spiders....help me plz

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous
As Salaamu Alaikum/kii wrb...do anyone have any phobias of spiders? do anyone feel as if they are under attack? or is it just me, I almost commited suicide running from a spider!!! why are they following me??? its like they know Im petrified so they are bulling me. last week one winded dwn from the roof of the truck at work while I was driving and I jumpd and screamed out of the seat with the gears still in drive while on the highway my partna had to control the wheel, last nite I was almost late for work because one was chilling on my drivers side window of my trck, and get this they are always white or yellowish in color and very ugly, oooooh, any advise all the "overcome fear" thats online are all seem to be a fraud or non sense:shymuslima1: plz help me plz

lozlg

Muslima for 1 year!
Walaikam Assalam, sorry sis can't help you on that one. I have a phobia of wasps/bees and like you say they seem to follow me. I even carry wasp spray in my car and almost had a car accident when one flew in through the window. One landed on my bag once as i was walking and i threw my bag across the street in to the road lol. Pleople must have thought i was bonkers. Im not keen on spiders but i wouldnt have a phobia of them though. I can't see how i could ever overcome my fear. Good luck to you though, i hope Allah makes it easier for u x

hassana elkoussi

lol I can't help you either as i have this phobia of roaches. My husband keeps telling me to think that they're not capable of hurting me, just to help me overcome my fear. To tell you the truth, I know they can't hurt me, but his words didn't help. I keep having this shiver all over my body as soon as i see one. I just keep an insecticide spray nearby to make me feel secure, why don't you do that, at least you can kill it as soon as you set eyes on it. I used to repeat a certain duaa, but i don't know its translation, this one really helps. It's
ربى أعوذ بك من شر كل دابة ربى آخذ بناصيتها

Anyway the general meaning is seeking refuge with Allah swt from any walking ( or crawling) creature over which Allah has control.
Hope someone can provide a better translation.

Salam:hearts:

rightpath_357

well, I think u could Du'aa to Allah to rid u of this phobia. still- same as u- i hate spiders! scare me. i love honey bee's though, i know they make delicious stuff, but i've seen lots of people freaking out- lolz. just recite Aytul-Kursi before you go out, or any time you might be afraid. And surat Falaq& Nas

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Asslamu Alaikum,

I am afraid I cant help either, but I will agree with sister rightpath:D Quran will always help inshaAllah!:D
and sister Hussana, I think we're not supposed to kill spiders?
according to Islam, i dont remember the exact place where I heard but I know brother BIlal Assad said something about not killing frogs, spiders and some other insect I dont remember:( I hope another brother or sister can answer best on this!
may Allah make it easy for you sister ummyasin:D

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I have a phobia of dogs. Especially running, barking dogs. I always feel scared that they will run and bite me. But if you recite Ayat al kursi and firmly believe that Allah has appointed a guard right next to you who you can't see, it really helps and you can bravely walk past whatever your phobic-creature is.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

assalamu allaicum dear sister.

I am sorry for not be able to advice you becasue I am not afraid of spiders,and I do not have experiance of "spiderphobia" Alhamdulillah. At least I am not afraid of those home spiders. my advice for you sister would be that you try to look spiders with diffrente eyes,because if you look them like kind and harmless animals than you will be less afraid them Inshallah.:hijabi: May Allah bless you and protect you. Also rememember that spider was the one who protect our ResulAllah s.a.w.s and Abu Bakr r.a. from enemies of Islaam. Maybe this can help you to feel less afraid of them.:hijabi:. I love all animals,they are so much beautiful creation of Allah. But personally me I do not love mosquites,and feel phobia of them.

May Allah help you

:wasalam:

kiki18

don't be scared of the creatures of Allah :) i really don't have any phobias towards animals because that's what i always think, they are beasts from Allah. Still if you are scared screaming and running and getting all freaked out will not help you. the animal might get scared and either do one of two things run and get frightten or attack because it thinks it's in danger :p. So the best thing is to be calm and chill. I know this can be hard but ask for help from Allah. :)

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous
Salaams...lol for all of ur input, I will try Ayatul kursi...I dont know it in arabic though :( sis asja,...I was told that that story was fabricated Allahu Alim,...tabassum lol I 2 are very afraid of All dogs, but thats because I have been bitten so many times, and by all the ownrs that are quick 2say Oh he wont bite!!! whateva, my response is do it have teeth? that usually make them laugh and think. shurkran to you all.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
no need to fear them so much. at the most they'll climb on you. they are not going to injure you.:)

make Dua to Allah to take away frm spiders phobia and keep u away frm spiders.
inshallah it'll be alright.

may Allah keep the spiders away frm u. :)

Ameen

kiki18

yes they will climb on and do nothing more because the large majority of the spiders aren't venomous!! :D hehe i actually like spiders their behavior is incredible! try to watch one spider on the go and you will be facinated :)