Siraj Wahhaj

KhalidalAsadullah

Al Mujahid
Salam Aliekum Rahmatullah

Dear brothers and sisters, I was wondering your opinion of Siraj Wahhaj. I used to listen to his lectures quite frequently but I went to a conference and for some reason, they said his lectures should be avoided since his faith is not correct. Does anyone know why this is?

tirobadne

Siraj Wahaj!!!

:salam2:
what do they mean "his faith is not correct"? do they mean he is part of nation of islam? lets not backbite each other - :astag: beleiver is a beleiver?

Allah knows best

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam Alikom

I have been to ISNA conference's and the new conference which take place every December in TX they Both invite Siraj Wahaj, and I would say Mashallah he is Very well known scholar and a lot of people attend his lectures.

Specially the TX Dawah convention because it more organized than ISNA in terms of Sunnah following and separation between male/female and if there was any doubt on sheikh Siraj I don’t think they would invite him.

Again I didn’t listen to his lectures but Allah Alam he do a lot of work

Inshallah he is good scholar SHOULD BE SPEAKER NOT A SCHOLAR :biggrin:
wa salaam alikom

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
KhalidalAsadullah said:
Salam Aliekum Rahmatullah

Dear brothers and sisters, I was wondering your opinion of Siraj Wahhaj. I used to listen to his lectures quite frequently but I went to a conference and for some reason, they said his lectures should be avoided since his faith is not correct. Does anyone know why this is?

Wa alaykum Salam, perhaps you should have asked the people there

I would rather not have threads here debating about different speakers or groups. Its not the purpose of this site, there are others for that.

Secondly, this issue is one that Scholars decide. Unless of course the mistake is a grave and apparent one.

I am selective of whose lectures, sermons appear on this website. And i mention in the site rules that this site is not a "Free speech" site. So i will delete something i do not believe should be here and may not even give a reason. - If someone isnt happy with the rules, they dont need to be a member.

These are some of the negative aspects of having such a website, and there are other sites around which allow anyone to post anything.. the admin of those sites do not care. I do, and i wish people have access to good information.

Keep in mind that a scholar is one who studies Islam for decades, and is well known by those who have knowledge and is recommended by the Senior Ulema and Mufti's.... not just someone who has graduated from an Islamic University, not someone who can speak nicely and move the listeners to tears.... so whilst keeping that in mind, a lot of these speakers in the West are not Scholars at all and many do have some great mistakes.

Its difficult to explain the way i feel and what i have seen. Just that when you see a scholar who has sat with Scholars all their life, and knows the Quran and the tafsir of the Quran... the Hadith in the Six most Authentic Hadith books (literally thousands upon thousands of hadith), the chains of narration for each and every hadith, the life of each and every narrator in that hadith, the related hadith, the related commentary to that hadith, the verses from Quran which correspond to those.. etc etc all by heart and in their memory.. having memorised all the sayings made by the old scholars regarding these things... it just blows the mind away.. what having knowledge actually means. Then when you come to the West, what do we have? There is a global shortage of true Scholars who actually have knowledge. And this is the sign of the day of judgement.

However, the purpose of this site is not to point out mistakes or debate about various callers to Islam, this is mainly because i do not have the time or patience to moderate such a website.

You can imagine the workload of trying to control arguments... why something someone says is wrong or right. I want this place to be a happy place. lol

So as Senior Islamic scholars, including the Imam of the Prophet's Mosque in Madinah, Shaykh Hussein al Shaykh have allowed and even called for Muslim TV Stations, this site has video and is mainly geared at removing misconceptions about Islam, and to make a positive step towards showing people who do not know much about Islam what Islam is about. And related to that showing people what is happening in the Muslim world.

Although, it would be nice to allow for other discussions, its not possible.

wasalam.

Abu Juwairiya

Dear Tirobadne, Siraaj Wahaaj was a member of the Nation of Islam between 1969-1975, almost forty years ago. He has been a practising Muslim ever since.

Siraaj Wahaaj joined the Nation of Islam as an eighteen year old partially in response to the disgust he felt at white brutality against black people in the 1960s. He had said he was going to either join the Black Muslims or the Black Panthers because of the oppression of the time.

One year earlier, he described in a speech much later, he had cried all the way home, when he heard the news his hero of the time, Martin Luther King, had been assassinated.

Once in the Nation of Islam, Siraaj Wahaaj was also a Minister between 1973-75 and knew both Elijah Muhammad and Louis Farrakhan very well.

He left the Nation of Islam after Elijah's death in 1975 and as a senior member at the time, his sudden departure surprised and shocked both the higher echelons, the junior rank and file and the common masses.

Aapa

Mirajmom
The brother is good.

He has a short video on the hadith of the black hair on a white cow and a white hair on a black cow.....it makes you think. He has been the backbone for many Muslims here.

Remember he has a unique understanding of the social issues that face Muslims in the US.

He does not play games. He has fear of Allah swt. He has spent much time to help everyone. He is not a media lover. He is a man of the people.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

This is an old thread. Ironically I met Siraj Wahaj recently, and he seems like a good Imam with a lot of people respecting him. He does a lot for the various Muslim communities around the USA.

Wasalam