SOMALI WITH.....

aminaAfrah

La ilaaha illal laah
Dear Brothers and Sisters.

:SMILY23: I don't know what happend with my previous thred so i'm sending again.I've got question : is Somali man allowed to marry white muslim women???Is something strange and difrente with this???Is this some kind of shame???I really have to know this becouse I'm ready to get married with my Somali best friend and he also decided that he wanna sped his life with me and he never live me but he thinks that,that kind of marige never happed.It is really BREAKING MY HEART.What should i do??Is he telling me true that we will be together for ever??Should i wait???i realy don't know!!!Sisters any help??:tti_sister:

amira87

I love Allah
Salam alikum

hello there sister, I just wanted to say that I grew up living around somali people and I just wanted to say that you can marry whoever you want, and the color of the skin should never come between that. I know why you ask because alot the somalians that live in my area are very quick to judge another muslim when they see that they are another race besides somalian. I am not saying this to critisize anyone, I just wanted to let you know from my point of view. I know alot of good somalian people, and i am sure there is prejudous people in all cultures. I just wanted help you see that we are all brothers and sisters in islam no matter what color our skin is and no matter what culture we come from, and remember that there is also a fine line between culture and Islam, and they shoud never be mixed together. Inshallah Allah will make easy for you.

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
In islamic way of course. I am somalian but i real don't know about the tradition way. Some mothers might not wnat their boys marrying "American girls" or Arabic for that matter they want to find suitable girl which means girl from their culture who they can treat their way and i think it is every mother around the world. I know a sister who get marry to American muslim brother and some people think it is strange but it is cool thing. I can tell you that have happen especially between arabic girl and somalian. I don't get about the whole being together for ever. Is he saying ones marry you can't leave him or something? If he is saying that i real think he is saying from his prespective. Sis not every marriage works but that doesn't mean you shouldn't marry. Anyways good lucky!!

Casket for hounds

:SMILY23: I don't know what happend with my previous thred so i'm sending again.I've got question : is Somali man allowed to marry white muslim women???Is something strange and difrente with this???Is this some kind of shame???I really have to know this becouse I'm ready to get married with my Somali best friend and he also decided that he wanna sped his life with me and he never live me but he thinks that,that kind of marige never happed.It is really BREAKING MY HEART.What should i do??Is he telling me true that we will be together for ever??Should i wait???i realy don't know!!!Sisters any help??:tti_sister:

It’s not a shame for a Somali guy/girl to marry a white/black/pink person and it's not unislamic either so long the person is a Muslim. But I have to be frank with you, some parents don’t allow their children to marry anyone else but Somali...With all that said the person who is marrying their daughter/son not only does he/she has to be somalian but they also have to come from the same tribe as the daughter if not cousins..Some somalians are different and they let their daughters marry any pious suitable man but majority are as I mentioned above.

If I were you I will make sure before I get my hopes high and get all caught up in the middle of it all…. Inshallah all goes well and if doesn’t work it’s not your fault or his…it’s because you are not meant to be..

I hope somalians were less rigid about this I guess people have different cultural ignorance related problems..sigh

:salam2:

khalillulah

islam doesn't sort out race/culture when it comes to the issue of marriage, as a somalian i know some somali parents may have some prejudice when it comes to intermarriages, some may even have stereotypes for other races, this all is due to lack of islamic knowledge, it's really hard to change the culture of people esp somalis, but if you discern that he really loves you and you believe the marriage will be successful then GO FOR IT and overlook all the obstacles,

GOOD LUCK
Maasalam

khalillulah

islam doesn't sort out race/culture when it comes to marriage, as a somalian i know some parent may have some prejudice when it comes to intermarriages, some may even have stereotypes for other races, this all is due to lack of islamic knowledge, i know it's really hard to change cultures esp somalis, but alhamdulillah the knowledge is filtering in. But if you discern that he really loves you and marriage will be successful then GO FOR IT and overlook all the obstacles.
GOOD LUCK
maasalam

zakariya

salamu alakum
hi sisters we understand what u understand but if we marry others than who marry my sisters my mothers sow on
so i wish the somalian men marry others walahi somalian women will be go crzy thats way we keeping u somalian women
so u have to understand as other ways u will be going crzy like other black womes becouse black men go to white women but somali men is not like that
becouse we want to keep beauti of somalian

do u now bro and sis the {D N A} of humans are 3 for this world
1}are somalian other 2 are other humans so is we go to other will lose soomalian people in this world so bro and we mast to keep beauti of soomalian

i did not want to to say dont marry other muslims but we have to keep soomaalian salam

