Simply Amazing........

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome my dear brothers and sisters in Islam.........

Inshallah your fasting is going well and you are in good health and spirits.

I am posting this in the hopes it might make you smile.

Most of you already know I have been wearing my hijab everyday since Ramadan started. Of course I am not able to wear it to the store because we have a dress code but when I get off of work at the store I put it on and leave it on until I come home at night. Anyway there is this one old lady who lives downstairs from me and the first time she saw me with the hijab she actually got up OFF her couch and went to the window to stare at me as I came into the apartment building!!!! So I just thought that was creepy but I didnt let it bother me.

Now its been 3 days she has seen me wearing my hijab every day and finally last night when I entered the apartment building she came out in the hall and said "can I ask you a question?" so I said "Yes" and I already knew what she would ask me which I was right...........she said "whats up with all the new clothes and stuff you are wearing?" but when she was saying it she was pointing at my hijab. So I just calmly said "Im Muslim and this is hijab." She nodded as if she knew what I was talking about (but I know she didnt) and then I explained to her I am not able to wear it in my morning job because they have a dress code so thats why she doesnt see me wearing it in the morning when I leave for work but I wear it when I am able to. She said "oh I wondered because the first time I saw you with it I didnt even know who you were." As if she knows who I am anyway I have never spoken to her before...........hahaha. But I thought that was just so funny. Typical of how most people are acting. The people in my job at night have asked if Im wearing it for Ramadan but I told them "No Im wearing it for my religion and I will wear it even after Ramadan is over."

I thought maybe that story would put a smile on your face. I bought 2 new scarfs yesterday so I will be able to wear different colors. I feel so good to wear it now and I realize I was worried about nothing. Im doing it because my lord has commanded me to do it and Im sure he understands about the store because the intent in my heart is to wear it all the time.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Well sister..today the lady might have asked you about your clothes..tomorrow she might ask you what Islam is..and a week..a month..or a year down the road she might ask you what she should do to become a Muslimah!

Sobhanallah..from what I understood she had never interacted with you..but hijab made her talk to you..and perhaps that's a sign that you're not only fulfilling a commandment..but also on to something *very big* with much blessings from it..you never know who around you it's been decreed for him/her to be guided..and you can be the very reason why they take steps towards that guidance

Rasulullah (saaws) said: "relate from me [at least] a verse." [Bukhari]

And inshallah you will be able to relate a lot more!..and not only did you put a smile on my face..but you also made me tear up..because you reminded me of a couple of verses from The Qura'an that I read yesterday..describing a certain type of believers..jazaki Allah Al-Firdaws for all your iman!

May Allah Bless you and Guard you..Ameen

:wasalam:

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
See Sister this is an another dawah opportunity. :ma:
Give this lady a gift (something inexpensive) on Eid day, and see what happens !

Sister you have a great Ramadan !!!

BetAmakeR

Love Allah
mashallah such a beautiful story and i glad u able to make progress little by little everyday in your life. U know what sis, your story inspire me to face great challenge my life and i know Allah(swt) test me so that my iman will be more strengthen. i just hope one day i will be able to overcome all these test just like u (confidently, patient and full faith in Allah[swt]).

:salah:

Isra

aka Tree2008
Well sister..today the lady might have asked you about your clothes..tomorrow she might ask you what Islam is..and a week..a month..or a year down the road she might ask you what she should do to become a Muslimah!

Sobhanallah..from what I understood she had never interacted with you..but hijab made her talk to you..and perhaps that's a sign that you're not only fulfilling a commandment..but also on to something *very big* with much blessings from it..you never know who around you it's been decreed for him/her to be guided..and you can be the very reason why they take steps towards that guidance

Rasulullah (saaws) said: "relate from me [at least] a verse." [Bukhari]

And inshallah you will be able to relate a lot more!..and not only did you put a smile on my face..but you also made me tear up..because you reminded me of a couple of verses from The Qura'an that I read yesterday..describing a certain type of believers..jazaki Allah Al-Firdaws for all your iman!

May Allah Bless you and Guard you..Ameen

Wa alaikome salam sis.......you know you shame me now. Im so embarrassed that when she was asking me about my hijab I didnt even THINK of dawah. I was only wondering how someone who never spoke to me before would ask me why Im wearing "strange" clothing. I guess I missed that one and Im sad that it didnt even enter my mind.

Which verse in Quran I reminded you about sis?? I would like to read it too. Jazakallah khairan sis.

Isra

aka Tree2008
See Sister this is an another dawah opportunity. :ma:
Give this lady a gift (something inexpensive) on Eid day, and see what happens !

Sister you have a great Ramadan !!!

Wa alaikome salam brother.

