Somali Man stoned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idris16

:salam2:
Hardline Islamist militiamen in Somalia have stoned to death a man accused of raping and murdering a woman.

The execution took place in front of a large crowd in the town of Wanlaweyn, about 90km (55 miles) south of the capital Mogadishu.

The man was convicted by an unofficial court set up by the al-Shabab movement.

On Thursday in Mogadishu, al-Shabab - which advocates a strict form of Sharia - publicly amputated a hand and a foot from each of four men accused of theft.

"This man was accused of raping and killing an 18-year-old girl in May this year. The court found him guilty of the charges brought against him," Sheikh Mohamed Saleban, a local al-Shabab official, told AFP news agency on Sunday.

"He was a married man, which is why the court sentenced him to be stoned to death," he added, explaining that a rape conviction only incurs flogging.

Local resident Abdullahi Husein said most of the town's population turned out to watch the lynching, where gunmen banned cameras and mobile phones.

"Ten masked men from the al-Shabab forces stoned him to death in front of everyone. They had dug a hole, buried him to his neck before throwing stones at him," he told AFP.

Comments: No media out cry, Why?
Because it was a man stoned not a woman.
I won't be surprised if they say the man was a 13 year old boy stealing food. Al Shabaab made everything right in that situation. A man raped a woman then killed her while the man himself was married. So Islam says: Stone him!

:wasalam:

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

Actually I am a member of another board which tracks crime and such and they are lauding this action. This board usually tries to paint Islam in a negative light but they say more countries should copy shariah law in this case.

Of course groups like Amnesty international are speaking out against these punishments (particularly in Somalia at present) but they are anti-death penalty anyways.

Safiyah_

What the man did was awful and unacceptable but stone him? =S I'm shocked while reading this. I think it's a too heavy punishement. Now the people who stoned him are killers themselves no?
I think we should let Allah punish him. But of course that is my opinion. And amputation in public because someone stole something? What did they steal?
Stealing is haraam and unacceptable but still .. I think those punishments are tooo heavy!

BigAk

What the man did was awful and unacceptable but stone him? =S I'm shocked while reading this. I think it's a too heavy punishement. Now the people who stoned him are killers themselves no?
I think we should let Allah punish him. But of course that is my opinion. And amputation in public because someone stole something? What did they steal?
Stealing is haraam and unacceptable but still .. I think those punishments are tooo heavy!

Sister Sakinah. The above is within our Quran and Hadith. I am sure you have read the Quran... no??!!!!

ShyHijabi

Sister,

The punishament for zinah (for married person) in Islam is death. This was even worse than zinah because it was rape. Rape is about asserting one's power over another, not about sex. It's akin to a rabid animal, the only cure is death. What would you think is acceptable punishment for a rapist? Because in the states a rapist is put in jail and then released after a while...then he rapes again...over and over. One way to insure he will not rape again is to kill him, I don't see a problem with this punishment both from an Islamic perspective or a judicial one. If this person had raped your mother or grandmother (God forbid!) would you feel so merciful towards this monster?

As far as the thieves go, they had stolen objects such as cell phones, radios, etc., It's not like they were stealing food to survive, they were stealing due to greed. In saudi, where stealing is punished by amputation, there is virtually no theft at all. You can leave a pile of gold in the streets and it will still be there tomorrow. While you feel the punishments are too harsh they were used in the time of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and in countries where it's not practiced anymore, the criminals rule the streets. At some point they need to be responsible for their own actions and we should direct our sympathies toward the victims, not the perpetrators.

Wasalaam

BigAk

Of course I would never put the Quran and Sunnah aside, but let's do so for a sec for the sake of argument. My question to you is: Would you let a man who raped and killed your daughter go without punishment? If you say yes, then what sort of message would you be sending to the rest of your society's criminals? (Do commit all your crimes, we'll only punish you lightly here in this life).

I hope you see the logic in Allah's commands.

May Allah grant us the intellect to see His wisdom clearly and convey His message. Ameen.

BigAk

Idris... Would you please post the link of where you got the news.. I could not find it.. But, somehow in my Google search, I am finding about dozens of links about the stoning incident of the 13 year old girl of Nov 08!!!!

Jazak Allah Khair.

vegangoth

Banned

I agree with you!