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
It’s not a shame for a Somali guy/girl to marry a white/black/pink person and it's not unislamic either so long the person is a Muslim. But I have to be frank with you, some parents don’t allow their children to marry anyone else but Somali...With all that said the person who is marrying their daughter/son not only does he/she has to be somalian but they also have to come from the same tribe as the daughter if not cousins..Some somalians are different and they let their daughters marry any pious suitable man but majority are as I mentioned above.

If I were you I will make sure before I get my hopes high and get all caught up in the middle of it all…. Inshallah all goes well and if doesn’t work it’s not your fault or his…it’s because you are not meant to be..

I hope somalians were less rigid about this I guess people have different cultural ignorance related problems..sigh

I agree with the sister.

Wish you all the best inshallah...

:wasalam:

aminaAfrah

La ilaaha illal laah
If he's a Muslim and you're a Muslim, Christian or Jew then he can marry you! The color of skin or race has no bearing on it. There's nothing wrong with it or shameful about it. Even if it never happened before or looks strange to your friends, that doesn't make it forbidden :)

BTW, your name suggests you're Muslim but your profile says you're not.
salam sister i am muslim but i don't know how to cange the profile and if i can.

Ibn_adam

Sister as a Somali brother this race issue is not really a problem they (parents) might object but they will get used to it and treat you as there own. somalis families can be very traditional sometimes... some families only except cousins some only marry from the same tribe and some are more relaxed. anyways since he is a man he doesnt really need his parents permission to marry:). Dont worry sister so long as he is a Mulsim and he is PRACTICING.

Zahfan

Thank you for your interesting thread. I have also thought about this. I am Somali young man I would like to marry with islamic arab girl. Yes we know there's no matter with the colour of skin but we may know what we are meaning for. The one thing that makes this difficult is that would the parenst of arab girl allow Somali to marry their daughter. A long discussion wi be needed.

Zahfan

Thank you for your interesting thread. I am also young Somali male who wants to marry white muslim woman - arab girl meaning. We all know that there's nothing wrong with the colour but we know one possible problem that we could face. If I want to marry one arab girl I think that a long discussion with her parents will be needed. Some parents would not let her to me but I pray Allah some parents to let their daughter to get married with me.

:salah:

aminaAfrah

La ilaaha illal laah
salamu alakum
hi sisters we understand what u understand but if we marry others than who marry my sisters my mothers sow on
so i wish the somalian men marry others walahi somalian women will be go crzy thats way we keeping u somalian women
so u have to understand as other ways u will be going crzy like other black womes becouse black men go to white women but somali men is not like that
becouse we want to keep beauti of somalian

do u now bro and sis the {D N A} of humans are 3 for this world
1}are somalian other 2 are other humans so is we go to other will lose soomalian people in this world so bro and we mast to keep beauti of soomalian

i did not want to to say dont marry other muslims but we have to keep soomaalian salam

Salam.
Brother i understand what u comin from but don't u believe in real love??????
anyway , every country have a their own beauty NOT ONLY SOMALIANS!and in this world is NOT ONLY SOMALIANS and 'others' (how u sayin).don't u realise that??? AND IN PARADISE OR WHATEVER IT'S NOT GONNA BE DIFERENTE PLACE FOR SOMALIANS ONLY!!don't u know this brother??? SO WHAT U WANNA KEEP IN THIS WORLD???do u wanna take all somalians with u to the grave???maybe for u is important what u have in this world and what u wanna keep and what u think u can loose but remember ALLAH IS ALL KNOWER.for me important is to KEEP LOVE FROM ALLAH AND BE A BETTER MUSLIM!!So brother i will pray for u, INSHALLAH u will change your stereotype mentality.