That is a GREAT idea.........but what should I get her for EID? I was thinking of getting her a copy of Quran but that will take too long to get here in the mail and she probably wont just read it without knowing something about Islam first. Also thats what the Mormons and the Jehovah Witnesses do in the Christian religion and they come to your door all the time with their books so I dont want her to confuse Islam with those other religions.

WHAT can I get her??? I dont even KNOW her!!!!! Any suggestions?

Jazakallah khairan brother and I hope you have a great Ramadan as well.

Isra

aka Tree2008
mashallah such a beautiful story and i glad u able to make progress little by little everyday in your life. U know what sis, your story inspire me to face great challenge my life and i know Allah(swt) test me so that my iman will be more strengthen. i just hope one day i will be able to overcome all these test just like u (confidently, patient and full faith in Allah[swt]).

:salah:

As salamo alaikome brother.

Jazakallah khairan brother and I am happy that my story has inspired you to face your own challenge. We all have challenges and struggles and please believe me even though I was TERRIFIED to wear hijab in this country it was the LEAST of my problems. But anyway it is one less thing I need to struggle with now. I am happy I was able to wear hijab with very little trouble because for me that was a major accomplishment. Alhamdulillah! :tti_sister:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Wa alaikome salam sis.......you know you shame me now. Im so embarrassed that when she was asking me about my hijab I didnt even THINK of dawah. I was only wondering how someone who never spoke to me before would ask me why Im wearing "strange" clothing. I guess I missed that one and Im sad that it didnt even enter my mind.

Which verse in Quran I reminded you about sis?? I would like to read it too. Jazakallah khairan sis.

Sometimes..we extend goodness without being on the look-out of doing so..it is enough that you have the buds of a commandment blooming all over you as a *hijab*..before you utter a word ukhti..before the thought even comes to your head..you can very well be making *da'awa* better than the most eloquent of dae'ees..and if you *speak* of Islam..and you *answer questions*..then certainly..you're *making da'awa*..you don't need to be a Khalid Yasin or a Yusuf Estes in order for your da'awa to be *officialized*..so you shouldn't be embarrassed or ashamed *at all*..on the contrary..be pleased that you're not afraid to *declare* your faith to others :)

As for the verses that came to mind..they're two from two different Surahs

the first is:

"And whoso obey Allah and the Messenger, then they will be in the company of those on whom Allah has bestowed His Grace, of the Prophets, the truthful, the martyrs, and the righteous. And how excellent these companions are!" [An-Nisaa'a 69]

and the second is:

"The believers are only those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a fear in their hearts and when His Verses are recited unto them, they increase their Faith; and they put their trust in their Lord (Alone)" [Al-Anfaal 2]

They came to my mind as I was reading..I ask Allah (swt) to count you amongst the true believers and grant you the companionship of the prophets, the truthful, the martyrs, and the righteous as He (swt) Promises inshallah!

Isra

aka Tree2008
Sometimes..we extend goodness without being on the look-out of doing so..it is enough that you have the buds of a commandment blooming all over you as a *hijab*..before you utter a word ukhti..before the thought even comes to your head..you can very well be making *da'awa* better than the most eloquent of dae'ees..and if you *speak* of Islam..and you *answer questions*..then certainly..you're *making da'awa*..you don't need to be a Khalid Yasin or a Yusuf Estes in order for your da'awa to be *officialized*..so you shouldn't be embarrassed or ashamed *at all*..on the contrary..be pleased that you're not afraid to *declare* your faith to others :)

As for the verses that came to mind..they're two from two different Surahs

the first is:

"And whoso obey Allah and the Messenger, then they will be in the company of those on whom Allah has bestowed His Grace, of the Prophets, the truthful, the martyrs, and the righteous. And how excellent these companions are!" [An-Nisaa'a 69]

and the second is:

"The believers are only those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a fear in their hearts and when His Verses are recited unto them, they increase their Faith; and they put their trust in their Lord (Alone)" [Al-Anfaal 2]

They came to my mind as I was reading..I ask Allah (swt) to count you amongst the true believers and grant you the companionship of the prophets, the truthful, the martyrs, and the righteous as He (swt) Promises inshallah!

Wa alaikome salam dear sister.

Jazakallah khairan for your beautiful dua. It brought tears to my eyes sis. I pray the same for you. Really sis that was just beautiful.

rightpath_357

well, lots of converts actually read most of the quran before they reverted! so, i think u can get her a quran in english transelation, or whatever lauguage she reads.... maybe in simpler form, cause thats easier for me! :lol:

MashAllah,

I received this via email the other day:

Bismi Allah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem

comic_stanza1.png

comic_stanza2.png

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT??? CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT!