The Death penelty is so wrong not matter what the situation. Humanity should stand up and show we are better than the common criminal and killing a murderer is just stopping to his level, frankly I'm better than that.

zainali

i dont know why everybody says that when some man rapes a women and if he's given a death penalty y everybody is cry foul , like what he did is rite , no one understands what goes through the women , after that truma , about the case in somalia he raped and killed that women , what was that womens fault , is it that she resisted to have sexual relations with him and she refused , for that she got killed , she lost her life what for ? , and if we dont punish the accused then no one would be afraid to do it again , and this will happen again .

DanyalSAC

I agree with you!

The Death penelty is so wrong not matter what the situation. Humanity should stand up and show we are better than the common criminal and killing a murderer is just stopping to his level, frankly I'm better than that.

So what would you suggest instead? Thirty years of taxpayer support trying to "rehabilitate" him, where he can get three square meals a day, access to a gym where he can build up his body, can get a college education & end up writing his life story and making millions type outcome that is prevalent here in the US? Only to be put back in 2 years later when he does it again?

Hand me a rock!

Seriously though - if his guilt has been proven beyond any doubt then I support the sentence.

vegangoth

Banned
So what would you suggest instead? Thirty years of taxpayer support trying to "rehabilitate" him, where he can get three square meals a day, access to a gym where he can build up his body, can get a college education & end up writing his life story and making millions type outcome that is prevalent here in the US? Only to be put back in 2 years later when he does it again?

Hand me a rock!

Seriously though - if his guilt has been proven beyond any doubt then I support the sentence.

I agree that the justice system as it stands needs to be re-evauated. Here in the UK prisoners seem to get a soft ride. But a leniant justice system does not jusitfy the death penelty especilly not by stoning which is pretty barbaric.

BigAk

I agree that the justice system as it stands needs to be re-evauated. Here in the UK prisoners seem to get a soft ride. But a leniant justice system does not jusitfy the death penelty especilly not by stoning which is pretty barbaric.

The stoning system serves another very important side which you're not seeing. Stoning serves are a reminder and as a lesson for those who watch which in turn will serve to deter the masses from committing or even thinking about crime. Can you imagine what lesson would be learned by the masses if they only heard on TV that so and so criminal had been executed painlessly using lethal injection in some isolated lab with no one to witness?? There would be absolutely no connection or no lesson learned with this method.

You're looking into a very small box in your head. You have to think out of that box in order to comprehend the bigger picture. A good start would be to really envision YOUR OWN sister or daughter getting raped and then killed in the most heinous way. Then tell me if YOU want to have mercy on that criminal. If you still insist on your idea, then you are truly delusional, and our efforts on this topic are futile.

Idris16

i dont know why everybody says that when some man rapes a women and if he's given a death penalty y everybody is cry foul , like what he did is rite , no one understands what goes through the women , after that truma , about the case in somalia he raped and killed that women , what was that womens fault , is it that she resisted to have sexual relations with him and she refused , for that she got killed , she lost her life what for ? , and if we dont punish the accused then no one would be afraid to do it again , and this will happen again .
it's so funny to hear when a man rapes a woman and gets arrested the people get so angry and wants him dead, but the stoning we see people call it 'barbaric' they dont know nothing abt somalia. somalia 20 years of war have witnessed rape incidents and the men dont get punishments until Al Shabaab was created.

stiks

Amatur-Rahman

Hand me a rock!

Exactly!

Funny though...hand me a rock

Safiyah_

I agree with you!

Indeed maybe they are right about death is the only way to stop the rapers but then we are going to the level of killers ourselves. If he deserves death then we should let Allah take care of it. HE is the one to decide about life or death!
I do agree with the fact that rapers and killers are getting out too easily in Europe! They stay in jail for a couple of years and are out again. If you kill someone in Belgium, u get out after 30 years!! :shymuslima1:
I just don't think we are the ones to end a persons life. No matter how bad he is! But no offence to people with another opinion.

Der Fragende

ahlu-sunnah.com
:salam2:

29:2 Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe", and that they will not be tested?
29:3 We did test those before them, and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false.

2:216 Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.

:wasalam:

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Do you know why prisons are so crowded today? I remember one ustaz known told me sometime ago. He visits prisons to rehabilitate / counsel some criminals whose crime among other was rape, murder, stealing, drug etc. He said that he has been visiting prisons for many years. That is part of his job to daawah prisoners. According to him apart from seeing new prisoners he also seeing the same persons keep coming back to prison for the same reason after released from prison. Very few of them really "repent and/or stop commiting" crime i.e. do not come back to prison. Why?

