So I am 23 years old..but.......

What do you want yourself/your child/your futuristic child to be?

• Total voters

helpinghumanity

Assalamo alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Alhamdolillah in about 2 weeks I will be 23 years OLD/YOUNG…..speaking of relativity :)..lol

Last night just before the bed time, I began to analyze what I have done in these 23 years. It was astonishing for me to note that most of my achievements were related to worldly affairs. Almost none or very few achievements were related to the religion.

Then I began to think that We focus so much on worldly affairs that we tend to neglect our real purpose of creation. We do not plan or prepare ourselves for the upcoming exam; an exam whose results are dependent on our preparation in this world; an exam whose result will bring an everlasting happiness or on the other side sadness.

I began to speak to myself...
If I would have memorized ONE or two ayat/verses per day, by now I would have memorized the entire Quran.
If I would have memorized some hadith on daily basis, by now I would have memorized at least Sahih Bukhari and/ or Sahih Muslim or the entire saha- e- Sitta .
If I would have given dawah to at least half of the Non-Muslims with whom I interacted with, by now there would have been many families who would have accepted Islam (Off course the ultimate guidance is in the hands of Allah)

By applying these small but consistent efforts, I would have been a scholar by now.
Just being that, I would have better prepared myself to pass the ultimate test.
Just being that, I would have contributed positively to the Muslim society and would have planted trees that would have benefitted me even after my death.​

But sadly I didn’t work or planned myself to be on such a path. Alhamdolillah I just finished my studies by getting by a B.E (Bachelor of Engineering) degree in Mechanical Engineering and Nuclear Engineering. But unfortunately I didn’t became a hafiz (person who memorized the entire Quran)..etc.. and therefore I am in such a great loss.

Now I will throw the ball in your court

What sort of planning have you made for yourself/ your child/futuristic child?
What do you want yourself/your child/futuristic child to be?
Would you like to make them doctors, engineers, scientists, or any professional field? or
do you plan to make them the scholars of the Islam? OR
Both​

Please share your honest opinion and feel free to share your personal stories or the story of someone whom you know?

Jazakumullah Khairun…

wassalam

Shak78

:salam2:

What ever he wants to be and is good at. I want him to find a career that he likes and is good at. Since he is 2 right now I have not really thought that far ahead.

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Aslalamualaykum,

Brother - you are 23 years young :) Why are you talking like you are 90? Alhamdulillah you still have a young fresh eager brain and if you start today who knows what you can learn. Our lives are not over till the Almighty says so. So start your memorisations and do as much as you can until Allah decides to take you.
Its never too late (even for a 90yr old) because everything for Allah's sake and with Allah's blessing will Inshallah be easy.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
As salam 'alaykum

A learned person in Deen, i don't know whether it should be called scholar or not
And
A sword

strive-may-i

Assalamo alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Alhamdolillah in about 2 weeks I will be 23 years OLD/YOUNG…..speaking of relativity :)..lol
.....................................................................................*removed*
Walaikum salaam warahmathullaahi wabarakaathuhu

Speaking about relativity, I realized 23*365+5=8400; And there is 2 weeks left ie 14 days, 8400/14=600 --- Ah your 10 minutes

I also realized 23*365+5=8400; Thats lesser number than the number of posts by Aapa. And Aapa, one of the confessed oldest is still learning, just like my mother !! :)
So Dear Double Graduated Sir, be young at heart.... *Dont worry though you feel like a old lion, you are still a young cub...;) Okay now, I want to hear your roar :) *

And brother its said a man does not reach his peak physical power untill age of 26-28 [from research on sportsmen. Now now others dont underestimate our brothers powers, did you not hear the roar in some of his posts?? ]. And with age, wisdom does not come as a gift package anyways! So *ahem ahem*, what did you just say ;)

Sitting from far, watching you here and yours posts, I can say your parents have done their part for your deen and dunya. And, you too seem to have extended your shoulders, taken your part of responsibility and done your part. See what you can do from now on-wards, from now, you are your own man...

May Allah guide you and make you a more complete person. May you use all the talents Almighty has bestowed for the greater good of your own self and others too... Ameen

MuslimShadow

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu..

I totally agree with brother strive may i......:)

I will write more tomorrow...it's time for me to go to sleep..

strive-may-i

There is one more important thought school; this thought school feels, a purely deeni education, without a worldly education as means of living, is not good for most of masses. Every Muslim should be equally learnt in Deeni and Duniya, commensurate to his talents/abilities...

