Sri Lankan maid abused by employer in Saudi Arabia

Status
Not open for further replies.

auss20

:salam2: brother

Thanks for your comment, may i know are you coming from Sri Lanka? i think this is very good media to share some details among our muslim friends via whole over the world.

Du'aa for us.

Maasalam

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:
As I my self is also from Sri Lanka....I know alot of ladies going to middle east to earn money....and whenever they return home most of them say that they are harmed by MUSLIMS......:angryblue:
This is some thing usual in south Asia...
ALLAH TALA KNOWS THE BEST...
Fee Amanillah

islamdonlyway

walikumsalam

i dont think ud find hardly any countries that strictly treat people with respect.even in saudi, there are those who neglect people from other countries, i know this as i have family members who went through it.even if you go dubai, unfortunatly people look down at non arabs, and treat them like dirt.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Saalam alaikum

Astaghfir Allah.
may Allah guide us all to the sirat al-mustaqeem
and may He forgive us and may He protect the needy one,ameen

wassalam

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa rahmtullah wa barakatuhu

Wa la hawle wa la quwete illa billahi

This is one of the the most severe form of violence that one man can do to another man. It is a violation of the integrity of one person, destroying society and lowering man to the lowest branches although Allah has raised him above other creatures and left him in amanah responsibility not only toward himselfe but also toward the all mankind.

Victims of these kind of crimes usually do not report these crimes, many of them do not get any professional help which is neccessery in these situations, mostly they are also victims of the whole society when the responsibility is passed on them as they are usually accused to be the one who have provked violence toward them.

On the other hand those who commit these crimes usually go unpunished, while danger and opportunity for committing the same re-grow and then we all become potential victims.

I hope that by Saudia Arabia personal law punishment for this crime is strict and I also hope it will be just, and that this man will be prevent from doing something like this in the future.

May Allah guide us all. Ameen

Wa Allaicumu Sallam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
24 Nails... :astag:

Assalamu allaicum wa rahamtullah wa braaktuhu

Yes 24 Nails...but it is not only the nails, it is everything Astagfirullah. It is psychological trauma, humiliation, attack on one of the greatest value of every man - life and dignity-.

May this man get the punishment which he deserves. Ameen

auss20

Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu

Thanks for your comments from everybody here. Specially i agreed with Sister Asja sentence. When you pointed the ruling (Personal law), he must be punished by the Saudi Government, that is our expectation of Sri Lankan muslim because our media hugely attacked our religion via medias regading the problem.

but Allah know the best and he will help Our Muslim Ummah..

Pray for us..

Maasalam

AdamMuslim

Assalamou Alikom Warahmatou Allah,

Our beloved prophet Muhammad PBUH said: "A woman went to Hell because of a cat which she tied up, and did not feed it or let it eat of the vermin of the earth.” .

In my opinion this hadith synthesizes one of the most important value of Islam: JUSTICE.

Even if you unjustly harm the most insignificant of Allah's creature and you do not repent you will not get away with it.

This being said, I wonder what those people would respond in the day of judgment when they will be asked about those deeds ?

Brothers and sisters Islam has nothing to do with this modern time slavery and barbarianism.

Wassalam

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu

Thanks for your comments from everybody here. Specially i agreed with Sister Asja sentence. When you pointed the ruling (Personal law), he must be punished by the Saudi Government, that is our expectation of Sri Lankan muslim because our media hugely attacked our religion via medias regading the problem.

but Allah know the best and he will help Our Muslim Ummah..

Pray for us..

Maasalam

Wa allaicumu Sallam wa rahamtullah wa baraaktuhu

Dear brother you will be in our prayers Inshallah. May Allah accept them all. Ameen summa ameen

May Allah bless you. Ameen

Assalamu Allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Asalamo alaikom

we should not blame ALL muslims for one or two muslims. I am not from saudi arabia nor middle east. there are bad/stupid/ignorant people all over the world. this individual who did this should be punished for what he/she did, NOT ALL MUSLIMS

not trying to offend anyone. humans are humans not angels. some of them may act like devil/sayatin.

May Allah guide us to the right path

abu'muhammad

Assalaamu alaykum,

The news have went to Saudi officials and they have said in regard. How such incidents would affect the maids going there ? The news below report that.

Maid torture report arrives in Kingdom
By MD RASOOLDEEN | ARAB NEWS

Published: Aug 28, 2010 23:28 Updated: Aug 29, 2010 00:52

RIYADH: The Sri Lankan Embassy received on Saturday the medical report regarding the Sri Lankan housemaid who was found with 24 nails and needles embedded in her legs, arms, hands and forehead, allegedly pushed into her body by the Saudi couple she worked for as a method of punishment.

A video statement from the victim translated into Arabic language was also handed over to the Saudi Embassy in Colombo for necessary action.

“We have the report regarding L.T. Ariyawathi, a 49-year-old domestic aide who came to Riyadh in March for employment under a Saudi sponsor,” an embassy official told Arab News, adding that this would facilitate the mission to take up the case with the Foreign Affairs Ministry here requesting action against the employer.

Although the mission knows the details of the Saudi sponsor, the official said it is not protocol to contact him directly. Arab News tried to contact the sponsor but did not get a response.

