly, it has been revealed to us that the torment will be for him who denies (believes not in the Oneness of Allah, and in His Messengers), and turns away (from the truth and obedience of Allah)". (20:48)

"And My Mercy embraces all things". (7:156)

If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to ask.