Someone tell me if this is for real.

arzafar

it's messed up alrite.
the original fatwa was from egypt
they are basically trying to bend the shariah law (and going to pathetic levels) to allow gender mixing.

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/141208

P.S. kudos to the reporter as she has researched the correct islaamic ruling on the subject and reported it alongside the story.

kayleigh

"A fatwa issued recently about adult breast-feeding to establish "maternal relations" and preclude the possibility of sexual contact"

I laughed. adult breast feeding IS sexual contact, my God.

I hope this isn't true.

Ashima33

"A fatwa issued recently about adult breast-feeding to establish "maternal relations" and preclude the possibility of sexual contact"

I laughed. adult breast feeding IS sexual contact, my God.

I hope this isn't true.

Well, but in the article they were talking about how women would pump their milk and have it given to a man in a glass so it's okay for them to be in mix gendered environments. A friend said he looked some stuff up online to see if it was true or not, and claimed the info just got worse and worse. He said he found info stating it was being demanded of women in the work place so they could have mixed gendered environments.

It makes me want to vomit.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamualikum.During the prophets time,when a woman adopted a child she was required to breastfeed if she still breatsfeeding so that the child becomes her mahram.

As for your question,I remembered I posted something similar thread but it wa sremoved due to inapropriat picture(and sorry I didn't notice it while copy paste).

Honestly lets use logic.If a woman breatsfeed a man who is in his late 30 for example and he becomes her mahram just because of her milk and she goes without hijab and less covering cloths,do you think that guy is going to bare in mind that she is mahram and he is not suppose to have any feelings?

Syaitan will just come and poison his mind and he is not going to bother about her being his mahram just because of the breastmilk.

Any man will be turned on if a woman is attractive.This is the men's nature.

In today's society sumbang-mahram is very well known and am not going to mention the country but those know where am from should know.and blood relation did not prevent them from not behaving in such manner and am wondering if some liter of milk will stop any kind of non islamic act.

I have heard of it but never knew people would practice it.Even if people are so ignorant to practice it I would strongly say that it is not going to change anything.As long as women appeared attractive infront of any men..syaitan will begin to play his game.

Allah knows the best.

Assalamualikum :)

revert2007

Love Fishing
Well, but in the article they were talking about how women would pump their milk and have it given to a man in a glass so it's okay for them to be in mix gendered environments. A friend said he looked some stuff up online to see if it was true or not, and claimed the info just got worse and worse. He said he found info stating it was being demanded of women in the work place so they could have mixed gendered environments.

Well am not sure but am not surprise as well if this whole stuffs came from women themselves..REcently women want to be the imam and want to pray together with men and they want their "equal rights" which easily can take them to hell honestly..They are simply being influenced by the western and they want the so called equal rights.Am wondering what rights are they talking about..

Perhaps women these days wanto go out in the hot sun and work hard like men instead of spending some quality time with some bunh of girl in the spa..Well as a woman i prefer the second choice :)

Islam has made it very clear the roles and duties of male and females and if anyone changes the nature of it,things will end up in disaster...I will still say that men go out and work and women stay at home.If women have no choice and want to be the " independant women" then they should act according to the rules and regulations of Allah and stop acting smart and keep on demanding rights on behalf of other women.

Just simple question.A woman can go out and work as man.I agree.But can a man take care the child and breastfeed the child and of course clean the house and cook for the family?

Please do not mention instant milk,having maid,or even eating outside.If woman prefer to use instant milk,having maid and eating unhealty food..i would just say what is the reason of marriage in the first place. Men are spending too much on women who do not do their role as a wife.Hvaing a maid is much cheaper and maid do not nagg and do not complaint and give smore respect.

I know the world is going crazy but that doesn't mean we have to go crazy as well.AS long we know our duty as a wife and women in Islam,thinsg will be so easy.

On the day of judgement Allah is not going to question how much salary you make by working as men..Allah will question your duty as a wife and as a mother.

Allah knows the best.

Assalamualikum

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

First not all western culture is messed up and not all eastern culture is messed up..but a whole lot inbetween is messed up.

The only instances I know where a man has to have breastmilk is if he is a long term opium addict.

People play with the Laws of Allah. Words are twisted to make situations sin free.

And I agree with Sister Revert, in a perfect world I would have not have worked. However, Allah knows the specific conditions of everyone. I have to be the man and the woman. And I am not alone.

Back to breastmilk. I am going to leave this be.

kayleigh

That makes no logical sense whatsoever. Breast milk isn't some magical substance that will make you part or someones family if you drink it.

Revert, this has NOTHING to do with feminism. I'm positive women are not advocating this lol. In fact, they're saying it is stupid. This has to do with some very strange men who are looking for loopholes for God knows what reason.

You're using this thread to rant about things completely unrelated to this topic by saying women who don't breastfeed or who hire maids are bad wives/mothers, or discussing what a "woman's place" is. It's just going to cause drama and is totally unnecessary and has nothing to do with this article.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

When I was reading the accounts of the Opium Wars..there were descriptions of old men who would have younger women feed them. After many years of opium use the stomach can not tolerate much food. For some reason breastmilk worked. It makes sense. This was the state that men were reduced to after becoming addicts.

Sometimes in search for the Truth we encounter little tidbits of facts that serve little use until you come to a post like this. Now..I am wondering are there opium addicts who have paid a scholar or two...Allah forgive me for speculation..thus I am easing my way out of this.

FreedomFighter

:wasalam:

This can't be for real?? These are sheikhs? What do Muslims say to non Muslims who bring this up? This is too bad. Astaghfirullah. Please advice. But it's not possible that the fatwa will be issued, right?

revert2007

Love Fishing
:wasalam:

This can't be for real?? These are sheikhs? What are we supposed to say to non Muslims who bring this up? This is too bad. Astaghfirullah. Please advice, what do we say? Do we expect them to be silent on this issue? Or do we tell them this is completely wrong? But they will say the sheikh said it? But it's not possible that the fatwa will be issued right?
The fatwa was issued by a "sheikh" from Al-Azhar,Egypt but that person has been sacked.So I guess we do not need to pay too much of attention on this issue. :)

dna1987

Muslim Guy
The original adult breast-feeding fatwa was issued three years ago by an Egyptian scholar at Egypt's al-Azhar University, considered Sunni Islam's top university. Ezzat Attiya was expelled from the university after advocating breast-feeding of men as a way to circumnavigate segregation of the sexes in Egypt.

Yes, he was sacked.

A year ago, Attiya was reinstated to his post.

And then he got his job back... :S

I don't understand what this guy used to justify his original fatwa in the first place.

FreedomFighter

The fatwa was issued by a "sheikh" from Al-Azhar,Egypt but that person has been sacked.So I guess we do not need to pay too much of attention on this issue. :)

It had been issued? Oh I see, they can make it then issue it. But do we know what this sounds like? We do not choose who our brothers and sisters get to be, it is God alone who chooses that for us. And then just imagine this fatwa..

revert2007

Love Fishing
It had been issued? Oh I see, they can make it then issue it. But do we know what this sounds like? We do not choose who our brothers and sisters get to be, it is God alone who chooses that for us. And then just imagine this fatwa..
That is the reason we need to ignore this fatwa.as it is no longer accepetd by other well known scholars.:)

FreedomFighter

Mistake, they will not be brothers and sisters, but mother and son which is still out of question in this case.