Some of you might know me...

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
.. but most of you don't. I'm the same JaG from the Ib boards.

For those that don't know, I just took shahada last week after a struggle between Christianity and Islam. I just felt like I was being led towards Islam the more I thought about it and the more I prayed about it.

I don't regret that decision for a minute, but I realize that it will not be an easy road. I still haven't told any of my friends or family about my conversion, and I'm not sure they will like it when I do tell them. I've decided to become a better Muslim first and learn more about it so that I can show them through my words and deeds that I'm becoming a better man and also answer any questions with confidence.

I don't know how long that will take, but I pray every day that Allah will guide my steps and open the hearts and minds of my family.

mezeren

what a blessing!

:salam2:

Congratulations,brother.Allah has chosen you to be a muslim,off course, you had not closed your heart to the truth.

May Allah make you strong in islam and lead your family to the salvation.

Take it step by step.The more you learn about islam,the firmer your beleif will become.

Take care.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Make Allah subhana talla give you strenght. You have entered in the home of Peace.
You are not alone anymore. You have a rather large family now...somewhere in the billion range.
Whatever we can do for you we will.

I will keep you in my dua (supplication).

Enjoy your blessings.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Turn To Islam.

For those that don't know, I just took shahada last week after a struggle between Christianity and Islam. I just felt like I was being led towards Islam the more I thought about it and the more I prayed about it.

I don't regret that decision for a minute, but I realize that it will not be an easy road. I still haven't told any of my friends or family about my conversion, and I'm not sure they will like it when I do tell them. I've decided to become a better Muslim first and learn more about it so that I can show them through my words and deeds that I'm becoming a better man and also answer any questions with confidence.

I don't know how long that will take, but I pray every day that Allah will guide my steps and open the hearts and minds of my family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:

There Is No God But Allah s.w.t
And The Prophet Muhammad s.a.w
Is Allah s.w.t Messenger.

:ma:
Alahmdulillah!

Welcome back to Islam
brother.

Glad to have you with us.

~May Allah s.w.t help and guide you~Amin!

Take care!
~Wassalam.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum;

welcome to TTI forum. Hopely you will enjoy your time in here.

p.s. yes I think I might know you... :lol:

sister harb

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Ah, I see a familiar face, sister harb.

Still making with the smilies, I see. :lol:

Thanks everyone for the replies...

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I dont know who you are, since this is the only Islamic board im on. But welcome :)

Alhamdulilah you are amongst many reverts from Christianity, like me :D Just know that you are following in the Path of Jesus (Isa) may allah be pleased with him, who also worshiped 1 creator, who is Allah subhana wa ta ala.

Insha Allah you will one day tell your family and friends and it will go well. But if you dont tell them right away its okay. I actually didnt tell my family, they found a huge 10 pound Qur'an and pretty much knew.

Also, insha Allah you will come to love TTI. We have some very knowledgeable brothers and sisters here. :)

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Well I have my own house and rarely have visitors, so at least I can practice at home without any hostility from friends or family.

There is still a lot that I don't know about Islam yet, but inshallah I will learn as I go. At least one new thing per day is what I'm aiming for.

It was suggested to me on the other board that I should try to find a good Muslim wife to help me with my faith, but I think I should worry about becoming a better man first and then a husband later (if that is Allah's will for me). Besides, I can't ask a sister to share the burden of dealing with my family. That would not be fair to her.

If it is Allah's will that I should marry, He will provide.

For now, I walk this path alone.

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

Brother,
You will be tested by Allah SWT. I pray that Allah SWT make your tests easy one and you pass the them with honors, Ameen.

DanyalSAC

Welcome brother. Take it one day at a time. Remember it took 23 years for ALLAH the Most Merciful to perfect our religion for us. Don't expect to get perfect in it overnight. I took shahadah in Dec of 2008 and it has been up and down, but for every question I have found the answer in Islam.

May ALLAH guide you and keep you on the straight path, amin.

Jen77

Welcome to TTI brother. I hope you enjoy your time here. Just remember to always trust in Allah. No matter what test we go through He is always there for us.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise

Congratulations my brother and welcome to Islam and also to TTI. :shake:

May Allah (SWT) help you and make you one of the best among us, and grant you Jannah Al-Firdous in the hereafter.

Informing friends and relatives about the reversion is not mandetory, specially if you feel there will be hostility. I think you are doing the right thing by first learning Islam more and more every day, and making yourself stronger in faith and also becoming a better person before letting friends and relatives know. I like your plan.

This will be you first major test. But InshaAllah you will pass it with flying colors. Just pray to Allah (SWT) to help you and make it easy for you.

I am sure you have read Quran. Now try this website also: http://www.tafheem.net/tafheem.html

This website provides explanation of nearly every ayah (verse) of the Quran. Also it has a Intro button. This "Intro" gives the details and background of that Surahs (chapters). I like this website and it helped a lot. Hope you will like and benefit from it too.

I love you my brother for the sake of Allah.
Stay strong and be proud that you have chosen the best and straight path for yourself.
:wasalam: