Strange Phenomenon in the sky!

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
assalaamu alaykkum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

Ok, so i just saw something strange during my night watch out at sea.

We were at north pacific ocean, may be 500 miles off the coast of US. The sky was clear and there was little bit light.... and there were two well pronounced dark streaks in the sky, and one less pronounced streak, running through the half the length of the sky (I could observe only half).. spaced at may be 90 degrees... (like, if one was at west the other one was at north)... It was like splitting the sky in to sectors...

I checked again and again whether it was the smoke from the ship's funnel or the light scattered from the ship is being blocked by some object. While the former is not the case, the latter is impossible as there should be no lights going out from the ship.

Though that wasnt scary, it was definitely strange. And more strange was what followed. After sometime we got some problem in the engine and i got some 4 different fire alarms and we had to stop and we were, just till little while ago, stopped and drifting at sea all alone. Engineers could not find the source of the problem. I along with my captain tried to start the engine after a while but with no success. Well, I hope this is a mere coincidence. And I now came down after my watch was finished...

But I want to ask, do you guys know about this phenomenon? it is usual? are they some kind of clouds, do we have any student of meteorology or any sky/cloud observers here? any astronomers may be??

Any info on this is much appreciated. (Am i seeing any kind of signs of Qiyamah?!?!?!)

UPDATE:- I can now feel the ship is moving, I hope we are now on our voyage again, alhamdulillah.

PS: We are not in the bermuda triangle. *smiles*

MuslimShadow

Assalamu alaikum brother

North pacific ocean.......coool!!

I think it's a meteor or something like that.
or maybe some scientists doing some of their experiment or something.You never know.

Take care brother.

:wasalam:

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:

When I first read this,my cereal guy reaction was:"Bermuda Triangle!" heh
Could it be some electromagnetic phenomenon,like aurora ,that showed those lines and stopped engine?
Allahu 'aalam,dont know if it signs of Qiyamah,but sounds very interesting.
I tried seeing the map via google earth

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Wa-alaykum assalam

That sounds like an awesome job, really.

There are plenty of secret phenomena in nature we know nothing about yet.

Also the US has militarised space, maybe they're weapons testing, aiming for the waters for now? Watch out ..

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah

That's some thing really interesting to read !! I wish I too saw them !!

There are many phenomenons which science has not defined yet.. Wa Allahu A'alam..

Will you please upload pictures if you have them?

But Akhi I have bookmarked a video which caught my eyes few months back when I was doing some projects.. IT HAS BEEN POSTED BY MANY YOUTUBE USERS WITH MANY DIFFERENT TITLES.. I dont know the actual plzce which possessed this phenomenon..

But I want to ask you, was it some thing similar to what is being showed on this video???

Plus.. I thought u r in Bermuda triangle... But you have typed that YOU WERE NOT ROAMING THERE :p

Any ways, here is the video...

[yt]IWki-xl_ZtU[/yt]​

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
:salam2:

When I first read this,my cereal guy reaction was:"Bermuda Triangle!" heh
Could it be some electromagnetic phenomenon,like aurora ,that showed those lines and stopped engine?
Allahu 'aalam,dont know if it signs of Qiyamah,but sounds very interesting.
I tried seeing the map via google earth

haha, i know akhee, when i was writing this i was sure i am giving that impression. that is why i included a post scriptum... Not aurora because it was there without moving; for a really long time. But we never know.

Assalamualaykum

It might be super sonic jet or chem trail or some missile
wa alaykkum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh
Not jet trail akhi. usually they will fade away after sometime or even if they remain for longer period they will not be straight streak, they spread out before they eventually dissappear. Could be missile... Oooo!

Wa-alaykum assalam

That sounds like an awesome job, really.

There are plenty of secret phenomena in nature we know nothing about yet.

Also the US has militarised space, maybe they're weapons testing, aiming for the waters for now? Watch out ..

Actually what you wrote make some sense. We were in military practice area yesterday evening, i suppose. Could be them. But it was more like a natural phenomenon. wa Allahu `alam.