“All our actions will be channeled through the Saudi Foreign Ministry,” he said.

Doctors in Sri Lanka removed on Friday 13 nails and five needles from the maid’s body. Six needles in her hands reportedly could not be removed because the procedure would damage nerves and arteries.

Condemning it as a inhumane act on an innocent worker, Kingsley Ranawaka, chairman of the Sri Lanka Bureau of Foreign Employment (SLBFE), said that the Saudi authorities should wake up regarding such human rights violations.

“Prompt action by the Saudi government will not only give confidence to the rest of the workers but will also stand as a warning against such merciless employers who treat workers like animals,” Ranawaka told Arab News from Colombo.

As a welfare measure, he added the SLBFE is making arrangements to build a house for the maid.

“It was the sole purpose of her going for overseas employment and we want to fulfill her wishes,” Ranawaka said, adding that these workers go for foreign jobs in search of greener pastures to improve their living conditions back home. “Unfortunately, a few end up with such misery.”

Ranawaka said that last year around 35,000 housemaids came to the Kingdom and 17,000 had already come during the first of the current year.

The state-run radio in Colombo said the chairman of the National Insurance Fund Senaka Abeygunasekera visited the patient at the hospital Friday and awarded the first insurance installment of 100,000 rupees (SR 3,300). Another 250,000 rupees (SR 8,200) will be given to her shortly.

In a related development, the incident of the tortured housemaid had caused panicked among the new housemaids who are scheduled to arrive in the Kingdom.

A job agent in Colombo told Arab News Friday that he had 10 housemaids ready to be dispatched to Riyadh for employment but now they are hesitating to come to the Kingdom because of this alarming news of human torture.

“This is going to affect our trade,” said the agent, who wished to remain anonymous.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~May Allah swt help her~Amin!

Assalamu Alaikum brothers and Sisters,
:astag:
This is the matter resently breaking news in Sri Lanka. As who I am a sri lankan muslim, very sad to hear about. actually sri lankan medias going to show different angle (way) because Saudi Arabia is the only one country which performing islamic rule.

please look this link:

http://kahatowita-kahatowita.blogspot.com/2010/08/sri-lankan-maid-abused-by-employers-in.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:
:salam2:

It a very sad news!
I saw it on t.v news the other day and i really hope she is recovering fast!
~May Allah swt help her~Amin!

Thank you for posting this sister,
~May Allah swt reward you~Amin!

Ramadhan Al Mubarak!

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam

Abu-talib

ehhh

:SMILY309: this is why i use to hate arabs as i am a non arab. I was born in ethiopia and so most of the ladies in my country would go there to work as maids and when they come home.....the stories are gruesome.. I used to cry on the inside... I think i even prayed to allah to destroy the arabs. *sigh* maybe that was why i strayed away from the righteous path.
I started getting into islam a few months ago and read a lot of quran and it says not to hate muslim bros and sis. I think Im kind of forgiving them. i love them for the sake of allah but thats as far as it goes.

They are barbaric!!

May allah forgive me.

Rizmina

:salam2:
Islam is a very sacred religion it never teach violence but because of these one or two notorious people whole society gets a bad name.those employers should be punished by the Saudi government publicly and that news also should be shown to all people around the world because his activity is a shame to all muslim ummath and the non Muslims including srilankan medias shows this in different ways like this "Saudi Arabians and Muslim countries torture employees and systematically abuse women due to influence of Islam religion... Islam should be banned!"

so i think the punishment should be publicly given and we should show the world
that Islam has defined the punishments for the cruel acts to purify the people.

what do you say.......................!

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:SMILY309: this is why i use to hate arabs as i am a non arab. I was born in ethiopia and so most of the ladies in my country would go there to work as maids and when they come home.....the stories are gruesome.. I used to cry on the inside... I think i even prayed to allah to destroy the arabs. *sigh* maybe that was why i strayed away from the righteous path.
I started getting into islam a few months ago and read a lot of quran and it says not to hate muslim bros and sis. I think Im kind of forgiving them. i love them for the sake of allah but thats as far as it goes.

They are barbaric!!

May allah forgive me.

Assalamu Allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Dear brother I understand your feelings and it is normal that we get hurted by some people and their actions, but for the sake of Allah we should not generalise things and condemn all people only becouse of the actions of few individuals or groups. We and only we are responsible for our actions and it is not just that we put guilt on someone who is inocente and clean from wrong doing.

Not everyone is the same, even those who make mistakes, even those who do wrong deeds, becouse some of them repent and ask forgivness for what they have done and some of them never do.

MashAllah that you are cleaning your heart, becouse those feelings are hard to bear, as heart of believer needs to be in peace so that it can be closer to His Lord.

We should all try to point out on this problem (violince) which is present in every society and it is time we all give our contribution in resolving these kind of issues. When water drop falls into the sea, it is no longer the same,it is likewise with any other changes we make for ourselves and others, nothing stays the same.

Regarding the questions made by brother "moderatemuslim" more details regarding this case we will know when competent authoritys finsh with the investigation Inshallah.

May Allah forgive us all dear brother.Ameen

Status
Not open for further replies.