This is what will happen when bird brain mankind try to be smart by refusing Allah's law.

vegangoth

Banned
The stoning system serves another very important side which you're not seeing. Stoning serves are a reminder and as a lesson for those who watch which in turn will serve to deter the masses from committing or even thinking about crime. Can you imagine what lesson would be learned by the masses if they only heard on TV that so and so criminal had been executed painlessly using lethal injection in some isolated lab with no one to witness?? There would be absolutely no connection or no lesson learned with this method.

I sooo disagree with EVERYTHING you are saying. CP does not in any way deter criminals otherwise they would be no crime. Most crimes that would qualify for CP are not premedidated which would makes the deterent issue null and void. Lethal injection is in no way painless. infact many states in the US have banned the use of the one of the chemicals in the 3 syringe cocktail,From being used to euthinise animals due to the pain it causes. So if it causes pain in animals just imagine the pain it could cause on humans.

You're looking into a very small box in your head. You have to think out of that box in order to comprehend the bigger picture. A good start would be to really envision YOUR OWN sister or daughter getting raped and then killed in the most heinous way. Then tell me if YOU want to have mercy on that criminal. If you still insist on your idea, then you are truly delusional, and our efforts on this topic are futile.

My beielfs in the DP would not change if myself or any of my friends were raped, murderd. I don't belive in the old eye for an eye adige. You can punish an offender by jailing them for life and make sure they never get out. If that makes me delusional then so be it.

a_stranger

True Life

2:179 In the Law of Equality there is (saving of) Life to you, o ye men of understanding; that ye may restrain yourselves.

Translation of the meanings of Quran.

(And there is life for you in Al-Qisas) legislating the Law of equality, i.e., killing the murderer, carries great benefits for you. This way, the sanctity of life will be preserved because the killer will refrain from killing, as he will be certain that if he kills, he would be killed. Hence life will be preserved. In previous Books, there is a statement that killing stops further killing! This meaning came in much clearer and eloquent terms in the Qur'an:

[وَلَكُمْ فِي الْقِصَاصِ حَيَوةٌ]

(And there is (a saving of) life for you in Al-Qisas (the Law of equality in punishment).)

Abu Al-`Aliyah said, "Allah made the Law of equality a `life'. Hence, how many a man who thought about killing, but this Law prevented him from killing for fear that he will be killed in turn.'' Similar statements were reported from Mujahid, Sa`id bin Jubayr, Abu Malik, Al-Hasan, Qatadah, Ar-Rabi` bin Anas and Muqatil bin Hayyan. Allah's statement:

[يأُولِي الأَلْبَـبِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ]

(O men of understanding, that you may acquire Taqwa.) means, `O you who have sound minds, comprehension and understanding! Perhaps by this you will be compelled to refrain from transgressing the prohibitions of Allah and what He considers sinful. ' Taqwa (mentioned in the Ayah) is a word that means doing all acts of obedience and refraining from all prohibitions.

Ibn katheer

vegangoth

Banned
2:179 In the Law of Equality there is (saving of) Life to you, o ye men of understanding; that ye may restrain yourselves.

Translation of the meanings of Quran.

(And there is life for you in Al-Qisas) legislating the Law of equality, i.e., killing the murderer, carries great benefits for you. This way, the sanctity of life will be preserved because the killer will refrain from killing, as he will be certain that if he kills, he would be killed. Hence life will be preserved. In previous Books, there is a statement that killing stops further killing! This meaning came in much clearer and eloquent terms in the Qur'an:

[وَلَكُمْ فِي الْقِصَاصِ حَيَوةٌ]

(And there is (a saving of) life for you in Al-Qisas (the Law of equality in punishment).)

Abu Al-`Aliyah said, "Allah made the Law of equality a `life'. Hence, how many a man who thought about killing, but this Law prevented him from killing for fear that he will be killed in turn.'' Similar statements were reported from Mujahid, Sa`id bin Jubayr, Abu Malik, Al-Hasan, Qatadah, Ar-Rabi` bin Anas and Muqatil bin Hayyan. Allah's statement:

[يأُولِي الأَلْبَـبِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ]

(O men of understanding, that you may acquire Taqwa.) means, `O you who have sound minds, comprehension and understanding! Perhaps by this you will be compelled to refrain from transgressing the prohibitions of Allah and what He considers sinful. ' Taqwa (mentioned in the Ayah) is a word that means doing all acts of obedience and refraining from all prohibitions.

Ibn katheer

I'm not understanding all of this, are you saying that Allah wants killers to be killed?

Status
Not open for further replies.