Spat at

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
:salam2:

I was on the way ome from masjid today and i had the great experience (not) of being spat at by a drunk man.

Do you know what upset me the most?

The fact that people walk by and don't stand up for a woman being abused.

Its a disgusting society we live in these days

BrotherZak

I was on the way ome from masjid today and i had the great experience (not) of being spat at by a drunk man.

I would have done something very violent if i saw one of our sisters being abused and plus the fact that i'm black would scare them off as well :D But in all seriousness remember the prophet had that experience a number of times..

MubarekMuslimah

Assalaamu alaikum sis

I too have had abuse like that before - not been spat at but words and intimidation from drunk youths ( teenagers) You just gotta keep walking with your head held high - they want a reaction from you. Let them see how insignificant they are by not reacting - then they will look stupid. Allah swt knows and hears and sees all. If he was drunk he probably didnt know what he was doing either ( not that that excuses it). You could also phone the police too - they can pick him up for harassment and drunk and disordely.

As for people not helping you - I fainted once outside Tesco - had the flu and other stuff, went a funny shade and collapsed. I was on my own ( my friend was still inside paying). What shocked me most was no-one came over to see if I was ok....I could have been dying for all they knew!! Its shocking..

Take care,

Wasalaams

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2: sister

sorry to hear that, may Allah reward you, ameeeen...
hate it when stupid chickens pick on our sisters
I usually get some "trying to be bad" looks, but i look back with no fear until they lower there eyes... some they just try to try us... don't let no one try to step on you... sorry, i know you are a sister, try your best not to be alone... I try to be friendly with anyone who pass by, but some need some education and an open mind

i read in (i believe BBC) news that about 10 white attacked 5 jews in a train port, no one helped except one muslim brother... don't count on any non-muslim to help you as most of them they don't help each other even when a female is mistreated...

May Allah reward you... ameeen

sal12

woah that's bad! it's scary when it's a drunk person they tend to be very violent. Me and my friend was once around 3 drunken men and we thought they were gonna hit us with a beer bottle or something (lol) instead they said salam to us! Well their exact words were, "SALAMULATEKUM." But yeh drunk people are the worst. Just be thankful he didnt attack u in a more violent way. I know a few convert women who have been attacked by men for turning Muslim. It's just horrible!

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
Assalaamu alaikum sis

I too have had abuse like that before - not been spat at but words and intimidation from drunk youths ( teenagers) You just gotta keep walking with your head held high - they want a reaction from you. Let them see how insignificant they are by not reacting - then they will look stupid. Allah swt knows and hears and sees all. If he was drunk he probably didnt know what he was doing either ( not that that excuses it). You could also phone the police too - they can pick him up for harassment and drunk and disordely.

As for people not helping you - I fainted once outside Tesco - had the flu and other stuff, went a funny shade and collapsed. I was on my own ( my friend was still inside paying). What shocked me most was no-one came over to see if I was ok....I could have been dying for all they knew!! Its shocking..

Take care,

Wasalaams

OMG....you fainted and no-one helped? Thats so wrong.....society is so wrong wrong wrong!

Thats what hurts the most is seeing that other people don't care anymore....SubhanAllah

a_brother

Make dua for us all
woah that's bad! it's scary when it's a drunk person they tend to be very violent. Me and my friend was once around 3 drunken men and we thought they were gonna hit us with a beer bottle or something (lol) instead they said salam to us! Well their exact words were, "SALAMULATEKUM." But yeh drunk people are the worst. Just be thankful he didnt attack u in a more violent way. I know a few convert women who have been attacked by men for turning Muslim. It's just horrible!

LOL, funny but sad

ShyHijabi

Salaam sister,

I am so sorry you had to deal with something so disgusting. Little known fact but spitting now qualifies as "assault" in America due to the diseases that can be transmitted. If this ever happens again (Allah forbid) call 911 and have the jerk arrested. Inshallah this man will change his ways one day before it's too late and he faces his punishment in the grave.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

saira1984

Trust in Allah swt

Salam,

Astafullah, I can't believe that!!!

last week it the man who was talking to his shoes and this week......

Apart from that how was mosque?? I really missed it :(

Call me

Saira x :hearts:

zarah

Islam
Staff member

Life aye,this place is getting worse every second.I have people giving me weird looks when I am on the bus or driving....

You get freaks out there,had this drunk guy last time just looked back and saw me walking and swore...
(I don`t really care just walk on...:hijabi:)

Inshallah one day they will come on to the straight path.

:wasalam:

Almeftah

(34. The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e. Allâh ordered the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly), then verily! he, between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend).[Fussilat41:34]

nblueblaze

A Brother
I would have done something very violent if i saw one of our sisters being abused and plus the fact that i'm black would scare them off as well :D But in all seriousness remember the prophet had that experience a number of times..

I second that brother....Its very hard to keep one cool when we see muslim women/girls being insulted.

Let me share a personal experience with you all.

I live in India, a muslim minority country, a country where we muslims cant voice our opinions freely. We had many riots in our country, during riots many muslim women were raped-I perticularly remember one incident which came in our newspaper which reports that a 16/17yr old muslim girl was gang-raped by several Hindu Zealots in the name of their religion. After raping she was burnt live.
I am presently staying in city called Hyderabad, a muslim dominated modern city in India. The city is known for its Information Technology prowess...many eminent Co. like Deloitte, Accenture, Google, IBM etc have set up offices in this city. The other day I was travelling by a private bus..being low cost public conveyance it was crowed...luckily I got a seat. There were two muslim females sitting in front of me (they were not facing me, the seats face in an unidirectional way). Both were wearing veil (Hijab). Now its very difficult ot judge age of an woman in hijab (Indian Hijab covers face also only the eyes are visible, there isnt any cover over the eyes) but I am pretty sure the girls were high-school or College girls. sitting adjacent they were chatting with each other. A man came (donno his religion) and stood in a manner that his body (groin to be precise) brushed against the shoulder of the girl. The bus was crowded but wasnt so crowded, there was space, he could have stand like a modest gentle man. But his intention was something else. As the bus started to move he kept on doing his immodest activity. I noticed that the girl was feeling uncomfortable but out of modesty wasnt able to say anything to that indecent man.

It was extremely difficult and insulting to watch such a blatant sexual molestation. None of the people standing near the man said anything. I generally avoid getting into trouble/scuffles but this was altogether a different case, I called the girl and asked her in Hindi/Urdu if the person next to him is a relative or friend of her...she replied in negative. I confronted the man, shouting to behave in a proper manner and asking him to stand properly. Out of shame the man not only said nothing but alighted the bus at the next stop.

I agree with Rosheen...It is a disgusting society...trying to insult or misbehave with muslim women but Sister Rosheen, when we refer to the muslim women we refer them as 'our women'; your respect is our responsibility...Its very unfortunate that you have faced such an insulting situation, had there been any Brother he surely should have protected you. Thanks to Allah you are safe-what if the drunkard attacked you with a knife/gun. Many many thanks to Allah that you are safe.

May Allah never make you face such a situation again, may allah always protect you, May you live a cheerful life.

To BrotherZak:: there is no disinction of color/race/ethnicity in Islam. Every brother-Coloured/white/arab/asian would be violent in such a situation. No muslim male can stand such an insult on our woman. plz do not stress upon your skin-color. Every body is scrared of a violent muslim male who stands for his right.

Stay beautiful my brothers & sisters.

Khuda Hafiz.

Brother Nasim

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum,

Allah protect our Muslims and give them ability to be strong and to make hijrah for sake of Allah to the Muslim lands.

wasalam