something to think about at HAJJ

esperanza

revert of many years
assalam alaykum sisters and brothers

as millions come from all over the world,,,and gather for pilgrimage...all as equals all there for the same purpose

let us think of this,,,and think about how we are in everyday life

we all have some way of differentiating generalising and even sometimes have prejudice and resentment against other groups

arabs non arabs reverts non reverts...asians non asians hijabis non hijabis men with beards those without etc...

we are not the ones to judge others thats between them and their god

and its sad to see that when islam states all are equal before god..some of us have feelings of superiority or inferiority or at least differences based upon race culture background

and yes im guilty of this too

so this hajj let us all try to change ,,,,

may Allah strengthen us in our faith

wishing you all a blessed EId

sister esperanza

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
:salam2: Ameen dear Esperanza, this world will never be a ideal world i think but at least muslims to be like one person, i love ALL muslims and those that hurted me i love them even more, are not just words :tti_sister: with Allah is the justice

The Prophet ﷺ said that: “Whoever suffers an injury and forgives (the person responsible), God will raise his status to a higher degree and remove one of his sins” (Al-Tirmidhi). If we can sincerely forgive those who anger us, inwardly and outwardly, then that cleanses our souls from the shaytan (satan) and his negative energy. It is important to disregard vain criticisms and this is the first step toward being tolerant.

Of course, this is not done without difficulty because it is hard to understand why those who have caused us grievances wanted to do so in the first place. But this is where the battle with our inner self can take a positive turn and allow us to elevate our iman (faith). This inner struggle is what the Prophet ﷺ called “The Greater Jihad” because it involves tolerance and fighting the evil within ourselves in order to purify our hearts. This is always done for the sake of Allah and to purify our spiritual conditions.

by Hanaa Hamad

esperanza

revert of many years
:salam2: Ameen dear Esperanza, this world will never be a ideal world i think but at least muslims to be like one person, i love ALL muslims and those that hurted me i love them even more, are not just words :tti_sister: with Allah is the justice

The Prophet ﷺ said that: “Whoever suffers an injury and forgives (the person responsible), God will raise his status to a higher degree and remove one of his sins” (Al-Tirmidhi). If we can sincerely forgive those who anger us, inwardly and outwardly, then that cleanses our souls from the shaytan (satan) and his negative energy. It is important to disregard vain criticisms and this is the first step toward being tolerant.

Of course, this is not done without difficulty because it is hard to understand why those who have caused us grievances wanted to do so in the first place. But this is where the battle with our inner self can take a positive turn and allow us to elevate our iman (faith). This inner struggle is what the Prophet ﷺ called “The Greater Jihad” because it involves tolerance and fighting the evil within ourselves in order to purify our hearts. This is always done for the sake of Allah and to purify our spiritual conditions.

by Hanaa Hamad

thank you for replying and this wise reply dear sister

a_stranger

:salam2:sister
I think the key to achieve such state is to be a better slave of Allah subhanahu wa taala our creator, to surrender our will to him , to remmeber death and what is after death. We should respond to the call:

And vie one with another for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a paradise as wide as are the heavens and the earth, prepared for those who ward off (evil); (133) Those who spend (of that which Allah hath given them) in ease and in adversity, those who control their wrath and are forgiving toward mankind; Allah loveth the good; (134) And those who, when they do an evil thing or wrong themselves, remember Allah and implore forgiveness for their sins - Who forgiveth sins save Allah only? - and will not knowingly repeat (the wrong) they did. (135) The reward of such will be forgiveness from their Lord, and Gardens underneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide for ever - a bountiful reward for workers! (136)

Quran ,2