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
woow very nice cartoon :hijabi: :D

Good idea to start, I should create a dawa notebook to write such ideas :D:D

FreedomFighter

sis im so happy for you. your brave in what you are doing, and sisters like you and the other sisters here as well who have started to wear hijab, are an inspiration. may Allah bless you all and keep you strong.

a_stranger

:salam2: sister

You reminde me sister of some old days when i was the only student wearing higab in a muslem universty . They were looking at me as a strange thing but AlhamduliAllah when i remember those days i feel proud that i was the one who was obeying Allah by wearing higab ......Continue your good work ..I am sure Allah will reward you.

:salah::salah::salah::salah::salah::salah:

q8penpals

Wa alaikome salam brother.

That is a GREAT idea.........but what should I get her for EID? I was thinking of getting her a copy of Quran but that will take too long to get here in the mail and she probably wont just read it without knowing something about Islam first. Also thats what the Mormons and the Jehovah Witnesses do in the Christian religion and they come to your door all the time with their books so I dont want her to confuse Islam with those other religions.

WHAT can I get her??? I dont even KNOW her!!!!! Any suggestions?

Jazakallah khairan brother and I hope you have a great Ramadan as well.

Salam

what would be a nice gift (seeing as she asked you inthe first place) is maybe get her one of those "Complete Idiots Guide to Islam" or Islam for Dummies (you can say, "I DOn't mean to say you are an idiot or a dummy, of course, they are just easy to understand books!" - most Americans know those series of books anyway).

Accompany it with a sweet treat of some sort, and wrap it up with a bow!

That's my suggestion!

Isra

aka Tree2008
Salam

what would be a nice gift (seeing as she asked you inthe first place) is maybe get her one of those "Complete Idiots Guide to Islam" or Islam for Dummies (you can say, "I DOn't mean to say you are an idiot or a dummy, of course, they are just easy to understand books!" - most Americans know those series of books anyway).

Accompany it with a sweet treat of some sort, and wrap it up with a bow!

That's my suggestion!

Wa alaikome salam....

Another great suggestion sis. Hope I can find a book like that here. We do have a major bookstore near where I work the night job so I will try there first inshallah. Jazakallah khairan sis for your suggestions!

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
This is my opinion..

But I think buying her a Qura'an or a book about Islam..will..like you said make you seem *oh so very missionary-like*..if you want to give a gift to the lady to soften her heart towards Islam and/or Muslims..then you should pick something that's Islamic..but *symbolically* and *sentimentally* mellow so to speak..so you don't scare her *off*

So here's a few suggestions

I think you should buy a nice scarf for her..go to your local Dillard's..Younkers..and JcPenney's..in their areas for..hats..accessories..socks..gloves..and such..there's always a small area where they put fancy but averagely priced scarves..they're just *gorgeous* (I would know..I spend all of my money there lol)..and they're versatile..but reminiscent of *your hijab*..see where this is going? ;)..so definitely visit these stores when you have time..and fetch her one if you like..even if she will wrap it in a shawl-like fashion..it will be very special I am sure

And/or buy her prayer beads..that can be kept as a precious or even decorative element..not too long ago..I bought a gift for my dad from a site that sells prayer beads that are *breathtaking*..you should check it out..I think something like what is in the specific link below can be *very intriguing*..they're prayer beads made from *olive trees*..very awesome ha?

http://www.prayerbeadstore.com/product_detail/olive_002_prayer_beads_product_detail.html

and you can tell her that the olive tree is regarded by Muslims..because it is mentioned in our holy book..so you'll still be able to tie it back to Islam..without it being so *CONVERT-TO-ISLAM-NOW!!!!!!!!*..you know what I mean?

And/or..bake her a treat!..you know how you said you've been to Morroco sister?..well..you can look up a recipe of a Morrocan dessert (there are plenty..and they're considered the most delicious and even *healthiest!*..almost all Arabs agree on this..lol)..make it for her..put it in a pretty box..tell her about your trip there briefly..how special it was..and how you wanted to share something from Morroco's culture with her..and obviously she'll know that it is a land of Muslims..and you're sharing something special with her *as a Muslim*..and so on..you're catching the drift on this one too I'm sure :)

And the fact that you will give the gift to her *on Eid*..is something special on its own..and speaks *a lot* without being so *in her face*..because just because we want to call people to Islam or just soften their hearts towards it..it doesn't mean we should disregard their *comfort zones*..on the contrary..we should be *very sensitive* towards them :)

ama6621

Assalamu Alaikum dear sister Tree,
I second sister a_muslimah86's opinion. Giving her a Quran or a book on Islam may scare her off or make you seem very missionary like which the lady may not appreciate. I like all the ideas that sister muslimah has suggested. Even if you just go with a plate of cookies and tell her that you would like to gift them to her for Eid, Insha Allah her heart will soften and she will be more ready to have a conversation about Islam with you.

Assalamu Alaikum