aisha931

:tti_sister: I am white and american,,,,and my husband is Somali, so yes it is possible. i do know that many somali families want for their children to marry within their own race because they feel they want to preserve their customs, language and culture. i am lucky that my husbands family has welcomed me and treated me very well, though they did make sure that i learned some of his culture and what is expected of a "somali" wife. many of the families, that are not in america find it hard to believe that their are good muslim women here, they fear for their children losing their religion due to american culture. it would be good for the family to get to know you, maybe then they will see you as a muslim sister, and not a white woman.

aminaAfrah

La ilaaha illal laah
:tti_sister: I am white and american,,,,and my husband is Somali, so yes it is possible. i do know that many somali families want for their children to marry within their own race because they feel they want to preserve their customs, language and culture. i am lucky that my husbands family has welcomed me and treated me very well, though they did make sure that i learned some of his culture and what is expected of a "somali" wife. many of the families, that are not in america find it hard to believe that their are good muslim women here, they fear for their children losing their religion due to american culture. it would be good for the family to get to know you, maybe then they will see you as a muslim sister, and not a white woman.
salam sister i know what u comin from but the problem is that he don't have family here and i think that he is ashamed of the friends.it is sad but i have to deal with it or just forget about everything.anyway thank u all!!!!:tti_sister:

huda2

salam sister i know what u comin from but the problem is that he don't have family here and i think that he is ashamed of the friends.it is sad but i have to deal with it or just forget about everything.anyway thank u all!!!!:tti_sister:

Hey sis aminah, dont worry abt it. Somali are really freindly people, and they value family a lot. No parents want their children to lose their religion, custom, so thats what they fear mostly as any parents would, but they are not hateful people as matter as fact,they are very loving and very easy to get long with. So insha allaah if u are a good muslim they will welcome u and accept u as u are one of their own. I have many freinds who marry somalis and they are very happy with them. So insha allaah welcome sis. I'm the first one who will welcome u in our somali family so welcome sis. And he shouldnt be ashamed of u coz u are not the first white woman who married somali.
If u need any information or have questions I'm here for u insha allaah good luck sis.

huda2

Hey sis Aminah, dont worry somalis are very freindly, and easy to get long with. As any parents would our parents fear of losing our religion,culture, language when it comes marriage of different race. Especially when they dont know how religious the other person is, but they will accept you as u are one of their own if u are a good muslim. They are not hateful as matter as fact, they are very loving and value family alot. I gurantee u wouldnt feel out sider. I have sister in law who is white american and we welcomed and love her and treat her like one of us. So insha allah pray salat istikhara and ask allah fr help. In these days there are many somalis men and women marrying other muslims so it really doesnt matter what race u are. We all are muslims and one umaah so that all we should care abt it. Insha allah I will be the first one to welcome u in our somali famly insha allaah.
If u have any question I'm here fr u sis. i wish u good luck insha allaah.

aminaAfrah

La ilaaha illal laah

Hey sis Aminah, dont worry somalis are very freindly, and easy to get long with. As any parents would our parents fear of losing our religion,culture, language when it comes marriage of different race. Especially when they dont know how religious the other person is, but they will accept you as u are one of their own if u are a good muslim. They are not hateful as matter as fact, they are very loving and value family alot. I gurantee u wouldnt feel out sider. I have sister in law who is white american and we welcomed and love her and treat her like one of us. So insha allah pray salat istikhara and ask allah fr help. In these days there are many somalis men and women marrying other muslims so it really doesnt matter what race u are. We all are muslims and one umaah so that all we should care abt it. Insha allah I will be the first one to welcome u in our somali famly insha allaah.
If u have any question I'm here fr u sis. i wish u good luck insha allaah.

Thank You Sis i'm appriecite for you advice.And i like somalis a lot :) :) sisters are really helpfull and open and i can feel that u are like that. JAZAKALLAHU KHAYRN.I will pray for being a better muslimah.:inshallah:
:)