There is truth here, if someone asks me what caused the nations to fall behind and now imitate, just to catch up; then this is the reason, the segregation and rejection...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I have had health issues lately. And they gave me time to think. You know the serious stuff.

I spoke to my sons from the bottom of my heart. I told them to enjoy life. It is so good. I have had a wonderful life. Wonderful.

I told them the one thing I needed from them was no matter what to love Allah. If they remain true to the faith they will have nothing to worry about.

It is not what I want for them. I pray that I have attended to the responsibility given to me. I have instilled a love for Allah and that which is correct.

InshaAllah, they will remember that.

helpinghumanity

What ever he wants to be and is good at. I want him to find a career that he likes and is good at. Since he is 2 right now I have not really thought that far ahead.

:wasalam:

Narrated Ibn Umar (): The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “All of you are shepherds and each of you is responsible for his flock. A man is the shepherd of the people of his house and he is responsible. A woman is the shepherd of the house of her husband and she is responsible. Each of you is a shepherd and each is responsible for his flock.”[Bukhari, Al-Adab Al-Mufrad #212]

Are there any boundary lines that you would not like him to cross? Does being flexible means **Giving an absolute freedom**?

I am pretty sure that you may have made some solid thick lines which you would not like him to cross..

bmw540i

Salaams brother

I have a son age 19,:mashallah:my last born he is a Hafiz and he is in his first year medicine at varsity.You can do it just be positive.

muslimshabs

Asalamu alaikum...

I need to prove myself first before thinking about my kids...:)
so brother it is never late to start learning anything... only thing you have to do is to make a decision, forget the past and use every bit of coming second effectively...

MuslimShadow

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu..

Look at the bright side...

I'm 23 years young:) but.....

I may have spent a major part of my life gaining knowledge of this world but at least i can read and understand Qur'an and follow it.

I may not have given dawah to each and every person i have met but they know that i'm helpful and a muslim not a terrorist...

I may not be a hafiz but i can create a website and spread the message of islam...

I say bismillahir rahmanir rahim before doing my work and it becomes Ibadah..

I may not be able to recall each and every verse of the Quran which is not a criteria to enter jannah but i know la illaha illallah my key to jannah...

"One who is skilled in reading the Quran is with the noble, virteous angel who bring down the revelation;one who falters while reading it and finds it hard to read will have a double reward (for reading and exerting)" - Bukhari,Muslim

helpinghumanity

Aslalamualaykum,

Brother - you are 23 years young :) Why are you talking like you are 90? Alhamdulillah you still have a young fresh eager brain and if you start today who knows what you can learn. Our lives are not over till the Almighty says so. So start your memorisations and do as much as you can until Allah decides to take you.
Its never too late (even for a 90yr old) because everything for Allah's sake and with Allah's blessing will Inshallah be easy.

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullah sister,

Jazakumullah khairun for the encouraging words.

Death can reach one, **at any time and any place** without a prior notice. So one to be ready for it. Reflecting on ones past for a better future is some times required. One has to know where he/she stands and if he/she is ready to depart.

While reply I remember the words of Imam Siraj:

"It doesn't matter how we begin the race, it matters how we end it."

helpinghumanity

Walaikum salaam warahmathullaahi wabarakaathuhu

Speaking about relativity, I realized 23*365+5=8400; And there is 2 weeks left ie 14 days, 8400/14=600 --- Ah your 10 minutes

I also realized 23*365+5=8400; Thats lesser number than the number of posts by Aapa. And Aapa, one of the confessed oldest is still learning, just like my mother !! :
So Dear Double Graduated Sir, be young at heart.... *Dont worry though you feel like a old lion, you are still a young cub...;) Okay now, I want to hear your roar :) *

Assalamo alaikum brother

Mashallah your math skills are excellent. However I was unable to understand why you did (8400/14)?

Oh bro, when it comes to sister Aapa's number of posts vs. my age (in days) I cant compete will sister Aapa. She is taking a supersonic jet why I am riding on a bicycle. So there is no way you can have an intersection point.

This young cub still have to learn **How to yell**.
images

May Allah guide you and make you a more complete person. May you use all the talents Almighty has bestowed for the greater good of your own self and others too... Ameen
Ameen to your duaa's akhi. May Allah guide all of us