Sometimes i dont want to lower my gaze

A gift

:salam2:

when i walk at the street i usually look down cuz i dont want to look at any starnger man on his eyes or even look at anybody man or woman . but there are some moments i just dont look i stare (of course without making them notice in order not to hurt them) at this young man who cant walk and strugling to walk while there are so many healthy people want to drive the best cars and i look at this little homeless boy who cant eat while people dont know what to do with their money and many many things that i just cant prevent myself but looking at them . but i when i look i feel i gain something it teaches me something but i really dont know if i am right or wrong ? i dont know if i should lower my gaze all the time when i really want to learn something from those people walking on the street each one of themhas his\her own story ?i dont know may be you should tell me if i am wrong ?:)

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahe Wabarakaathuh sister. As for your question, let's understand what Rasulallah (SAW) advised us about when it comes to The Forbidden Gaze. It does not mean that it is Haraam to look at men, or women, but the main thing about why Rasulallah (SAW) advised Muslims to lower their gaze (and later Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla confirmed that it is obligatory upon them to do so) when they walked around, was to PREVENT THEM from being affected from any Fitnah that might occur.

A man or women IS allowed to look at each other, EXCEPT: 1.) At each other's bodies, because THAT, by NO DOUBT arises the Haraam lustful pleasures of their hormones. So it means that even if a man has seriously NO sexual feelings/hormone reactions, he STILL has to refrain from looking at the body of a women, especially those "young girls" wearing tight clothes in the summertime (if it sounds confusing sister, just tell me here and I'll clarify that a bit more, Inshallah).
And the next reason is: 2.) When there exists any amount of Fitnah that can resolve when not looking down. In basic words, if a Muslim boy cannot look at a girl's face because his hormones that acting up, then it is WAJIB that he does NOT look up at her face, and that is because no matter why he "needs" to look at her (when he talks to her, for important matters), his hormones will start to react, and when the Nafs falls down on it's gaurd, Iblis strikes there.

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Walaikumasalam, brother Abdul Hasib summed it up rather nicely - I kinda got the same problem at uni at the moment.. its like you try to just look down 24/7 and when you dont expect it BAM! its in your face :( and you gotta start from square one all over again :(:(:(

A gift

Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahe Wabarakaathuh sister. As for your question, let's understand what Rasulallah (SAW) advised us about when it comes to The Forbidden Gaze. It does not mean that it is Haraam to look at men, or women, but the main thing about why Rasulallah (SAW) advised Muslims to lower their gaze (and later Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla confirmed that it is obligatory upon them to do so) when they walked around, was to PREVENT THEM from being affected from any Fitnah that might occur.

A man or women IS allowed to look at each other, EXCEPT: 1.) At each other's bodies, because THAT, by NO DOUBT arises the Haraam lustful pleasures of their hormones. So it means that even if a man has seriously NO sexual feelings/hormone reactions, he STILL has to refrain from looking at the body of a women, especially those "young girls" wearing tight clothes in the summertime (if it sounds confusing sister, just tell me here and I'll clarify that a bit more, Inshallah).
And the next reason is: 2.) When there exists any amount of Fitnah that can resolve when not looking down. In basic words, if a Muslim boy cannot look at a girl's face because his hormones that acting up, then it is WAJIB that he does NOT look up at her face, and that is because no matter why he "needs" to look at her (when he talks to her, for important matters), his hormones will start to react, and when the Nafs falls down on it's gaurd, Iblis strikes there.

thank you so much akhi that is really beneficial . now i knew the differnence alhamdulillah and i totally understand:)

A gift

Walaikumasalam, brother Abdul Hasib summed it up rather nicely - I kinda got the same problem at uni at the moment.. its like you try to just look down 24/7 and when you dont expect it BAM! its in your face :( and you gotta start from square one all over again :(:(:(

no akhi its not that i cant control myself in fact i can control myself i only look when i want to . its men who cant control themselves i guess

Nurain

Assalamu alaykum

I am struggling with this looking down and away from forbidden gaze, I guess it has become a habit this culture of "checking people out" but I really am trying very hard because indeed that second look onwards open doors to fitna and much more sins, naudzaubillaah min dzalik, so brothers and sisters please make du'a for me that I succeed in looking away I really am trying am almost there!

A gift

:salam2:

i pray that Allah make thsi easier for you . i have never found a problem in looking down . even if i meet my dad outside i dont recognize him because i am not looking i dont know if its right or what cause i was about to be hitted by a car becuase i wasnt looking and the driver was furious:angryblue: and i looked so stupid when i went home i told mom and she was so upset while i was keeping laughing becasue Allah proteced me :biggrin: