Spring Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniq

:salam2: :salah:
This is a realy good poem on the Prophet Muhammed SAW i thought i share it its by Shaikh Hamza Yusuf.
Spring's Gift
By Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

*Removed*

Aqsa Sister

Assalamu Alaikum!

Mashallah, that's a pretty poem. Jazakum Allah for posting it. I emailed it to all my friends to share with them the langual talent of an educated shaikh. It's worth the time to read. Salam.

Rania

samiha

---------
Staff member
Wa alaykum assalam.

This poem was removed due to two reasons. The first being that Hamza Yusuf is a Sufi has some beliefs which are not correct. May Allah Guide him in these aspects.

The second of these are for the fact that the wording in the poem was also very strange. Envy has only been allowed upon two people: one who has wealth and spends it in the way of Allah, and another who has knowledge and spends/teaches in the way of Allah. The lyrical aspect I understand and I see why perhaps he would write the poem as he did, but I do not approve of it at all. We are humans, why should we envy any tree, pot or any other object, regardless of what they were for the Messenger of Allah :saw:

A story to reflect:

In one of the houses of Madinah, ‘Umar ibn Al-Khattab, may Allaah be pleased with him, was sitting with a group of his companions. He asked them: “Make a wish”, one of them said, “I wish to have as much gold as would fill this whole house, so that I could spend it in Jihaad”; then again ‘Umar asked: “Make a wish”, another man said, “I wished that this house was full of jewels and pearls so that I could spend it all in Jihaad and charity for the sake of Allaah”; ‘Umar asked for the third time: “Make a wish”, his companions said: “We don’t know what to say, O leader of the believers”; Thereupon ‘Umar said, “I wish that this house was full of men like Abu ‘Ubaydah Ibn Al-Jarraah, Mu’aadh bin Jabal and Saalim who works for Abu Hudhayfah in order to use them to spread the word of Allaah”

Our wishes should not be something of the past, something unattainable, something which has no value. Allah has given us life and choices, we should make the right ones and strive to aquaint ourselves with the righteous and knowledgeable. That should be our wish, to have people around us who will exhort us to righteousness and help us attain Jannah.

The last part of the poem was also wrong. Muhammad :saw: did not grace spring with anything, he was merely a human like the rest of us. Assuredly he :saw: was the last Prophet and Messenger, but we do not give him any status higher than he :saw: gave himself, and do not attribute anything other than what he did himself.

Therefore... Topic Locked

:wasalam:

Status
Not open for further replies.