---------------------
Sister seeking - it was really dark. You could make out the streak only if you are in a pitch black place and observe the sky for sometime. But after it is visible to your naked eye, you can clearly see how distinct that streak was from other part of they skies. Not possible to capture that with the normal camera that i have. But i will in shaa Allah try next time, if I see them again.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!

That's some thing really interesting to read !! I wish I too saw them !!

There are many phenomenons which science has not defined yet.. Wa Allahu A'alam..

Will you please upload pictures if you have them?

But Akhi I have bookmarked a video which caught my eyes few months back when I was doing some projects.. IT HAS BEEN POSTED BY MANY YOUTUBE USERS WITH MANY DIFFERENT TITLES.. I dont know the actual plzce which possessed this phenomenon..

But I want to ask you, was it some thing similar to what is being showed on this video???

Plus.. I thought u r in Bermuda triangle... But you have typed that YOU WERE NOT ROAMING THERE

Any ways, here is the video...

[yt]IWki-xl_ZtU[/yt]​

No sister not like this...The video that you showed me is more like the Sun rays reflected from the thicker lower altitude clouds, illuminating the higher clouds. But is definitely strange, especially the rings above the higher clouds. wallahu `alam.
I'm not good at cloud observation, though i should be one. so don't take it from me.

In shaa Allah if i get to see that again in the morning i will upload it.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
The sky can be a funny thing sometimes. I too have seen strange things at times and there's one particular night from my childhood that I probably won't ever forget and never told too many people about because they look at me like I've lost it.

Allahu alim. When I was younger, I had composed a mental list of questions to ask Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala regarding His Creation if I ever made it to Jannah.

The sky was one of them.

Ahsen

I have seen many things. I f you have good binoculars you can see stars moving very quickly in the sky. You can see meteors and other stuff.

Ershad

Assalamu Alaikkum wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Yes, sky and water is full of interesting phenomena. I love them, Masha Allah. Something you guys might like to watch :

[yt]S68qmo1zT58[/yt]

These are called Horizontal Convective Rolls. In simple words, they are counter-rotating horizontal "clouds" in the form of vortices. They are also called cloud streets. If you are interested in the physics, you can read the wiki- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizontal_convective_rolls .

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
reading my post again, i realized, i forgot to write (stupid me) that the streaks that i was talking about were Vertical and not Horizontal. Like it rose from the Horizon and was stretching till i could see. But as my bridge (that place from where i navigate) was a closed one, i couldn't see whether it reached the highest possible altitude, that is, till the top of the sky.

From what i know, they are not clouds. Wa Allahu `alim.

Bro Wannabemuslim - thanks brother. I will consider writing one. *kidding*

Bro Ahsen - I had a very good binocular that I use for navigation. As it was night time and the sky was only little bright, i couldnt see much. I guess we need a good telescope.

The next night i was eager whether i will get to see it again, but no luck. but the next day morning i saw rainbow. (got bored of it)

PS:-I also saw a planet set, like sunset, at the horizon, probably Jupiter or may be Venus. subhan Allah. beautiful sight and a rare one.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
haha, i know akhee, when i was writing this i was sure i am giving that impression. that is why i included a post scriptum... Not aurora because it was there without moving; for a really long time. But we never know.

wa alaykkum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh
Not jet trail akhi. usually they will fade away after sometime or even if they remain for longer period they will not be straight streak, they spread out before they eventually dissappear. Could be missile... Oooo!

Actually what you wrote make some sense. We were in military practice area yesterday evening, i suppose. Could be them. But it was more like a natural phenomenon. wa Allahu `alam.

---------------------
Sister seeking - it was really dark. You could make out the streak only if you are in a pitch black place and observe the sky for sometime. But after it is visible to your naked eye, you can clearly see how distinct that streak was from other part of they skies. Not possible to capture that with the normal camera that i have. But i will in shaa Allah try next time, if I see them again.

Did your ship engineers say that there was a electromagnetic damage to the ship? Any parts fried? Where exactly were you in the earth at that time? I know this may sound weird but you could check sources like ESA to figure out if there was any solar flare activities which cause the lights and the EM disruption? and seriously if it was aurora, it would kinda explain the "skipping" phenomenon, as the aurora uses a pulse detonating wave engine hence why it may be seen as "skipping", but seriously were you lacking sleep? Maybe the phenomenon you saw was some bleak anomaly in your perception and maybe the engine failure was due to some other mechanical reason? Unless the engine is electric?

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Did your ship engineers say that there was a electromagnetic damage to the ship? Any parts fried? Where exactly were you in the earth at that time? I know this may sound weird but you could check sources like ESA to figure out if there was any solar flare activities which cause the lights and the EM disruption? and seriously if it was aurora, it would kinda explain the "skipping" phenomenon, as the aurora uses a pulse detonating wave engine hence why it may be seen as "skipping", but seriously were you lacking sleep? Maybe the phenomenon you saw was some bleak anomaly in your perception and maybe the engine failure was due to some other mechanical reason? Unless the engine is electric?

The engine is not electric and the cause for its failure is due to oil leak from a pressure releasing valve. (i dont know the exact technical reason). As i said it was a mere coincidence.

I wasnt alone on my watch. I had my lookout, whose primary duty is to literally look out and report to me if he has seen any light. Though lower in rank, he has years of experience than me at sea. We both saw it and we both didn't know what that was.

I thought aurora will be colorful and would last only for few minutes or something... but it was there for about 2.5 hrs then i came down and didnt know how long it was there.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
The engine is not electric and the cause for its failure is due to oil leak from a pressure releasing valve. (i dont know the exact technical reason). As i said it was a mere coincidence.

I wasnt alone on my watch. I had my lookout, whose primary duty is to literally look out and report to me if he has seen any light. Though lower in rank, he has years of experience than me at sea. We both saw it and we both didn't know what that was.

I thought aurora will be colorful and would last only for few minutes or something... but it was there for about 2.5 hrs then i came down and didnt know how long it was there.

alright so no electromagnetic resonance with the engine. Was there any visible land? (as the light did seem to go from ground up as u said)? If so then it may be a fast missile or rocket test? Or its just some refraction/cloud phenomenon, I assume vapor from the sea into the atmosphere along with a light source might account for it?

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Case Solved!

so I saw them again. this time three of us. And i found out the reason. The ship was using spare navigation light (small light for other vessel to identify us) which was at a lesser height than the main one. And there was an obstruction (which wasn't supposed to be and was against the rules..) and there was hazy (mist) atmosphere or may be low lying (thinner) clouds. so what we saw was the shadow and that was the reason they were distinct. But i don't know how it was able to block the horizon. May be some kind of cloud formation that helped it.

Thanks for your replies brothers and sisters. And sorry that it has ended in this way. I really thought it was rare sight. Stupid bulb and its obstruction.

Or its just some refraction/cloud phenomenon, I assume vapor from the sea into the atmosphere along with a light source might account for it?

Bingo! well, somewhat..

ashequemahmud

Existance of Almighty

Sometimes we observe something too strange. Science can not explain it. This miracles proves the existence of Almighty Allah and the legality of Islam.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
so I saw them again. this time three of us. And i found out the reason. The ship was using spare navigation light (small light for other vessel to identify us) which was at a lesser height than the main one. And there was an obstruction (which wasn't supposed to be and was against the rules..) and there was hazy (mist) atmosphere or may be low lying (thinner) clouds. so what we saw was the shadow and that was the reason they were distinct. But i don't know how it was able to block the horizon. May be some kind of cloud formation that helped it.

Thanks for your replies brothers and sisters. And sorry that it has ended in this way. I really thought it was rare sight. Stupid bulb and its obstruction.

Heh mashaAllah.It's really interesting to hear, do share some other strange experiences of yours in sha Allah.
This Friday me and some brothers were talking about miracles,one of us argued that it is natural,other said it's above the laws of nature.(I was oscillating between their views while another brother was being a judge between them lol :p)Your post made me think that sometimes some phenomena occur in nature which we can not explain at some point because we don't possess that intellect at that time,but maybe later we can explain them.
Any ways keep sharing insha Allah
wasalam